Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hall & Goats - A Bubba the Monster Hunter Short Story
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 9, 2012
I am so tired of paranormal tales that feature perfect, unnaturally gorgeous heroes and heroines, who spout melodramatic, angst-filled, high-falutin' crap, I mean dialog. I love that Bubba is very large, hairy, overweight, cynical, smart-mouthed and almost completely politically incorrect (although his best friend is a gay black man). The author manages to capture the flavor of Southern speech and mannerisms, without being difficult too understand. Bubba's sense of humor is snarky, irreverent, hilarious and Just Wrong, on so many levels. I got this as a free download and I got really lucky. I am pretty particular and I saw no typos, grammatical errors, or missed words; pretty impressive for a self-published work. Even though I am a cheapskate of major proportions, I fully intend to spend actual money to acquire more of this writer's work. He is THAT good! What are you waiting for??!! Buy this, right now!
on December 10, 2012
The title alone was worth what I paid for this delightful short story (ie $0.00) :) .

It is a buddy story about two drastically mismatched guys in the business of tracking down and dealing with threats from cryptozoological monstrosities. The whole story is firmly tongue in cheek (sometimes not in the owner's cheek). A fun read without any particularly socially redeeming qualities.
on November 5, 2012
Over six and a half feet tall. Over three hundred pounds. Pony tail wearing, beard to the chest, hairy as a gorilla, gun toting, stripper loving, agent for the Catholic church, Bubba, and his techno geek backup Skeeter are BACK. They bring the fun to this potential goat fest. This time they have help from ....gasp....a female government agent. Now where can that lead except into laughterville. This is the 3rd Bubba short story I have read and luckily they don't have to be read in order, so take a little taste. Bubba won't hurt you, unless you are trying to hurt the humans....or put a gun in his face.
on December 8, 2012
I truly loved this writing and could not put the story down . I laughed in several places and really enjoyed the book. It was just what I needed for the day I was having. Then again it gave me a reason to secluse in the gazebo for the day.
on August 8, 2012
I am a fan of Hartness's writing, and especially the 'Bubba the Monster Hunter' series. A great, fun and all-too-short read, it is like a great B movie on the weekend for your brain. With all the less-than-spectacular urban fantasy hitting the shelves and airwaves this year, do this for yourself, give yourself the gift of a great read.
on November 11, 2012
I got this as one as a free download and I got it because I liked the reviews and the story that was described. I enjoyed the book, but I'm a fast reader and 33 pages didn't really take long to go through. The story was funny, and generally well-written with minimal typos or errors. I looked into getting more of his books, but based on the short lengths of them I'm having a hard time justifying it. There is one compilation that is $2.99 for 87 pages and individual stories are 20-30 pages for $0.99. With all the other good stuff out there to read it's hard to justify spending this much for so little material. I like them, and if more, longer stuff comes out I'll definitely consider it, but if I'm going to spend money, I want it to occupy me for more time than it takes to wait for dinner to cook...
on March 3, 2013
Bubba is always a great read -- a funny, supernatural, action packed read. I always enjoy his adventures -- getting drunk and visiting strip clubs, killing the supernatural baddies, and being sarcastic as hell!!! John has created a very memorable character and I would love to see a full length novel based on him.
on May 3, 2012
Who better to chase mystical beasts than a good ol' boy crossed to a gorilla -- maybe upland variety...not sure there.

Down home humor of the horror nature. Bubba the Game should be at least R-rated when it comes out. But you know how annoyingly puritanical those rating agencies are.
on August 10, 2013
Another romp with Bubba and the supernatural. This time, finding out what is killing animals in the south.

SPOILER.........

Meet a nice family of vampires on vacation. And they don't prefer human blood. Lol
on December 5, 2012
This is an entertaining piece reminisent of an old 60's detective novel updated to the present day with the helpless sexy starlet being a little less helpless and supernaturals playing the villans - a good read.