Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hallelujah
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 28, 2013
This is a great song and I have downloaded several copies. It has been done by practically everybody from rock bands to opera singers and there is something to say for all. The lyrics are stunning - it is a very sad love song. The singer or chorus who does it needs quite a range. It needs to be belted out, not whispered with the help of electronic equipment. I liked Allison Crowe's renditon. Bon Jovi does a good job, as does Jason Castro,the Canadian Tenors, and Brandi Carlile.
on August 6, 2013
I like this song and love Allison's voice. It is haunting and moving and powerful. She sings the song as though she is trying to convey a serious message and I am on the verge of understanding the message. I recommend this song.
on December 10, 2012
I heard Leann Rimes sing this song in concert a couple of weeks ago (and of course Leann Rimes does not have this available for purchase). I sought out the best female version I could find. This is it. She is good, but she is not Leann Rimes, hence only 4 stars. But it is still a beautiful song.
on September 8, 2011
This is the best version of this sone I've ever heard and I think highly of many other versions. Allison's voice makes this a truly outstanding song. One of my favorites of all time
on December 24, 2012
Almost better than Leonard Cohen's original. I love this verion because of her clear phrasing and thoroughly emotional approach to a song that is really quite romantic.
on January 16, 2013
Allison Crowe is the most amazing voice I've found in popular music in decades. Her ground-breaking interpretation of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is just one of many favorites in her catalogue. Every time I come back to it, it fills me with joy, and, renewed respect. We're fortunate to have her!!
on June 20, 2014
This is my favorite song! I have a wide variety of singers and styles that I like, so being able to download this song from multiple singers has been a wonderful listening experience!
on December 5, 2008
A simple clean piano and single voice with slight echo, Allison Crowe brings a depth and emotion to this song that makes other artists seem light and hollow.
on January 10, 2013
I listened to the sample of this recording and was struck by how overwrought and melodramatic Ms. Crowe had made her interpretation. I personally cannot see this as a song about histrionics but about reflection on love and loss. Mr. Cohen illustrates what it is to lose a love later in life after a long relationship, Mr. Buckley's interpretation is of a young man who has lost the love of his life and will never love that way again. Both of these recordings are looking back from a place of acceptance and reflection. Ms. Voegele has recorded a version which captures what it feels like to have just lost that love and the wounds have not had time to scab over. Like Job she is not willing to accept that her suffering is just, nor is she willing to "curse God and die."
on November 25, 2012
Crow does a decent job on this song, my recent favorite lyrics. Gives it a strong clear sound and image.