5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Possibly the BEST EVER Halloween Crafts book!
Published on July 25, 2002 by Christina L. Bogle

3.0 out of 5 stars Crafty, but not elegant
I just got this book and there are some good ideas in it (which is why I gave it three stars), but I do not find the majority of their decor to be elegant.

What's elegant about using a cookie cutter to shape your sandwich like an owl or using the plastic honey bear to make a nightlight?

If you're looking for some adult craft ideas, then this book may...
Published on September 15, 2004 by S. Jonsson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Possibly the BEST EVER Halloween Crafts book!, July 25, 2002
Christina L. Bogle "calamityja" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
Last year I stopped into the our local bookstore and came across this wonderful book for Halloween! Most Halloween books really come across as chitchy and more for the kids, but this one really stood heads above the crowd! Since I'm not into the kid element, this book really can make or break your Halloween party! Just great stuff in here! I used a few of the recepies for the Spider punch, and the cookies. Also did the stone pumpkins. They were a hit at my party! I didn't have much time to use the ideas last year, but since the party was so successful, we are going to keep this book at hand from now until up until October! The projects are insightful and just great! Who thought of spraying Fleckstone to make Graveyard Stone Pumpkins?! We did the Orchard Stone statue and wanted to create the Amature Butler, but didn't have time. This year our Jack Skellington costume will be stuffed and built with the amature project in this book. We just finished making our first "Drippy Black Candle" and WOW! All I can say is this party this year will be fabulous! Most of the projects are clearly designed for adult entertaining, with none of those cheap kiddy elements, with paper masks and cardboard costumes. FINALLY something THEATRICAL!!!! Now you can have Phantom of the Opera style candles flickering though the house! Very elegant, wonderful ideas! All of them here are just fabulous, creepy, yet without going overboard into the gory, horror-movie style. Hey, let's make Halloween into a great, elegant, FUN holiday to celebrate! Adults love to have fun too, and since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, this book really raises the bar with your haunted house and trick or treat home decorating.
Martha Stewart's Halloween book is also good, but Kasey Rodgers is so much better! More Kasey, more! Do you think you could fire up some wonderful Christmas crafts for us too? ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars finally, a halloween book that's not cutesy!, July 24, 2002
trystan "trystan" (Silicon Valley, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
So many halloween books are geared towards kids -- it's refreshing to find one aimed at adults. And adults with style, not just adults who like blood & gore. This book has crafts & decorations for a very elegant adult Halloween celebration. In these projects, skulls nestle among fall leaves & flowers, candles glow dramatically, & silken banners flutter in the wind. The photos are lavish, the instructions are clear, & the projects require only basic tools & sewing skills. I've been making Halloween decorations for years, but this book had beautiful new ideas I hadn't thought of & that I hadn't found in other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some adult Halloween party crafts!!, August 27, 2002
Cathy (Rochester, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
This is a well thought out, easy to follow book. Lots of pictures make this book a must buy for anyone who hosts an adult Halloween party. These are not like those easy, cutesy "country" projects you get in most books; instead they are more sophisticated for the mature Halloween addict. Most of the projects will take some time to make, so buy this book well in advance of the Halloween season. I also enjoyed the recipes and especially the patterns and templates the author provides. I recommend this book to anyone who loves Halloween and is serious about decorating.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book for Adult Halloween Addicts!!, October 25, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
I'm a true Halloween addict, I must confess. Every year by July I'm "chomping at the bit" to find new and more inventive Halloween craft, decorating, and party ideas, and this book truly fits the bill. Although I have several Halloween craft and party books and enjoy them all, this will be one that I will definitely be using over and over in the years to come. Finally! a Halloween craft and decorating book with not only clear, concise directions to go along with the excellent color photographs, but a plethora of wonderfully ELEGANT ideas for a "spooktacular" Halloween party as well. None of the overly gorey, "kitchy" stuff here! More like the elegance of the parties that those of the Victorian era must have enjoyed. BRAVO! and Kudos to you, Miss Rogers, PLEASE! Do write more, perhaps for some other holidays as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars A craft book with ACTUAL things you can create, August 6, 2002
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
This isn't some craft book with ideas that seem impossible to do! Everything seems so simple to make and well worth the time to do it! The tombstones are beautiful and I plan on making them this year! I love this book.
If you're into creating your own Halloween decor, this book is totally for you! Well worth the $$.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Eerily Elegant Decor" is an accurate description!, September 26, 2001
Jennifer Hulbert (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
After having rejected most of the Halloween decor books, I discovered this delightful book. It seems as though most other books are "little kid" and "cutesy," which is not my goal. However, neither is blood and gore. This book offered exactly what I sought. Many of the projects are simply outstanding, such as the "Harvest of Skulls Centerpiece" and the "Creepy Drippy Candles." These projects, while creepy and eerie, project a degree of sophistication.
I have several other Halloween books that I've gathered over the last few years, but this one is by far my favorite!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book deserves a lot more than 5...better make it a 10!, August 16, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
I have to reiterate what the prior reviewers have said. This is a FABULOUS book. Incredibly imaginative, yet sophisticated. I love the red gourd imps. I bought this book last year immediately before Halloween, and wasn't able to utilize it as it was too late to make anything. But, I was able to buy a supply of ears to use this year on my imps. Buy the book! You WON'T regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one for the Halloween junkie, July 12, 2003
Tracy Hoffmann (Downingtown, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
If you love Halloween and are looking for something different, this book is one for your shelf. There are clever ideas that can be taken to the next level. Try the gourd goblins! I made about 30 of these (after finally finding the right gourds) and people were begging to buy them from me. Can't imagine what the reviewer who was singing Marth Stewart's praises could be on about. The ideas in her book are really tired compared to some of these. Also check out Hocus Pocus: Halloween Crafts for a Spooktacular Holiday by Martingale and Company.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crafty, but not elegant, September 15, 2004
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)

If you're looking for some adult craft ideas, then this book may be worth looking into, just keep in mind that different people have varying opinions of what constitutes "elegant decor."

5.0 out of 5 stars Halloween is for adults again!, September 1, 2004
This review is from: Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor (Paperback)
As other reviewers have written, this Halloween decorating book is meant for adults with taste. So often Halloween is reduced (doubtless by the presence of chain retailers that rely for profit on the kitschy) to the garish and silly--think of those stupid "witch-flew-into-a-tree" decorations. Kasey Rogers saves the day with this book, in which you can turn pumpkins into macabre "stone" settings, set up a Goblin King with his loyal subjects, light flickering Gothic candles, and enjoy a "harvest" of skulls. My favorite, though, is definitely the extremely easy to make New England-style tombstones. And next to the elegant nature of these projects, the best part is that nothing here is prefab silliness. Halloween is for adults again!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor
Halloween Crafts: Eerily Elegant Decor by Kasey Rogers (Paperback - Aug. 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01