Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on April 7, 2015
Original ideas for Halloween crafts and decorating! I've read just about every DIY book on Halloween crafting, and lately it seems many of them just copy each other or the ubiquitous Martha. THIS book features some unique ideas for making decorations, and very few of them could be termed cutesy or gory, avoiding the extremes of the season quite elegantly. Recommended for anyone who's tired of the same old pumpkin-painting, paper-ghost stuff.
on November 7, 2008
Since I live in Australia, and Halloween isn't a big deal here, I was looking for something inspirational with clear how-tos to get started with. When I first received this book I was disappointed, but it really started to grow on me! I actually ended up basing most of my decorating on ideas in this book, but I didn't realise it at first! The photos are grainy, and some of the instructions aren't all that clear, but once you get past that, it's not too bad! It has some good ideas for a Halloween first-timer like me, that will actually look a lot better than the photos in the book lead you to believe. Be warned though - most of the ideas involve pumpkins or gourds in one way or another! What this book really needs is a makeover - new photos, and a little re-working on some of the instructions, and it would be great. If glossy photos are your thing, skip this and try Martha Stewart's Halloween book instead, but this one is really a diamond in the rough.
on July 16, 2004
I really liked this book. Instead of the too cute stuff you find in so many Halloween idea books, this one has some "bones" to it!Great ideas for using life size skulls to create dramatic light fixtures, the directions are straight forward and easy to follow. I've done several of the skull candle holders and am currently working on the wax dripped candle on the stack of books. It is definitely worth the price for this great book!
on June 9, 2006
I agree with some other reviews that the plastic honey bear & "Aunt Jemima" lights are bit ... uhhhh, cheesey; however, there is tons of other stuff that is very classy and it has great photos and interesting tidbits. Despite a few cheesetastiks, it's still WELL WORTH the price and a must-have for any fan of HALLOWEEN!!!