5.0 out of 5 stars The Dead Come Alive...
Published on November 3, 2011 by Nikki

2.0 out of 5 stars Something a little different
I loved the opening of the writer telling how he came upon the story. I was really excited after reading it and thought I was going to be reading something really funny. Turned out it was pretty sad and was lacking for me. I think it would make a great Tim Burton film though.
Published on April 9, 2012 by Christy D

4.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Undead Lovers, June 16, 2012
Meg Tisdale (Northwest Louisiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
I love stories that divert from the norm, and this one sure fits the bill. The plot was easy to follow, but still had a few things that were unexpected. This story is suitable in both content and in verbiage for almost anyone. It's about overcoming the odds to find your true love.

There is an underworld inhabited by the souls of the deceased. It is governed by sad and desolate souls who rejoice in the increased sadness of the city's inhabitants. Happy colorful things are not allowed. Friendship is seen as strange. The more miserable you are, the better the government and everyone around you feels. This is as it should be.

Then one day our protagonist hears that the portal between the worlds is open to certain souls who have gotten clearance from the government for one night only: Halloween.

Our protagonist sets out to secure a position on the team of ghouls and ghosties who go out into the living world to scare the bejeeves out of its populace. But his goals are different; he wants to find his lost love. He hears that if she loves him still, that he can come back and join the land of the living once more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dead Come Alive..., November 3, 2011
Nikki (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
This was a spooky, but emotional ride. There was a combination between supernatural elements and real human emotions. I felt a strong connection to the main character, which made me care about the story and truly wonder what would happen next. This is a fun book that might just get you thinking about the differences between the dead and the living. It also might scare you about what happens after you die, but that's normal right? I would recommend this book to just about anyone- but be warned that you need to have somewhat of a stomach to take some of the descriptions of the fate that befalls some of the characters. I have a relatively strong constitution but the vivid details (masterfully written, but intense) sometimes made me a little queazy. I think the title is perfect because it lets you know that because it is Halloween there will be a little cookiness and hokiness (sp?) throughout the story- but ultimately it is about love. If you've ever loved and lost a part of you will not be able to put this book down!

2.0 out of 5 stars Something a little different, April 9, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Uniquely Enjoyable, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
Everyone has an opinion of what Hell is like and this author's view is unique. Hugh, who's in Hell needs to find his love Lily in the living world. If he can get her to forgive him and love him, there's a chance he can return to the world of the living. But he stood Lily up on their wedding day. Can he find her, get her forgiveness and love all in one night? At least it being Halloween means dead Hugh can roam our world without everyone flipping out at his appearance. An enjoyable quest for love with some twists and turns you don't expect. Very enjoyable!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorite books - ever!, February 21, 2013
I originally bought this book as an inexpensive kindle download, thinking it would be a fun read for Halloween. I wasn't expecting it to be so different and funny. It was the most unique and beautiful love story I have ever read. I loved the characters , especially the ending....although the middle had me laughing out loud literally....okay I won't spoil it for you. But I loved it so much that I immediately bought the "real" book when I read the last page and had to write to the author on Facebook and Twitter to tell him how much I enjoyed it. It was THAT good!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love really does conquer all, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
Hugh and Lily, torn apart by a freak car accident, are given one more chance at a life together. But will Hugh have the fortitude to literally keep himself together for one night? Or will the Reapers win and drag him to a death worse than death? Will Lily go through with marrying Steve? Will Morton ever find happiness again? And will the little boy in the Boba Fett costume have a complex about scary screams he hears every Halloween?

2.0 out of 5 stars It was free, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
This was what I've come to expect from many of the free items for Kindle. It had a good start, but I found it to be boring and a little cliched. I liked the ending though, and I wish the rest of the story beforehand had been as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
The title caught my attention from the start. As I got into the story, I found myself truly invested in the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical story!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
LOVED this book. It's quirky in it's own ways considering it's not your typical Halloween or love story. Some parts got to be a little bit slow, but overall, great story!

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, funny, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Halloween Is For Lovers (Kindle Edition)
This isn't typically the sort of book I read, but I was up for a change. This story was a pleasant surprise--often humorous, dark and morose, and truly a unique take on love and death. Give it a try, you may find you like it!

Halloween Is For Lovers