Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A decade ago, he butchered 16 people trying to get to his sister. He was shot and incinerated, but still the entity that Dr. Sam Loomis (the legendary Donald Pleasence) calls ''Evil on two legs'' would not die. Tonight, Michael Myers has come home again…to kill! This time, Michael returns to Haddonfield for Jamie Lloyd (Danielle Harris of HALLOWEEN 5 and THE LAST BOYSCOUT) -- the orphaned daughter of Laurie Strode -- and her babysitter Rachel (Ellie Cornell of HALLOWEEN 5 and HOUSE OF THE DEAD). Can Loomis stop Michael before the unholy slaughter reaches his innocent young niece?Michael Pataki, Sasha Jenson and Kathleen Kinmont co-star in this smash sequel that marked the long-awaited return to the original storyline and remains infamous for its startling twist ending and graphic violence.
• Audio Commentary with Actors Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris
• HALLOWEEN 4/5 Discussion Panel
• Theatrical Trailer
Top Customer Reviews
Surprisingly, this movie is not altogether that graphic. We rarely get to see the actual coup de grace of each killing (and in a couple of cases we don't even see the actual murder), and even the remains of the slain never exhibit much blood loss. Of course, Michael uses a variety of means (including his bare hands) to murder his victims here.Read more ›
Some of my favorite scenes:
- Myers & Loomis - Gas Station scene. Awesome scene that really picks up when Loomis sees and talks to Myers.
- Myers getting his mask from the costume store where Jamie was getting hers. It's just a hand grabbing the Myers mask. That's what's cool about it IMO.
- Myers stalking Rachel while she looks for Jamie, who got lost while trick or treating.
- The construction worker's death.
- Brady's death. I liked him. And I give him credit for being brave enough to tell Rachel to, "Get up there." while he took on Myers by himself. He did his best to no avail. I don;t like that Brady died. It was how Michael survived his attacks & the way he killed him that I liked. Instead of waiting for him to walk up the stairs, he should have went with Rachael & Jamie because even if he did end up dying, he would've survived longer at least. Maybe enough to help them get off the roof and running away. Wish he didn't die though. That's the problem with horror films. Usually at some point or another, the cool people die.
- Deaths of the drunk people who try to get Rachel & Jamie to safety.
- Rachel running down Michael with the truck. He just stood there still and took it. So badass!
- Michael being shot by the cops multiple times before finally falling through a mine shaft. It took countless shots from all the cops who were there for him to finally fall.Read more ›
First, "Halloween 4" stays with a simple, chilling story like the original "Halloween" but does not completely copy the film. It is hard for sequels to not stray too far from the series basics or not to just completely rewrite the original. Many series, such as "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Friday the 13th", and "A Nightmare on Elm Street" tend to get repetative with their many sequels. "Halloween" however finds something new to add into the mix. Here, in "Halloween 4", the babysitter's nightmare comes true again. It's been ten years since Michael Myers killed 16 people until finally being stopped by Dr. Sam Loomis (Donald Pleasance). Myers and Loomis were both burned nearly to death, but they both lived, with Loomis gaining a limp and Myers being put into a coma. In those ten years, Lourie Strode has died with her husband Jimmy (from "Halloween II") in a car accident and left their daughter, Jamie (Danielle Harris) behind.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was the last good Halloween sequel until Rob Zombie`s acquired taste reboots. It sucks that the other sequels are so embarrassingly awful but on the plus side its crazy how it... Read morePublished 12 days ago by Eric Wenzel
As a fan of the Halloween series, I must say that this is one of my least-favorite installments. I still have it though, as I really like having the complete collection.Published 18 days ago by Ashley Drewett
Probably my second fav Halloween movie behind the first one. And the this is the last scary one in my opinion.Published 21 days ago by Kevin
The whole thing with Michael and Jamie is the best Halloween 4 and Halloween 5 tbh are by far in my opinion the best two Halloween movies made!! Read morePublished 1 month ago by justin grimm