Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Halo 3 - Xbox 360 forum

Halo 3 sucks!!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2007 3:53:43 PM PDT
It was disapointing unless all you want to do is play online multiplayer it was way too easy even on legendary, It DOES NOT look that great its a shiny xbox 1 quality and nothing about it is that stellar BIOSHOCK is a way better game than halo could ever hope to be.The only people that don't like bioshock are the IDIOT TWEENS that cant live without online multi.Get over it you can do the same thing on 50 other games its not that fun anyways cause all you get are IDIOT TWEENS runing around swearing and calling everyone noobs that word has been dead for a few years now when the kids get kicked out maybe i'll play online again.Halo 3 was and still is all hype.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 1:40:38 AM PDT
You know I just purchased my xbox 360 for halo 3 and it was a great game. I also bought bioshock with it,( witch i'm currently playing now. my goodness, bioshock is a wonderful game, far deeper then halo 3. Hopefully clive barker's jericho will be as good.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 6:45:53 PM PDT
wow dude, calm down

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 12:58:01 AM PDT
Jen says:
you know, the game wasn't perfect, but it definitely doesn't suck. I myself prefer Halo 2, but Halo 3 is still fun. I believe Christian stated it perfectly:

"wow dude, calm down"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2007 11:39:39 AM PDT
NQ says:
You and the guy that made this post are correct in that Bioshock may be a deeper and better single-player game. But there is no multi-player game period in Bioshock. That is a HUGE difference. People were playing Halo 2 until Halo 3 came out (and I'm sure some are still playing Halo 2). You won't be playing Bioshock for anywhere near that long.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2007 9:01:16 PM PDT
NQ, you are absolutely right, about halo 3 multi-player, it's alot of fun. It will be played for years to come. It would be nice if bioshock had multi-player.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2007 10:58:15 AM PDT
G. Cady says:
Check out your local Doctor's office, they might prescribe you with a calming agent and or pill. "Long live the MASTER CHIEF!!". And, "MASTER CHIEF FOR PRESIDENT".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 4:08:16 PM PDT
N. Lopez says:
I just bought Halo 3 for my xbox 360. I never played Halo 1 or 2. I don't see what the big deal about this game is. All you do is walk around and shoot stuff. I don't get how to read the maps and what the giant Jawa dude is there for. I have to say my first impressions are that this game is pretty stupid. I just recently finished rainbow 6 vegas and that was way cooler. The game play was more fun and the objectives were always very clear. I don't get what the big deal about Halo is supposed to be. Can someone explain?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 5:18:09 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2008 12:09:18 AM PST
BreeInAZ says:
yeah... one of the biggest reasons people buy the 360... "gets 'homosexual' after like 4 months..." - so, does that mean the Master Chief and Covenant Commander have an affair together? I just love ignorant 'hate-speak' almost as much as I do ignorant, bigoted reviewers and their uneducated reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2008 7:32:45 PM PST
Spencer Dick says:
I would buy the older games to fill yourself in. They're about ten bucks each. Basically in halo 1 you crash land on a giant ring world called halo. As you progress through the story you figure out that Halo is a superweapon capable of wiping out all sentient life in the galaxy. So there is a group of religious fanatic aliens called the covenant who want to activate halo because they think it will lead them to salvation. On top of that there is also an infectious race called the flood and the flood are able to turn other sentient beings into flood and they spread. So your last option is to blow up halo, killing the flood and the covenant on it. So you blow up halo and that's the end of halo 1.
Halo 2 gets more complicated and I would recommend reading the wikipedia article or simply buying the game. It's a fun series of games, but I know how you must feel not knowing what's going on and all. I felt the same way when I first played a halo game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 11:37:17 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 16, 2009 10:03:21 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2008 8:06:59 AM PST
Lol, what a pointless post, Halo 3's multiplayer still rocks and will be around for the next 2 years at least, there isn't one multiplayer game out that can compre to the sophistication of Halo 3's matchmaking or the ease of finding players, later noobs.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2008 3:10:05 PM PST
Justin C. says:
Halo 3 is lame. Everybody knows it, even Bungie.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2008 10:41:32 PM PST
N. Lopez says:
I heard more or less the same thing from other people I talked to about the game. "You have to play the first two games to get it." Well that seems like a pretty lame excuse for the game to me. If it doesn't work as a stand alone game, it shouldn't be rated nearly as highly as it is. And if that's the case, I feel I need to point out that a good book or a movie in a series should still stand well on its own. I sold the game on the AMZN Marketplace. I should have listened to the mantra of Public Enemy - "Don't Believe The Hype!" Halo surely has to be the most overrated game in history.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 4:33:49 AM PST
BreeInAZ says:
It is number THREE...a SEQUEL. DUH! What a stupid post. I suppose you are one of those same people who complained about seeing "Return Of The Jedi" when it first came out without seeing either of the first two "Star Wars" movies (ep. IV & V) saying how nothing made sense. I'm suddenly reminded of how I continually underestimate the ignorance of the American consumer and your reference to Public Enema only validates that assertion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 9:54:55 AM PST
N. Lopez says:
That is my point. Return of the Jedi works as a stand alone movie and you would want to see the other movies in the series after watching it. Halo 3 was absolutely retarded and everyone I asked about it said you had to play the first two games to enjoy the third. Well if that's the case, then that is a rip off to the consumer. MS and Bungie should be ashamed. The game was some kind of corny D&D Sci Fi fantasy that was boring as hell. Don't ever diss Public Enemy. Flavor Flav and the S1Ws will destroy your corny gamer a$$.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 3:25:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2008 3:49:16 PM PST
BreeInAZ says:
Uhm... hello... ROTJ does NOT work as a stand-alone movie. In fact, since you are obviously too young to remember its debut or were probably not even yet alive, following all the hype of the closing of the Star Wars trilogy, SEVERAL people (including a few 'critics') who missed either ESB (V) or ANH (IV) or both (very few people had VCRs and Empire was not yet released to tape at that time), publicly complained as to how none of it made sense and it was too 'disjointed' to be enjoyable. Duh! It was the 3rd act of a Three-Act-Play... imagine grabbing your seat in the third act of an unseen play... you'd be completely lost and find the experience not pleasurable.

Such is your case... blaming this heavily story-oriented game as being retarded is well, 'retarded' in itself - and being the father of a special needs son, I find the use of the 'R-word' as a slur very offensive. Then again, like the rest of the content in your posts, it only goes to further demonstrate your level of maturity - or lack thereof.

P.S. I'm a DJ who actually bought and PLAYED 2LC, NWA, PE (Public Enema is what I call them)and the like (or dislike) - I can 'diss' Chuck D & Flav all I want. I earned that right for enduring their vastly overrated 'music' to do so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 3:41:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2008 3:47:15 PM PST
N. Lopez says:
Well the game was definitely not worth the $$ I paid for it. I feel ripped off and I do feel that it was an overrated piece of dog pile. Those were my genuine feelings after forking over my hard earned $$ for something that was supposed to be the greatest game ever. Nothing you have said has made me change my mind or feel I was wrong. Basically you just resorted to personal insults. And movie tickets for Return of the Jedi only cost around $3 when it came out. Halo 3 costs around $60. For that amount of money you should be able to play it and enjoy it without having to have played the other two games. Sorry you disagree. Money doesn't grow on trees.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 4:06:56 PM PST
BreeInAZ says:
Tickets to the ORIGINAL "Star Wars" in 1977 were $4.50 - "Jedi" tix were around six bucks if I recall. A Public Enema CD is around 18 bucks and was about 14-16 bucks when they debuted nearly two decades ago - three of their trash-you-call-music albums would buy Halo 3 outright. Besides, anyone can pick up H3 for around 2/3 of retail these days... I just got the Limited Ed. for only $43 still sealed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 4:10:17 PM PST
Aaron J. M. says:
Dude, Halo 3 and Bioshock are BOTH great games. Yes, Bioshock has a better campaign and story but the multiplayer for Halo 3 is really fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2008 4:58:21 AM PST
nnarum23 says:
You guys do realize this is over a year old.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2008 10:42:08 AM PST
BreeInAZ says:
LOL - I do now. Thanks. Wow... check it out... N. Lopez resurrected this thread exactly one year and one day after the last post... WEIRD.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2009 2:32:27 PM PDT
E. Diaz says:
Wow..your entire post was a wall of stupid text.Good job, you rambling imbecile..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2009 11:51:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2009 11:54:40 AM PDT
Alec says:
Interesting Marc, really well thought out post. I wouldn't have agreed with you at first, but since you put so many things I'd have to agree with you. Your post pretty much says you hate tweens (implying you're in the 14-16 age range), you hate Halo because it isn't Bioshock (great game) and that you aren't good at multiplayer. Awesome game, terrible 'review'. Oh and I just saw the posts about how people did not get the game. First off stands pretty well on its own without having to play the other games. Second, why should people who enjoy the entire series have to go through a recap of the last two games because you're just now hopping on board? Oh and Jedi would make zero sense if you never saw the other two movies.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 3 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3 - Xbox 360
Halo 3 - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,024)