- International Shipping: This title can be shipped to select countries outside the U.S. Explore the Software Available for International Shipping Store for a complete selection of software and games as well as shipping details.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Halo: Combat Evolved - PC
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Genre: First Person Shooter
- Platform: PC
- License Type: Complete Product
- License Pricing: Standard
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
It's this smart AI system that makes for a noticeably unique gameplay feel. Another very nice feature is the seamless transition into vehicular elements. As you venture through mission objectives, a variety of enemy flyers and on-ground buggies are yours for the taking. Come across a vehicle and the camera will pull back to a third-person view as you strap in and motor through crossfire. A co-op mode allows a friend to join you in the single-player missions. For chaotic fighting action, up to four players can duel in split-screen deathmatch mode or link systems for LAN play. However you choose to hero your way through Halo: Combat Evolved, the action should break in your new Xbox in explosive style. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are five reasons why Halo is a great game:
1. Weapon balance - every weapon in the game is useful, and none are overpowered. Every weapon has at least one advantage, and one disadvantage. The pistol is accurate at long range, which gives it an advantage over the assault rifle, which is lethal, but only at a short range. The plasma rifle is good for taking down shields, but can't hold much ammo, and the rocket launcher is very powerful, but also slow to reload. You can only carry two weapons, but you will frequently find yourself changing them out for various situations. The fact that all of them are useful gives you all sorts of ways to fight differently.
2. Fantastic AI. The aliens in the game (called "The Covenant") give you some very smart enemies to fight. They will use cover to let their shields regenerate and if you are trying to run them over in a vehicle, they will dive out of the way. They will also use grenades sometimes to flush you out, as well as try to rush you and/or outflank you. Sometimes they will jump onto nearby turrets or vehicles.Read more ›
I thought the graphics were great, especially the outdoor scenes. I found myself wandering off from a few fire fights just to take in the view. The first set of enemies you fight, the Covenant, were unique and funny (at least the short ones were). They are pretty smart, and like to sneak up on you, lob grenades at your feet when you're not watching, etc. But the short ones also like to run away screaming in terror from time to time. The difficulty level of the game ramps up evenly as you move forward. Although I had to replay most levels several times to move on, I never had to go to the internet to find the "right" solution, although I was close to doing that a couple of times.
I liked that there weren't a lot of secret areas to find and puzzles to solve. There were a few tricky spots where you had to figure something out, but the solutions were usually obvious even to me, and I'm really bad at puzzles. And the tricky spots fit into the game--I never felt like I was being asked to solve an arbitrary puzzle just because the game designer liked puzzles.
Being able to drive/fly vehicles was a nice addition. I especially enjoyed driving the Warhog and the tank. The controls for those vehicles were intuitive and were pretty much the same as what you use to move around on foot.
I also liked the way player health was handled.Read more ›
So Master Chief is on a warship called the "Pillar of Autumn", escaping the destruction of Reach. The Covenant (aliens) follow that ship and then they find a mysterious ring-world called "Halo".The humans abandon ship and crash-land on Halo.
I'm not going to go much further into the plot. (I don't want to spoil it for you, it's actually kind of good)
You get a assortment of weapons ranging from the standard Assault Rife, to the overpowered Pistol, to the Covenant plasma pistol. The controls here are just the same as about any other PC shooter.
There's one thing that stands out in the gameplay a lot, apart from the vechicles you can drive; You can only hold two weapons at once. I think that this adds realism to the game. I remember playing Medal of Honor games and the main character can hold a shotgun, a rocket launcher, pistol, sniper, and a machine gun all at once. Unrealistic!
I really like the multiplayer except for two things; One is the laggyness. Do not try to play online unless you have a good cable connection and you are playing with only people with cable. Dial up sucks really bad for this game.
Second, is the enormous amount of losers online. They kill their teammates and scream four letter words at people for no reason.But still, there are a lot of nice people too. I just wish there was some way to kick people out of your game.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Silly features such as health modules you have to search for make this version distracting. Halo 2 made tremendous improvements in play-ability. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Gerald B. Boyette
Coupled with the free mod-friendly Halo Custom Edition, this is probably my favorite game of all time.Published 26 days ago by Kevin
I have owned it for a few years now and I have not been back to it for over a year now, but I like single play games for PC and it was fun and I will play it again. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Donald
I have loved this game series since I saw it back in 2005. After I heard that Halo had been released for the PC, I bought it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tim Coffey
This game would not run on my Windows 7 computer. It insists that I need administrator privileges, which I have. Tech support is nonexistent. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Charles Gilbert
This is the title that started it all. Very engaging campaign and story line.Published 2 months ago by Michael
It works well on Windows 7/8 but you have to download a patch, don't use the PC gamer website. It installs without a problem but you need to install the first link on this website... Read morePublished 2 months ago by James