Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
Does its job. See my tip on perfect application
on February 22, 2013
The items arrived quickly (within a week), and the cover fits the iPod Touch 5th generation perfectly.
The best way to apply these types of screen protectors is to follow this procedure:
1. Open the package.
2. Clean your hands and fingers afterwards. You may have caught some paper particles onto your fingers while opening the package.
3. Ensure the area is free of dust.
4. Thoroughly clean your screen with the included microfiber, and blow out any dust with a can of compressed air.
5. First, remove the film (as labeled) on one side, and slowly align it over the holes.
6. As you lower the rest of the film, smooth out any air bubbles with your finger in a horizontal motion.
7. If you see any dust particles or small bubbles, lift up that part of the film, take a piece of tape, and use it to remove the dust particle from the protector.
8. Keep repeating Steps 6 and 7.
9. After the protector is fully applied, remove the top film, as labeled.
10. If you still see dust particles somewhere, take another piece of tape and place it on top of the protector. Use this tape to slowly lift up the protector at the spot where the dust is at. Again, use another piece of tape to lift the dust off the protector. Repeat until satisfied.
I repeated the last step (10) about three times before my protector was finally perfectly on the iPod Touch. Absolutely no dust particles or little bubbles can be found!
The protector does its job of keeping the screen scratch free, but it also is a bit on the frosted side (it's matted), diminishing some of the beautiful brightness of the iPod. On the other hand, the matted finish helps prevent glare.