Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Halo Screen Protector Film Clear Matte (Anti-Glare) for Apple iPod Touch 5 5G 5th Generation (3-Pack) with Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

The items arrived quickly (within a week), and the cover fits the iPod Touch 5th generation perfectly.

The best way to apply these types of screen protectors is to follow this procedure:

1. Open the package.
2. Clean your hands and fingers afterwards. You may have caught some paper particles onto your fingers while opening the package.
3. Ensure the area is free of dust.
4. Thoroughly clean your screen with the included microfiber, and blow out any dust with a can of compressed air.
5. First, remove the film (as labeled) on one side, and slowly align it over the holes.
6. As you lower the rest of the film, smooth out any air bubbles with your finger in a horizontal motion.
7. If you see any dust particles or small bubbles, lift up that part of the film, take a piece of tape, and use it to remove the dust particle from the protector.
8. Keep repeating Steps 6 and 7.
9. After the protector is fully applied, remove the top film, as labeled.
10. If you still see dust particles somewhere, take another piece of tape and place it on top of the protector. Use this tape to slowly lift up the protector at the spot where the dust is at. Again, use another piece of tape to lift the dust off the protector. Repeat until satisfied.

I repeated the last step (10) about three times before my protector was finally perfectly on the iPod Touch. Absolutely no dust particles or little bubbles can be found!

The protector does its job of keeping the screen scratch free, but it also is a bit on the frosted side (it's matted), diminishing some of the beautiful brightness of the iPod. On the other hand, the matted finish helps prevent glare.
on January 10, 2013
After watching the instructional video online, I applied this screen protector to my new itouch 5. I love the way it looks and feels. If you have a brand new ipod, I would not recommend using the "micro fiber cleaning cloth" that the package includes because it makes the screen even dustier. The application process is simple but it was difficult for me to align the sheet with the edges of the ipod/screen and the button and camera hole. Thankfully, the package includes three screen protectors. My first attempt was fine, but as a perfectionist, a tiny dust particle really bothered me, so I removed it and tried again. My second attempt was even worse, so I ended up using all three sheets. The product is great, but I am not satisfied with my application of it. I can still see a little dust underneath the screen protector when the screen is completely black. But when the ipod is on, it looks fantastic. If you are not a critical, neurotic freak like me, I am sure none of these things will bother you. I am just frustrated with myself for not getting the application 100% perfect! The screen protector itself is awesome so far!
on December 19, 2012
I just received the Halo screen saver and it works perfectly for the Touch. The smoke finish looks great and the no fingerprints is right on. The installation was very easy and the instructions very clear. I do not have any bubbles on the device and am very pleased with the quality of the product.
on April 10, 2013
If you use your iPod outdoors a lot then this 'anti-glare' screen protector is for you. In my case I use it indoors, so the glare is not really an issue. The film was easy to apply, but the matte finish totally takes away the clear crisp look of the Retina display. If you are used to the original clear look of the iPod screen, then you might not be able to bare the smudged look you get from the matte film. In addition, the film has this strange feel that is totally different from the smooth feel you get before applying it. So it looks bad and it feels weird! Other than that, a good product!
on June 3, 2016
The screen protects the main screen, but this scratches way too easily. That's probably why they give you multiple. The screen protector also made it a little hard to see the screen under sunlight without bringing the brightness up. I would not recommend.
on July 24, 2015
Great Product. I have used it for close to 2 years now. This screen protector feels like the screen itself and never comes in the way. In the mean time, I have dropped the phone multiple times, etc... Recently, by accident I cut the surface of the phone! I was cutting bread on the counter space over a plastic bag and didn't realize the phone was under the plastic bag, facing up. The phone got a deep cut about 0.8", but it was this screen protector that took the hit. Not even a tiny scratch on the actual phone screen! Impressive. I've just replaced the screen protector with a new one (since with the cut was obscuring the view of the screen). The phone looks brand new with no scratches anywhere (due to this screen protector, coupled with the case that I use for the body of the phone). Also, follow the instructions that come with the protector film to put it on. I just did that and the fit was so perfect that I couldn't tell there is a protector - no bubbles, nothing.
on January 10, 2014
First, let me say that my family owns two 5th gen iPod touches, one 4th gen iPod touch and a 1st gen iPad Mini. I have tried both the clear and the matte screen protectors on all four devices. As far as brands go, this is one is not too bad, but there are better brands out there. Tech Armor is one of the best. There are still problems getting these screen protectors on without bubbles and especially little micro fibers getting underneath during the process. This is not the manufacturers fault but it is still irritating. I usually end up using two to three screen protectors each time before I can get them right, and obviously I have done this a few times. There videos are great, but you still have to do it a few times before you can get it right.

Now on to the actual product review. Like I said, I have tried both the clear and the matte finishes on both the 5th gen iPod touch with retina and the 1st gen iPad Mini without retina. The clear screen protectors give you the best picture, but picks up fingerprints and glare just as bad as the screen without anything. The matte screen protector does a good job against glare, but it does mess with the retina display pretty bad, and is still not all that great even without the retina. Also, the matte does not pick up fingerprints, but what is does is it gets cloudy from the skin off your fingers which can end up making your screen look cloudy, and it is tougher to wipe off than the clear screen protectors.

Overall, in my opinion, they are both decent products, but not great as they both have their shortcomings. I think maybe what I will try next is the Ballistic Glass that Tech Armor offers. Unfortunately it is much more expensive, like $30 each instead of $7 for three. Maybe some time in the future I will splurge. I still think Tech Armor is among the best out there though. Halo comes in a close second in my opinion.
on October 5, 2013
The title says most of the story. I was attemting to apply this, and I read the instructions thoroughly, and I removed the "Step 1" sheet, which protects the sticky back. It says in the instructions to remove the "Step 2" sheet after application, even though on the actual sheet sticker, it says before. So I tried again, without success, and had to re-do it again. So I decided to follow the sticker's orders of before applying. So I did so and it actually worked better. But to my dismay, the screen quality significantly downgraded. Most people who purchase matte screen protectors do so because they hate what fingerprints do to the screen (my reason). Fingerprints make the screen oddly pixelated and strains the eyes. This screen protector does the exact same thing. Every other matte screen protector does this, but is just barely noticable. With these it is extremely noticeable and distracting, as well as hard on the eyes. I really, really mind it. I loathe what fingerprints do to screen quality. I don't know, some people don't seem to mind but I really do. If you hate this too, invest in some other screen protector. It is cheap, but for a reason.
UPDATE: I have been using one of these screen protectors for a couple of weeks now. The anti-fingerprint part of the protector stopped working and worn off. Not a good product, go spend money on a better more reliable screen protector.
on August 6, 2015
Definitely a good screen protector, helps prevent dust from getting to the screen. The screen protectors are a little bit smaller than the entire screen though, so you'll need to wipe down the dust from the edges of the screen every now and then. I've put in these screen protectors for each of my sibling's itouches, and I've had success on 2/5 of them for the first time.
on December 9, 2014
Very easy to apply. I have always had clear ones before, but had problems with viewing the screens outside. This cuts the glare nicely, but does give more of a slightly grainy matte finish to the screen. Guess it is a trade off. Anyway, good product and good company.

See 1 answered question