4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, no regrets.
Fits well, dry application, and no air bubbles - if you're careful, of course. I used an air can to make sure there's no dirt on the screen. Application was easy. It didn't lower the display quality in any way.

Published on January 13, 2012 by metrathon

I wish I'd read more of the 2 star reviews here before buying this product.

Published on May 1, 2012 by Kendrick Vargas

3.0 out of 5 stars Product itself is... ok... I guess. Wish "matte" was in the description, May 1, 2012
Kendrick Vargas (Miami Lakes, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halo Screen Protector Film Invisible (Clear) for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 (3-Pack) - Premium Japanese Screen Protectors (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I wish I'd read more of the 2 star reviews here before buying this product.

What you won't see in the description of the product is that it has a matte finish. This creates a weird glare on the screen, so much so that I'd hate to take it out on a sunny day. And It also softens and adds a weird micro-graininess to the screen quality a bit. If you bought this it's because you bought a phone with a 720p SAMOLED screen. I don't know who in their right mind puts out a product that makes the images on the screen duller. "Wow, that picture is TOO nice... we need to fix that!" ... Yeah... I don't get it.

It really is kind of sad when you see the beautiful gloss of the Piano Black screen peaking through around the speaker grill and camera cutout. There was a time I thought that the nice matte finish screen protector which my friend had on his iPhone would've been totally cool to have. That time is well past.

As for the quality itself, it isn't bad. As with all static-cling screen protectors, dust in the air is your enemy. Tip: Turn off your A/C, fans, etc.... practice slow breathing, but the most helpful item in your arsenal: a can of compressed air. Also, practice the placement before your first real attempt. Luckily you get three tries here, I did it in 2. If you mess up your first one, don't throw it away immediately, take the opportunity to figure out what the perfect placement is with the now-doomed protector. Finally, one thing I've learned: If you get it down where it's pretty nice but needs a slight tweak? Quit while you're ahead, you'll never get one of these things down perfectly. It's like hitting the lotto.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, no regrets., January 13, 2012

The only drawback: it's a finger print/grease magnet - much more so than the actual screen - and it's harder to clean up. However this is not a deal breaker for me, especially for the price I've paid.

Great value overall, no regrets, I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, December 28, 2011
I ordered this screen protector for my galaxy nexus after purchasing and being completely unsatisfied with the screen protector I purchased from Verizon. This screen protector is excellent! Pretty easy to put on. There is no solution or water involved (which in reviewing some other options made me nervous). And,unlike the screen protector from Verizon, its absolutely clear! Colors are vivid and there is no grainy rainbow effect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great price, mediocre product, April 26, 2012
This screen cover has a matte finish, which feels weird to the touch, attracts grease and fingerprints, and muddles the picture quality a bit. For me, that's not worth the protection it offers.

If you're just looking for something to protect your screen, this is one of the cheapest options. But if you still want your phone to look and feel nice, go for something a little higher quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Read before you buy, April 23, 2012
I made the mistake of just glancing over the reviews. I completely missed that these have a mat finish. My own fault but make sure you pay attention. These were some of the more difficult screen protectors to put on. I had difficulty aligning the cut out with the speaker and camera and the entire screen was out of line. I ended up using all three trying to get it right. They should of had the peel off tab at the bottom were it would be easier to match up with the phone screen. Oh well, live and learn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, January 21, 2012
Trey Smith (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is much better than the other protector I tried for my Galaxy Nexus. It is extremely clear and does not interfere with swiping, etc. I'd buy it again, and in fact I'm going to buy the Halo for my son's Droid Bionic (if they have a version for it).
That said:
I messed up the first attempt with this protector. Too much lint and dust. I wish there was a way for these to be manufactured with a less-staticky plastic. I have a clean house and no pets, but as soon as you peel the "step 1" layer off, you can hear the crackle of static and the thing turns into a dust magnet. This is not a problem specific to the Halo. Have a roll of tape handy and start quickly dabbing the dust particles off. It's tricky and frustrating, but this protector will look great once you get it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector!, January 4, 2012
This screen protector went on smoothly and is much less annoying and smeary than the one I got when I got the phone. I used the lint free cloth to clean the screen, and compressed air to get it as dust-free as possible before applying the protector- the dust speck I ended up with is far enough up that it doesn't interfere with viewing things onscreen, and the screen protector itself is very clear and doesn't show fingerprints as badly or give images that rainbow look. I just installed it, so I can't speak to durability- but the Verizon screen protector somehow got a serious ding in the middle of the screen less than two weeks in(with careful handling, no less), so hopefully this can beat that record.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small, September 7, 2012
Keith Beardmore (Santa Fe, NM United States) - See all my reviews
Should be about 3mm wider and 6mm longer to reach the edges of the screen. I have an Incipio Silicrylic case Incipio SA-204 Samsung Galaxy Nexus SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black and there is a gap between the protector and the case at the top and bottom of the screen. Should have remembered the brand of the protector that came with the case - that fit perfectly. Easy enough to install if you follow the instructions AND have a can of compressed air. Bit of a grease magnet though.

3.0 out of 5 stars not so clear, April 8, 2012
The screen protector is just ok, it is very visable , my other ones you would have to really try to see if something was covering the screen , it also mutes out the colors of whats on the screen because its not perfectly clear .

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, April 7, 2012
This protector has a matt finish. Not too hard to apply. Expected a little better for the money. The little cleaning cloth provided left more lint than it took off. I've had better for cheaper. Sorry.

Rate and Discover Movies