5.0 out of 5 stars New World, New Sound = Great Music

Published 1 month ago by Dillon Valderemao

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars New World, New Sound = Great Music, July 24, 2009
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Just like other reviewers, this isn't exactly what I expected (actually I didn't know what to expect) but by no means is that a bad thing in this case. With a title like Halo Wars, not to mention the hype and previews behind it before it came out, one might expect an epic blast of war scores reminiscent of Halo 3. However, that's not the case here. The fact is that this is a drastically different sounding score due to two main factors: Bungie's Martin O'Donell wasn't behind this game's production, and its a strategy game, not a FPS.

Personally, I am more partial to liking softer, more ambient music that comes from soundtracks, and being that this is a strategy game, there are a lot of moments where action is slow and you are building things and exploring the stage rather then fighting hordes of Covenant, so the music is appropriate. The sound created has a kind of mystical sci-fi feel, which fits the story of Halo and sets the mood very well. Also, while being noticeably different from the previous Halo music, Halo Wars still holds true to some of the original themes, and incorporates them well into the newer music perfectly. The handful of action themes that are in here are pretty good for the most, although some are skippable.

I highly recommend this soundtrack for anyone who enjoys score music, or at the very least those who are fans of Halo. Regardless of what you enjoy this is good music, and its definitely a good buy, especially given the number of tracks. I love it,

4.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack is a ride, March 20, 2009
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Not a soundtrack made by the famous Halo man himself, O' Donnell, but Rippy does a good job with capturing the halo sound. I liked this soundtrack a lot and as you listen to it you'll think back to each mission as the soundtrack follows suite sequentially. The song at the end of the game's credits is my favorite, Insignificantia (All Sloppy/No Joe). Before I bought this I captured the song using my computer's sound card but I really wanted to have a legal physical copy. Fingerprints Are Broken and Money or Meteors follow suite as second and third favorites. This is a good soundtrack to have in your game music collection or if you like the Halo universe you'll probably want to compliment this with your Halo collection. I recommend for game music and halo fans either or.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halo Wars OST, March 19, 2009
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful composition of Steven Rippy's finest work. It contains Military Ensembles, rework Halo Themes, with a futuristic background music. Expect the songs from the cinematics within the games, to the all the different songs heard during the game.

I find the music to be jumping all over the place however, from a calm and soothing ambient music, to all out warfare, within the same 3 minute song. Other than that, it's a great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars My second favorite Halo Soundtrack, May 27, 2010
When I bought Halo Wars the first thing that caught my attention was the beautiful music. I bought this and I must say this soundtrack is amazing. It's my second favorite Halo Soundtrack, my first being Halo 3 ODST's soundtrack. If you like that soundtrack then I highly suggest getting this one. Some of the songs are short but there are 25 songs. Get this album if you are a Halo fan or if you like this kind of music, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! as good as the original Trilogy... in a different way., January 23, 2010
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Ok, i first thought it might not be as good as the others. I was wrong, it is really good, but it is diffrent. I felt it had less peek heroism moments, but at the same time better music in general. The other Halo OSTs are really good, but at some point they get repetitive or shallow...hard to explain, but if youve heard them, youll know. This one doesnt have that much of that. I dont think they got the Original signature that Marty produced, wich I love, but they've achived to enter the halo Universe with something really good and a bit diffrent.

I do recommend the product if you like the other ost, it completes the Halo ost series, even if you dont like Halo Wars (i finished the game and never played it again, not a fan of strategy games).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but disappointing, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
I have most of the other Halo soundtracks which are an important part of my soundtrack collection. I was looking forward to this one because the music in the game is so appealing. I have to admit, though that this soundtrack is a little disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the music is good, and very close to the game but it just doesn't bring the game to life like it should and the other soundtracks do. I don't know whether the themes are too underplayed or that there seems to be too much 'quiet time' but it didn't draw me in like I was expecting. I'm glad a bought it but it's not on my favourites list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and calm listening, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
This soundtrack compared to the other halo's definitively has its differences, but for the better in my opinion. While in the quickly changing FPS Martin O' Donnell composed, Rippy allows for much more laid back background music which can by harmonizing and delightful when you just want to relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
all the soundtracks are amazing whether you're a fan of halo, not a fan, or just like music. definitely worth snag especially as a collector

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
i love soundtracks from movies and games. halo is my favorite video game and i just had to have the soundtrack from it. im so glad i bought it. it was from amazon prime, for to me in 2 days, and was affordable. all and all, im a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great soundtrack, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. (Audio CD)
All the kids love halo, and they even like to listen to the softer pieces overnight while they are sleeping.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa1c08a14)

Halo Wars / Game O.S.T.
Halo Wars / Game O.S.T. by Stephen Rippy (Audio CD - 2009)