5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginner and advanced players
If you like playing halo wars but are frustrated with it, get this guide and you will be playing halo wars A LOT! I love it.

Published on May 14, 2009 by Tanya Sigman

1.0 out of 5 stars I do not know who ordered this on my Amazon account
I think maybe my grandson ordered this without my knowing it or maybe my son. I am not into this so it was not me. I put one star because I absolutely do not like video games as I think they are dangerous for our family members.
Published 11 months ago by Shelva B. Christian

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginner and advanced players, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Halo Wars: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) (Paperback)

The first section of the book deals with the basics. Things like how the different units work, what units work good against and what unit slaughters them. It also goes over some base building tactics and also some styles of play/tactics. Also in this section is some information about how the game's AI works when you play against the AI.

The second section deals with explaining all the buildings and units in the game, as well as the leaders. Each section for a unit has a rating for it based on hitpoints, damaged caused and movement as well as a few paragraphs of tactical tips for the unit.

Section three deals with the campaign part of the game. Each mission has it's own map with points of interest as well as a walkthrough with waypoints on the map. It shows where the skulls and black boxes are and gives tips on how to get them as well as each missions individual achievement. There are also tips on getting through the mission on the legendary setting.

The last section that deals with playing is based on the multi-player maps. Each multi-player map in the game is shown with points of interest as well as some tactical tips.

I highly recommend this guide as it will make the game much funner and you will end up being a much better player.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this game guide to win big!, April 8, 2010
B. Saulsgiver "armor buff" (Apple Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
If you play Halo Wars you already know how intuitive and easy the controller setup is for this fast paced game is. The maps are all detailed in this guide along with the locales of all skulls and black boxes. I found the mission details invaluable in planning out my pre-mission strategies against the Covenent and the Flood on all 15 missions. The game guide also contains a section on concept art. While this section does not help you win any missions it gives you a good look at the work and detail that went into the game itself. All in all a good guide to get if you want to add some bite to your game.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only guide i have used ever, August 13, 2012
I'm a big halo fan, but to be honest a fan for the shooter games. Halo wars doesn't get on that category so I bought the game mostly because it was from halo. Started playing and i found that there are some parts of the game that were kind of hard to pass so for the first time i used a guide! I can honestly tell you this guide is really helpful on those hard parts. Very detailed and good adviser. I bought it just for collection and ended up using it a lot. Would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 13, 2014
it was good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great full featured guide, November 8, 2013
Got this for next to nothing on sale. I figured the game would not need one so didn't buy it on day one. When I did get around to playing the game I found out a guide would be pretty handy. Turns out I was right. this book is filled with info that helps you play better or get unstuck from a situation in a map. Worth what I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great condition, quick shipping., May 27, 2013
Book was in wonderful condition lil bit of shelf wear on the edges but that was it. I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide, March 3, 2013
Mentat (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
Prima's Halo Wars guide is an informative well written manual. Was having unhappy times with Halo Wars (shooters background), so after struggling a bit with it, decided to order guide on Amazon. It arrived quickly and has proven valuable when beating this game. Think knowing how AI "thinks" is crucial to completing achievements/winning battles in Halo Wars and that's where this guide has proven itself to me.

Illustrations and maps are very nice. Item locations, enemy description/behavior are accurate. Steps from building your stations to timelines and war tactics are all clearly explained for both solo and COOP gameplay to include Legendary level missions. Although I prefer to learn from gameplay when beating shooters; in the case of Halo Wars think the Prima's guide is well worth it's cost and can highly recommended it.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than what I expected, January 2, 2013
When I bought this book, I had my concerns when I bought it as used, I never expected something as good as what I got. The seller supassed my expectation and so did this item. It helped me pass one level I which I had tried to pass a lot of times. It was really awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and clear guide., December 10, 2012
This is one of the best RTS guides I have ever read. Not only does it give a detailed plan of action for getting through each mission, it also gives you the info you need to go your own way. Unlike some other guides, the writer was concise and writes very clearly, without it seeming too clinical. It was clear that the writer actually played the game, rather than working off of someone's notes. If you want to go through this game on a higher difficulty, this guide is a useful tool to get through each drop with minimal casualties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Halo Wars Guide, October 26, 2010
This Guide is very detailed and a great resource for anyone looking to delve deep into the Halo-verse and really take the game to the next level.

Halo Wars: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Halo Wars: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) by David S. J. Hodgson (Paperback - March 3, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.85