Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Halogen Bulb in a FlavorWave Oven Turbo...?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2012 12:00:06 AM PDT
Anyone know how to replace the Halogen Bulb in a FlavorWave Oven Turbo? I love my FlavorWave Oven Turbo & the Halogen Bulb burned out. Can not figure out how to remove the old one & replace it with a new one... Also where can I get a replacement bulb cheap!?!?! Thanks

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 9:28:26 AM PDT
P. J. Benyei says:
It is very easy to replace the bulb if you can do a teeny little bit of electrical work. Problem is, I cant find a replacement anywhere except by contacting the factory directly through alibaba. I'm trying that now but I'm not sure how well it will work. I have an older model, the delux. I can find the bulbs on ebay for the turbo, but its not the same bulb. Make sure its the bulb thats faulty and not the controls.

To replace the bulb. You need a wirestripper, and a screwdriver and some wirenuts or crimp connectors and a pair of gloves. You dont want to touch the new bulb with your bare hands, the oils from your fingers can shorten the life of the bulb. Its super simple. Make sure the unit is unplugged. turn it upside down so the safety grate over the bulb is facing up. remove the screws (mine has 6), and be really careful not to misplace them. I usually will grab a piece of blank paper and a roll of tape. As I remove the screws from each area, I'll tape the set to the paper and make a note- "top of grate" so I know which screws go where and I dont accidentally knock them on the floor. Remove the grate, push the clips back, or unscrew them to free the bulb. I prefer to unsrew them and refasten later, the bulbs are delicate and you dont want to accidentally crack them pushing around the clips. Once the bulb is free, follow the two leads (one from each end) through the metal cover into the plastic housing. Cut them on the inside, close to where they enter the housing so you have plenty of wire left on the inside to connect the leads from the new bulb. Go back to the outside and gently pull the two ends of the bulb out of the rubberized bushing. Now take the new bulb, pass the wire leads through the bushing and push the new bulb ends into place. Replace the clips right away, you dont want your new bulb bouncing around. Pass the two leads back into the housing. Strip about 1/2" of wire from the ends you cut, and the ends of the new bulb. twist together one lead to one of the wires on the inside, then do the other. It doesnt matter which side goes to which wire from the control boards. Halogens work like regular incandescents, it doesnt matter which direction the current passes through. Twist on your wire nuts firmly. Give them a good tug when you are done to make sure they are firmly attached. Screw it all back together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:06:02 AM PST
Hello Benyei.
I am looking for the bulb. Do you know if alibaba sells it, or anyone else, like e-bay or others?
Thanks a lot.

Fernando (Brazil)

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 7:38:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2013 1:32:16 PM PST
Belle Voce says:
I have just requested a quote from Alibaba for 10. Figure I can sell what I don't want to keep. Anyone interested in going in with me on the order? These fit both flavor wave and secura models.

UPDATE - NEVER GOT AN ACTUAL QUOTE FROM ALIBABA. IT REALLY IRRITATES ME THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY NEARLY AS MUCH FOR A BULB, THROUGH EBAY, AS THE WHOLE TOOL COSTS! WHAT A RIP.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 7:15:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2013 7:15:37 PM PST
Hi I'm interested in a bulb, how much was the quote?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 7:42:04 PM PST
Vincent Lin says:
What much will it cost and the shipping cost to 77346?

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 7:07:37 PM PST
I need the same thing. How much?

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:01:29 PM PST
Cristian says:
I need the bulb, how much is the price?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:16:17 AM PST
I´m interested. May i pay you using paypal ? probably i will buy 2 or 3 pieces. Do you already know how much will it be? Thank you.
Fernando (Brazil)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

Search Customer Discussions