5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Dual Monitor stand
I have always wanted to go with dual monitors, but the cost of doing so was prohibitive until now. I picked up a couple 23.5" Asus LCD monitors (a 2011 and a 2012 model), but I needed a really good stand to hold them solidly in place.

I ordered this stand based on other comments about how this stand worked for them.

Having this set up for a day now,...
Published on April 24, 2012 by The WB

I used this instead of the better looking Planar AS2 that we mainly use at our facility. It's currently 50% cheaper.

The base is quite large, and extends toward the user more than other stands I have seen. The stand has more height adjustability than others I've seen.

Published on May 22, 2012 by tela

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Dual Monitor stand, April 24, 2012
The WB (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Halter® Freestanding Dual/Two LCD Monitor Desk Stand Holds Monitors up to 24" Widescreen (Office Product)

Having this set up for a day now, let me share my experiences:

Good:

* The base is very heavy (approx 10 lbs)
* The base is wide (12.25") and deep (13.5") to hold the two monitors steady
* Adjustable monitor height from 4.5" up to just about 18" (at the cross arm mounting bracket onto the upright center pole)
* Dual standard size (75 MM or 100 MM) VESA monitor mounting points
* One person can assemble and mount the monitors with out too much trouble
* I have 2 - 23.5" monitors - I'm able to angle them in together (not much)
* Wire mounting brackets on the arms to secure the power and video cables up off the desk
* Matte black finish
* All tools, hardware and instructions was included with this kit
* Total of 10 minutes to assemble - you don't even need the instructions to do it
* Decent angling allowed for top/bottom angling
* One Allen bolt on the top attachment arm bracket for pole height adjustment
* Foam padded base for no desk damage and creating a non-slip base

Questionable
* The main stand securing bolt on the bottom sticks out below the bottom of the base
* This bolt will mar a wood desk!
* Little individual height adjustment to even out the monitors
* If you use larger monitors, angling inward is very limited

Overall, I really like this set up. Don't let the other reviews telling you of the need for two people to assemble scare you off, you can do it alone, just be careful. I had to pad my desk top with a blanket to mount everything up on a soft, flat surface.

If you want to increase your productivity on a computer and have a couple monitors, I very highly recommend this stand for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid monitor stand, a little industrial looking, and can't use main bolt on desk., May 22, 2012

It is a sturdy stand. I mounted two 22" monitors, and while mounting them, I left one on the stand while I worked on the other, and it stayed just fine.

Overall, it's a good product, maybe not ideal in situations where the back of the monitors are visible, because it's not the best looking stand out there.

Oh, and to clear up any concern over the bolt in the bottom. It is completely optional. It even says that in the limited instructions (really just some diagrams).
You can not use this stand on a desk with the bolt in the bottom and expect it to be flat or not scratch the desk. But without the bolt it operates fine.
What they should have done was give the bottom of the base a recessed area to place the bolt. It seems like a big oversight to not do that, but like I mentioned the bolt is not necessary.

Overall it's a good stand.

EDIT: I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for non-widescreen/smaller monitors. In order to get the monitors close enough together the arms have to be extended toward the user significantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product!, March 6, 2012
This monitor stand is great! Very sturdy and not a cheap product. You can adjust the individual monitors to any angle and you cna pull out one monitor closer and farther. Awesome product - highly recommend for people who have 2 monitors at their desk or work station. We really like the fact that it is portable and does not need to be mounted to the desk. Very handy in our large office where we move desks on a frequent basis. Also very easy to set up onto the monitor back, took about 3-4 minutes and we were ready to get back to work. Held 2 different types of monitors too, very universal. Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent well made and stable dual monitor stand, October 13, 2012
i originally bought one of these and i ended up buying 3 more for my office and home. theses dual stands are very well made and very solid. i bought these so i could have more desk space and they work spectacular. i am able to hold two samsung syncmaster p2250 lcd monitors. please view the pictures i've uploaded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stand with one caveat, April 9, 2012
Pros: For the money this stand is excellent, VERY sturdy, holds the monitors easily and in place. Quality feels like it shoudl cost much more.

Con: With 2 24 inch monitors you cannot angle both towards you, you have to run them flat or put one behind the other in order to angle them both in. This was my only gripe, and to be honest I quickly got used the one behind the other and it leads to a smaller 'black bar' between the 2 screens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid, just give us 2 more inches!, October 18, 2012
It;s a solid monitor stand.... looks great, sturdy... I have no concerns about it performing it's function. I just wish they would have given us two more horizontal inches. My AOC 24's (they're really 23 and some change) bang into eachother and have to sit perfectly flat across the horizontal. There is no give for a little inward pivot unless you overlap one behind the other.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works 50% of the time, August 27, 2012
K. Woodworth (TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have two monitors mounted to this stand, on a Asus 22 Inch monitor that has no issues, the second is a Samsung 2333HD that is two heavy for this stand. the slightest touch will cause the Samsung to lean forward by about 15 degrees. I have looked for a method to tighten the tension on the pivot, but I can not find one, either on the pivot, or online.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stand. EDIT found one problem, December 7, 2012
Much more flexible than those that don't gave moving arms but slide left and right. I highly recommend this product.

EDIT: I found one big issue - the axle that spins the monitors from portrait to landscape orientation is not tention adjustable. It is 'sealed hub' don't know what else to call it. After a week of use it is already loose and. Some times its a problem to position the monitor upright. This will be a big problem if you have heavier monitors. Its a shame since everything else is adjustable and solid.
Dropped 2 stars for this weak point. If you need to rotate your monitors daily look somewhere else or you have to modify this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 26, 2011
Really sturdy and heavy. Holds large monitors too. Had others in mind but glad I got this one. Dual mount capable in desk with cable management holes in them. I would only replace if I decide to go with a triple monitor set up

1.0 out of 5 stars Monitor brackets won't stay up, June 28, 2013
The stand is very heavy duty and solid. But when I put my two monitors on (Vesa) they tilted down and won't stay facing forward.