5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and easy to set up and align
My two biggest concerns when looking for a dual monitor setup were making sure the monitors were level and making sure the monitors were aligned vertically. This product pretty much solved both of those issues!

Published 19 months ago by jamy4us

2.0 out of 5 stars Arms not even
Right arm is 1/2" lower than left arm so monitors do not line up just right but tolerable for the needs here.
Published 12 months ago by Blain L Ross

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and easy to set up and align, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Halter Dual LCD Monitor Stand desk clamp holds up to 27" lcd monitors (Personal Computers)

Leveling monitors: the heads on the stand that mount to the monitor rotate, so it is easy to make sure you monitors are level. This also allows for you to easily switch your monitor from landscape to portrait without removing your monitor.

Aligning monitors: there is not a lot of adjustment here, but it comes down to how stiff the arms are. My fear was the arms sagging if the monitors were extended to their full length. Nope! This stand is beefy! With the arms fully extended, I didn't notice any sagging. My monitors were exactly aligned (off by 1/2"), but I noticed it was because the vertical post was not exactly vertical, which had to do with my desk not being exactly level. Either way, I don't even notice it being off by 1/2".

One con is that the monitors don't sit very flush against the wall (my desk is against the wall), but it was not something I was expecting after looking at all the pictures. It doesn't bother me anyways.

Very happy with this purchase! Especially for the price!

Oh, I have dual ASUS VH242H 24" monitors for those curious.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, April 12, 2013
I was a bit hesitant buying this mainly because of the price. It's quite a bit less expensive than other monitor arms, stands, or mounts. After setting it up, though, I can say it's awesome. It's made simply with thick, sturdy metal. I've got two ASUS 27" monitors on it; the cross-arm is sitting right at the top of the vertical support, giving me about 14" of clearance from the bottom of the monitors to the desk. There is no wobbling and everything stays in place. The rotating parts are very rigid and adjustable. Top-notch product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Monitor Stand, December 30, 2012
I have seen some reviews that said this stand wouldn't hold two 22 inch monitors. Not sure whats up with that, unless they just ordered the wrong stand, or received the wrong stand.

I have two of these stands and they are very nice. In one setup i have a 23 and 20 inch monitor. In the other I have a 24 and 22 inch monitor.

Installation is very simple per included instructions. If any of the monitors are "dropping" or moving, tighten the bolt with the given allan wrench. There are tightening bolts at every knuckle. Nothing could be easier. The hardware kit includes a bunch of extra screws and spacers for oddly shaped monitors. I think this was a great idea because the included extra hardware is cheap enough to add, so your not scrambling to go out to the hardware store.

I did have an instance where the monitors started "sagging" down because of the temperature change in my barn. I simply re-positioned them and tightened the bolt at the knuckle. No big deal.

These are great stands at a great price. extra hardware is a great bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 18, 2013
Brian C. Driver (Forest Grove, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I replaced an Ikea floating monitor stand (an arm with a platform on it that held the monitor around 4" above the desk) - currently I'm only using one monitor, but I wanted to elevate my monitor and clear some desk space, plus I plan to get a second monitor soon, so I decided to get this device now. It was very easy to set up, fully adjustable, and once the joints were tightened, very stable - my monitor is about 9.5 inches above my desk, and I now have a ton of desk space underneath my monitor.

Only downside: now I have no excuse not to dust my desk.

Word of advice, if you're setting this up without another person to help you: use a sturdy box, or something, to hold your monitor at the desired height when bolting on the bracket, then remove the monitor stand once it's on the bracket and held up securely. That way you won't have to juggle a monitor and hold up a sloppy bracket, since you won't want to tighten the pole mount until you have it at the final height.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the price, June 17, 2013
I'm using this for 2x25.5" and 2x20" (all 16:10) monitors with the large monitors on the bottom, of course. I have these setup on a corner table-top desk from IKEA. It is pushed into the corner, and it is appropriately sized for these monitors to be able to fit into the corner of a room and be at comfortable viewing angles.

The monitor stand itself feels more than sturdy enough. However, I was worried about the clamp design that holds onto the table top. When I was first loading the monitors up, it was OK. But once I had all 4 on, I quickly realized I needed a second person to help me get a grip on it before it went through these cheap, crappy table tops of IKEA's. So, I had to find some good blocks of wood to spread out the weight more on these tables due to their hollow construction. Once I had that on the top and bottom of the table, it actually held up just fine without buckling into the desk too much. Definitely make sure you are clamping to a solid surface!

Adjustment can be a pain. Not to mention, that about a week later I realized (after also peaking at the included broken-english instructions) that I had put the 2 monitors arms on upside down; they want the cable management clips on TOP of the arms when they are attached to the main shaft. (The Amazon picture is also wrong.) I realized quickly that this mattered because anytime that I would adjust the tilt of the monitor, it would loosen the bolt and the monitor would just fall limp top towards me. But when the arms are the other way around, these work more as intended.

So, pro tip... it is important which direction the arms go when installed! Follow the instructions when assembling this stand!

So, once I re-built my entire setup (a several hour ordeal), I am much more satisfied with the results. However, the adjustments can still be cumbersome. It'd be much nicer if each monitor could be adjusted with very minimal effort. It is also not easy to just adjust the height on the fly. Once everything is locked in, it's locked in unless you have easy access to the back side of the stand (which I don't).

For the price, this is honestly a very good stand. I would recommend it for anyone looking to mount such a setup of monitors. I originally had these monitors in a 4x1 setup, but in a corner, it ended up being too much turning to utilize the side most monitors. I contemplated just getting the Hex stand and only using the outer arms for now, but decided that any upgrades I do will probably be with monitors larger than 20".

As always, Amazon Prime got this to me very quickly, too, so of course no complaints there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, January 6, 2014
I have two Viewsonic 27" monitors Viewsonic VG2732M-LED 27-Inch Ergonomic LED Backlit Monitor (Black) on the bottom and two new Dell 27" monitors on top Dell P2714H IPS 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor. The Viewsonics have a slightly curved bottom bezel, such that if they were on top I would not be able to butt the edges of the monitors where top and bottom meet, together. Plus they have power and menu control buttons on the underside of that bottom bezel, so I wouldn't be able reach them unless they were slightly lifted off the desk surface.

I chose the Dell's from Amazon because their power button and the menu controls are located on the front lower left of the monitor bezel. All easily accessible facing forward. Plus, they have an even, straight edged bezel all the way around the monitor which makes them conducive to pushing together flush with each other, so they are on top of each Viewsonic.

My photos will show how you can angle the left side monitors in. In fact I have them angled in towards me and then I have the top monitor angled down and bottom monitor angled up slightly. This makes them easier to see. The same is true for the monitors on the right. I should note that I'm not a gamer. These monitors are connected to a business laptop and also to my home PC. So I'm using them for excel, email, word, web, photoshop and video editing.

Three monitors connect to my Radeon AMD 6950 graphics card for my home PC, and then two connect via Displayport on my Dell Pro2x docking station for my work computer. All other monitors (a total of 5. one of them is a high resolution Dell in portrait mode Dell U2713HM-IPS-LED CVN85 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor, not bolted to the Halter Quad stand) are connected via USB external graphics cards by Pluggable, hereon Amazon for thirty-nine dollars each Plugable UGA-165 USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Graphics Adapter for Windows, Multiple Monitors up to 1920x1080 / 1600x1200 Each (DisplayLink DL-165 Chipset). They give me resolution of 1920 x 1080 which is the highest resolution that these monitors support. Windows 7, I understand, will allow you a maximum of 6 total monitors. I've been using these external USB cards, from various manufacturers like Evga, Triton and now Pluggable for years, going all the way back to Windows XP 10 years ago. It's a very easy and inexpensive way to add monitors to a laptop or PC.

My pics will show that this is attached to a very inexpensive Ikea table top, about 23" x 72" or so, the Limona or something like that which cost me thirty-two bucks. I'm sure it's hollow core except around the edges, so pretty light and flimsy. My concern was that the weight of the four monitors on this tall poll would just rip right off and come crashing on in my lap. So, as a precaution, I bought two pieces of 1x6x12 inch laminated boards (also from Ikea out of their scrap bin for about two/fifty each, and I put on on top of the table and one below, sandwiching the actual table top, and then place the wide mouth of the Halter clamp around all three pieces. I figured this would help distribute the pressure on the hollow core tabletop. And, it works fantastically. Everything is solid with no hint whatsoever that anything will break or tip over, etc. I used the long allen wrench that came with the Halter to tighten the clamp under the table. Because the two external boards in the sandwhich are laminated and solid, I could really torque them without feeling like I was biting into the table top.

All joints on this Halter have allen bolts (that fit the wrench that came with it) so you can really tighten each one once you get your monitors where you want them. I have no sagging or tilting at all with these monitors once I tightened the joints. To assemble, I actually placed two monitors face down, and then screwed one of the arms to the vesa mount on each, then, picked up that arm and slid it onto the pole with the monitors already attached. I tightened that arm in place, so the monitors were about 1" from the table top, then I did the same with the upper arm and once the uppers rested on the bottom monitors, I tightened that one in place. This is not how the instructions show how to do it, but you do whatever works for you.

I've purchased single monitor arms before from Ergo at twice this price. So I'm familiar with this type of product. This is my first multiple monitor stand and I highly recommend it. There's nothing I would change on this, and at the price, yikes, you can't do better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars RECOMMEND THIS UNIT, September 1, 2013
This item is all metal which was a pleasant surprise. Bought (4) units for guys in our CNC machine shop who do the programming. If machinist appreciate the quality, then most people should feel safe with a purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to adjust the tilt, November 27, 2013
The only drawback are the somewhat vauge directions. There is no indication how to adjust the tilt of the screen and in looking at past reviews I thought it might be impossible. Turns out it is easy. Pry the entire end cap off the pivit (up/down) bracket and use the alan wrench to tighten the tilt feature. The end cap looks like it won't come off, but look again -- the ENTIRE end cap comes off allowing access.

2.0 out of 5 stars Arms not even, August 21, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice monitor stand for the money, but you’ll have to work to install it !, January 6, 2014
Excellent value for money but note the following for the install:
1. You need access to stand behind the desk (desk can be slid out)
2. You need a 2-3” overlap at the back of the desktop for the clamp (otherwise you’ll have to cut a hole).
3. Clear the desktop of EVERYTHING!

Included instructions have you installing the clamp, then the bracket, then the monitors. This is hard!

Here’s my suggestions for the easy way:
1. Remove monitor stands from the monitors and lay flat next to each other on the desk (protect bezels if necessary).
2. Attach bracket assembly to both monitors while flat on the desk.

Note on pole location. If you want the monitors symmetrical about the middle of the desk, the pole will go in the middle. But I have one monitor directly in front of me and one to my left. This requires the pole to be installed off-center to the left. You can determine where this would be by lifting the monitor assembly vertical and support the center of bracket using small box. Adjust the monitor arms to how you like them and note where the pole ends up.

3. Mount the pole and tighten the clamps firmly
4. It’s easier if you get a helper for this bit as the assembly is heavy. Lift the monitor assembly onto the pole. While your helper holds the assembly at the right height, tighten the clamp.

Height adjustment is tricky – you need to go behind the desk to do it, so get it right before you push the desk back to the wall.

Rate and Discover Movies