Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach 24708 Toastation 4-Slice Toaster and Oven
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 15, 2008
I had a cheap toaster over for years. Nothing fancy, just a timer knob. My husband was consantly using it to toast slices of bread in the morning for his breakfast, but would burn things. So I saw this toaststation and figured it would fit both our needs, mine for the oven feature to reheat pizza slices and for him the toaster.
It works beautifully. The oven tray is really long and it heats up to 450 degrees. And the toaster function is great. It even has a cancel switch if you have your setting to high just push the button and the toast pops up.
The only draw back I can see is that the clearance in the oven isn't very high. So you won't be able to put in items over 2 inches high. So it's not like you are going to roast a turkey in there, but a french bread pizza fits just fine.
All in all we are really enjoying it. It's great to have one appliance that fits two needs all in one compact space.

Update:

More than 4 years later and we are still using the same appliance. It still functions as mentioned above and is in constant use. Couldn't be more happy with this toaster.
33 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2008
I really like the toaster oven portion, it is very deep and cooks very well. Very fast and even cooking. I also like the size of the oven, it does not take up too much room on your countertop. It also looks nice, the one drawback of the oven portion is that it kind of narrow from top to bottom, so items cooked in it have to be fairly flat or the tops may burn. Overall it is really nice, though.

However, the toaster portion on top is not so good, it toasts the bottom half of the bread first and to avoid burning you have to flip the bread over halfway through the toasting cycle. To me that is a big negative hence the 2 stars, I don't think I would buy this again without them working out these kinks.
22 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2009
I have had this Toaststation for about a month and am very happy with it. Toaster ovens are a hit and miss item for this household....we had an old Black and Decker for 15 years, but quality has gone down since then. This 4 slice toaster and oven makes really good toast - evenly brown (not easy on a toaster oven) and although I haven't baked any cupcakes, the items I have put in the oven have been done to my satisfaction.
on July 15, 2009
I've been looking for months for a toaster oven that that is large enough to cook a small frozen pizza. It seems for the last few years that most toaster oven cooking pans have shrunk to an almost useless size. We've found that most "toaster ovens" with a larger cooking area inside are countertop convection ovens. We tried one. Our last "toaster" oven was an Oster Countertop Convection Oven. It was supposed to toast and bake. The only thing it did well was burn stuff and it definitely didn't toast well! I searched for several months until I found the "4-slice" version of the Hamilton Beach Toastation. The cooking pan is huge compared to other "toaster" ovens on the market. We've only had it a little over a month, but so far, we are really pleased with our HB Toastation. The knobs are sturdy and operation is easy. I had to order it online because I couldn't find it in a store. The shipping from Amazon was free so that helped. It arrived within a week and we've been happily using it since.
on October 12, 2008
I originally had the two slot smaller version of this but with three kids I needed a larger toaster. Not only is this toaster larger but it seems to have some better features than the older model. It has a cancel button so that you can pop the food up if it needed and the holder bars on the bottom are sturdier than before. The toast or waffles no longer fall down inside. It toasts nicely and evenly.
The toaster oven portion is a nice size. I use it to heat up things or I can fit enough chicken nuggets and fries in there for three kids. The unit itself is not too large. I have limited counter space and it fits nicely into the corner. I would definately reccommend this one to others .
on February 16, 2010
I got this toaster and was REALLY skeptical because of the negative reviews on it. However, when I got it I was really happy with my purchase. It's not small like I was expecting. It has a lever that opens/closes for when you are toasting or cooking in the toaster oven part. The lever (open for toast) and closed to hold in heat for the toaster oven. Haven't had any problems with it losing heat. The toaster oven can hold 6 halves of a normal size hamburger bun (probably 4 halves of the larger sesame buns), cooks a pizza slice no problem and has room for larger breads (french bread pizzas, bagels, etc.) The toaster is perfect for english muffins and smaller (as in shorter) breads. If you have a LONG piece (like sour dough) you are able to fit it in the toaster length wise as the "4 slice" is actually a 2 long slice area.

The only faults I see with it are minimal and they are 1. no timer, but you shouldn't really walk away from a toaster oven anyways. and 2. you aren't able to use both at the same time because the toast goes down into the oven when your toasting as well as the top is open.

Overall this was well worth the money and I would highly recommend to someone who is looking for a new better than average toaster/toaster oven, and wants to use less counter space.
on August 31, 2009
This is a great product if you like a traditional toaster, but also need a toaster oven and just don't have the space for two appliances. I found that we used the toaster oven for toast more than for anything else, and my toast never really toasted like a traditional toaster. I would have just ordered a toaster, but my family likes heating up pizza, french fries, etc. in the toaster oven...so this was the perfect compromise. The oven is deep and you can fit more on the tray than traditional ovens, and the toaster works like a charm. I probably would give it five stars, except for the fact that the heating device is quite close to the oven tray, so you need some practice heating things up...the top can burn if you don't keep an eye on it. Also, I find the cord very short, so it has to be positioned on your counter directly in front of an outlet to accommodate the short cord. These are very small complaints, overall I am quite pleased with this product.
on September 20, 2010
I looked long and hard for a toaster oven to replace my old Black and Decker. I really wanted one that could make good, consistent toast, since that is 90% of what I do with my toaster oven. (It's remarkable how many toaster ovens can't make good toast!) I originally overlooked this one because I thought the "toaster on top, oven on the bottom" thing looked like a gimmick. I also thought that would mean the toaster portion would be too shallow. As it turns out, it works great! The toast goes down into the body of the oven when it toasts, so it's plenty deep. And the "two slice" slot is actually one long, continuous slot, making it work great for those large pieces of sourdough bread that I love. The toaster works like a traditional toaster, with a lever that pulls down, and a cancel button that makes the bread pop back up. It also has a dial to control the duration of toasting which leads to consistently good toast at just the right level of toastiness to suit your taste. The oven portion is quite deep (I have the 4-slice model) so I can heat up several pieces of pizza at a time. The only tiny complaint I have is that with the 4-slice model, I can't control each toaster slot individually. They all heat up whether or not there is a piece of bread in them. But that is a minor detail. Overall, I am extremely happy with this toaster oven. I had just about given up looking for a decent one when I found it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a toaster oven mostly for toasting, but also for the occasional heating of something in the oven.
on October 2, 2008
I seen some good reviews of this product and some bad reviews. I assume if you use a toaster oven at a commercial rate, it might not be the best option for you. If you use this product on a casual basis, it is a very good product. The toasting technology is far superior to any toaster I've ever owned. If you want to cook a whole chicken, this is not the product for you. If you want a good product, well designed, easy to clean, kid friendly, and cooks very well, you will like this product. I was inspired to purchase this product due to the fact I bought the 4 cup coffee maker by Hamilton Beach. I love this coffee maker.
on March 22, 2009
The versatility of this appliance is sensational...allows warming to precise levels via the oven and produces superbly prepared toasts of both bread, bagels etc. It is attractive on a countertop and it allows easy cleaning