Most helpful positive review
65 of 67 people found the following review helpful
on June 10, 2011
We had the big white foreman grill for a quite a few years and we liked it, but it did have some limitations and it had reached the end of its life. So I went searching and found the Hamilton Beach Super Sear. This is a little smaller, but it allows for different temperatures. We can still cook bacon at a lower temp. and get some of the best bacon or we can set it high and get perfectly cooked steaks in no time at all.
1. One of the few that can sear and it works great!
2. A good size, appears to be well built.
3. Be careful it gets very hot and you need to only touch the protected parts.
4. Main complaint is cleaning: Not a problem for us as with the Foreman grill we were used to using wet paper towels to wipe it out. This is an easy way to clean it, do make sure you clean it after it is partially cooled down as this grill gets very hot.
5. Grills that have removeable plates get complaints about clip breakage and they don't get as hot. We had one that we got rid of because it didn't work as well as the Foreman grill.
We love this grill more than we did the Foreman and we were quite happy with the Foreman.