Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on June 10, 2011
We had the big white foreman grill for a quite a few years and we liked it, but it did have some limitations and it had reached the end of its life. So I went searching and found the Hamilton Beach Super Sear. This is a little smaller, but it allows for different temperatures. We can still cook bacon at a lower temp. and get some of the best bacon or we can set it high and get perfectly cooked steaks in no time at all.

1. One of the few that can sear and it works great!
2. A good size, appears to be well built.
3. Be careful it gets very hot and you need to only touch the protected parts.
4. Main complaint is cleaning: Not a problem for us as with the Foreman grill we were used to using wet paper towels to wipe it out. This is an easy way to clean it, do make sure you clean it after it is partially cooled down as this grill gets very hot.
5. Grills that have removeable plates get complaints about clip breakage and they don't get as hot. We had one that we got rid of because it didn't work as well as the Foreman grill.

We love this grill more than we did the Foreman and we were quite happy with the Foreman.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2010
We have had our grill for over 6 months. When our tiny old George Foreman grill died, I looked around for a new one. We checked Target and Best Buy and found grills with removable plates. In most these removable plates were lying loose within the grill or on the counter. Can that be good? What if the grillplate is hot and falls off on your hand? I decided on a fixed plate grill and began to look online. This is where I first discovered the value of Amazon reviews.
The feature I like best is that this grill gets HOT! The temperature can be adjusted and includes a 500 degree sear option. I chose the fixed plates so the grill is not a snap to clean, I balance it on the edge of the sink so I can use the sprayer (carefully so as not to get the works wet) in between bouts of gently scraping off the crusty bits. I must say, I have been faithful about keeping it clean because the teflon wears off if you are careless and use any scratchy tools. One annoyance: The little grease cup. It doesn't fasten to the grill, so it moves away from the grill easily and allows grease to drain onto the counter.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
The "Sear" button works pretty well, and the grill makes great food, and fast. I find I use it often to grill meats, fish, vegetables. The grills are not removable for dishwasher cleaning, but they aren't too hard to clean with the nonstick surfaces. The item seems substantially built. No complaints, quite pleased.
on April 18, 2011
All the poor reviews I was alittle scared what indoor grill to buy. But I finally chose this one. The times I have used it, it works was my own fault when I over cooked some burgers. It would be nice if there was a small recipe book that came with it, this one does not have one. So, it is trial and error. For the fat and juice, I have used a heat proof glass cup under the front drip, doesn't move as easily. Used a band Aluminum foil in the front so doesn't splatter as much...when grilling. Found it super easy to clean, just follow the directions with placing the wet paper towel to steam clean right away. And not sure if people are NOT suppose to use Pam type spray product on non-stick finishes. That is why fry pans, etc.. it becomes sticky and you end up using harsher cleaners and scrubbers wrecking the finish. So don't use any spray type like Pam on non-sticks. Not compatible. That may be the very problem other people are having. I gave 5 stars, fast service, great product. Very happy with the size, and this indoor grill. Have not had another before this one so not able to compare to other brands. Very happy so far!
on July 15, 2011
Main point: It's a good purchase. We're really happy with it and use it often.

My fiance and I have been using this grill almost every day for a month now. It's great. Some things we've made: hamburgers, chicken, shrimp, sandwiches, eggplant, squash, carrots. It doesn't warm the kitchen up as much as the stove or oven.

I know some people are concerned about the plates not coming off... Or about the drip container not being connected. In my experience, it makes it easier to clean. There aren't any cracks for grease to get into and it's easy to empty the cup. To clean, we just use a wet paper towel and it works just fine. Sometimes, it takes two paper towels... sometimes, a little more water. We have a pair of silicone-coated tongs, so there's no worries about scratching the coating. It takes 2-3 minutes. One of us finishes dishing up plates, while the other cleans. It's minor.

We appreciate the hinges, no sandwiches squished crooked. The temperature control is great. I often sear my veggies.

The only semi-negative thing that I can come up with is the beep that it sounds off when it's ready. It's loud. The first time I used it, it made me jump. It doesn't last long, so not a big deal. It makes it so we can plug it in, turn it on, and go in the living room while it heats up... You can't miss that beep.
on November 9, 2009
this grill is totally awesome, its easy to clean, you can control the temp, and it cooks food really well and qucik too, the sear button is great too, it leaves the black marks in your food to look like you cooked it outside on a grill, I totally recommend this grill over any other grill, george formans are too expensive.
on February 26, 2011
This grill is great for cooking a quick meal. In fact, we often need to begin the side dishes before the steak and chicken as this unit is so efficient. The searing feature locks in the juices. To eliminate clean up hassles as listed in previous reviews (must wipe the cooking surface down before it cools), we cover it in aluminum foil which makes clean up a breeze! The cooking guide that comes with the grill does a good job with estimating the cooking time on your favorite meats. Convenient size for storing as well. Very pleased with the purchase. This replaced another indoor grill we had for nearly 20 years that finally quit working. We are very pleased with the purchase!
on July 4, 2009
I found the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill to be excellent, sear feature is unique and works wonderfully. Money well spent.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2010
This is a great indoor grill. Cooks smaller steaks, chicken very well. I read a lot of reviews before I bought it. I had thought I wanted one with removable grill plates to be easier to clean but didn't like the reviews. And this one even without removable plates is very easy to clean. Just follow the directions to put a wet paper towel on it after use when it has cooled off a little. I have not had any problems wiping it clean. Works like a charm every time. I thought "Yea , sure " when I first read those directions. The only thing to remember is that the steel handles stay hot for a long time. Be careful and don't touch them while cleaning.
on February 24, 2010
As a professional chef, I was skeptical of this grill at first, but after using it a few times, I am hooked. It sears and cooks like an outdoor grill. It also grills sandwiches exactly as we like them. It is one kitchen appliance that has a permanent place on our counter.