5.0 out of 5 stars Great indoor grill.
This is my second indoor grill by Hamilton Beach. I love grilling everything from hotdogs,burgers and even chicken on this grill. The clean up is very easy as well. I would recommend a friend to purchase this item.
Published on December 21, 2012 by Pepi

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Experience
Published on October 24, 2010 by J. Allen

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Experience, October 24, 2010
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
I bought this grill 2 months ago as a replacement for a very similar (white) Hamilton Beach grill. I thought it was the same one with some cosmetic changes. Loved the previous one, used it for many years 3 times or more a week. This new unit has been a total disaster, and I am already looking for a replacement. The lower grill has much deeper trenches, which I suppose is suppose to allow for better drain-off, but it makes the unit almost impossible to clean (I'm yet to find a cleaning implement that can reach down into the trenches). After only a couple of hand-washings, the no-stick coating began to flake off, and after only two months almost none is left on the bottom grill (don't know if it would fare better in a dishwasher, since we don't have one, but we've been very careful when cleaning it by hand). The actual space available for cooking is much smaller than on the old model, making it very difficult to cook for two. The drainage tray doesn't stay put, and is not shaped properly to catch the run-off from the upper grill when the unit is open, which has led to a lot of mess (you can pull the tray out slightly to fix is problem, but it doesn't help much since it won't stay where you put it). The heat from the grill has also begun to warp the plastic drainage tray. Finally, for reasons that I haven't been able to figure out, after I finish cooking, the grill begins to smell very strongly of char. It stinks up the entire house. Never had that problem with the old one.

3.0 out of 5 stars About average quality at this price point, works well, nice features, February 17, 2013
L. G. CHARLOT (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
I purchased one of these Hamilton Beach #25332 grills from WalMart about 4 years ago. It was used two to three times a month. The non-stick coating on the bottom grill plates is peeling off so time to replace it. Other than the issue with the coating, the unit was still fully functional.

What I like about the product:
1. Removeable grill plates. We had a large Foreman grill with non-removeable plates and rarely used it because it was so difficult to clean.
2. The 15 minute mechanical timer. 15 minutes seems to be the right amount of time for grilling most meats, including burgers, sausages, average-thickness steaks, and chicken. The fact that the timer is mechanical instead of electronic means it is probably more reliable. This timer now has a stay-on mode that my older unit did not have. The product description on the Hamilton Beach web site states that "most foods cook in 10 minutes or less", and that's a fairly accurate statement. Bacon may take longer if you like it crispy.
3. The drip tray sits in a recess in the side of the grill so it can't accidentally be bumped and spill the contents. The drip tray on this particular model is too small for some kinds of meat, like 70/30 hamburger, or bacon, that produce a lot of grease. Be prepared to empty the drip tray at least once while cooking very fatty meats.
4. The wattage of the heating elements (600 watts each for top and bottom plates, 1200 total) is about right for most meat grilling.
5. Replacement grill plates can be ordered from Hamilton Beach for $14 each. Of course, the whole grill on Amazon is only $35 so it's probably not worth it to replace grill plates in an old grill.
6. The top lid swings 180º and lays flat so if you don't need to cook your food with the lid closed, you can have an open grill with 110 square inches of surface. Cooking bacon this way works pretty good.

What I don't like about the product:
1. I wish it was a little larger. For example, it will cook up to three Johnsonville Brats split in half and laid flat, or three medium size burger patties. The actual cooking area, from the Hamilton Beach web site, is only 55 square inches (110 with the lid open and using it as an open grill). If you are cooking for four or more people, it is too small; you will have to cook in batches. There are larger grills available from other manufacturers (George Foreman and Cuisinart, among others), but I have not found one of these larger models with removable grill plates.
2. The non-stick coating failed after less than 200 uses. I have several saucepans and frying pans with PTFE coating that are at least 15 years old, and the coating is worn but not peeling. So I know it's possible to coat aluminum with PTFE that lasts a long time.

UPDATE: June 2014. I am reducing my rating to three stars, because the product's overall durability was no better than average. The non-stick coating was peeling off after about 200 uses, and shortly after that, the timer control dial failed, which was the end of the product and I had to replace it. My recommendation is to look for a grill with larger and removable grill plates, especially if you are cooking for more than 1 person. This grill is just too small for a family.

CONCLUSION: If this was a perfect world, Hamilton Beach would sell a larger version of this product with removable grill plates measuring at least 144 square inches, like the big Foreman grill, and with premium quality PTFE coating on the grill plates that would last several years. For the $35 Amazon price, this is a very nice grill with lots of nifty features, if you can live with the relatively small grill plates. For a household of only one or two people, it's perfect, but if you have a bunch of hungry kids to feed, you might want to look for a larger grill like the Foreman 144 square inch model. I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the short lifespan of the non-stick coating on my grill (maybe newer ones are better?). Overall value for the $35 price is excellent, so I recommend this product if the relatively small grill plate size is acceptable to you.

1.0 out of 5 stars indoor grill, February 28, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
i disposed the box after the 3rd time using the grill, the clip that holds the plate in place broke off the very next time i used it. therefore, i have to open both sides in order to cook. the last one i purchased about 3yrs ago was very sturdy, unlike this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Product, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
I've had this Hamilton Beach item for about 5 months and it is terrible. I had one of these previously that was made about 10 years ago by Hamilton Beach that I loved and wanted to replace it. This one is very cheaply made. The numbers for the timer on the front have already worn off so I can't read them. Items stick on it, even when sprayed with cooking spray, and the grooves are so deep it is almost impossible to clean. They provide a plastic piece to clean it that I used today and it scraped the non-stick surface right off in several places. I would never buy this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton Beach should be ashamed, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
Don't ignore the other reviews like I did. I've owned several of the previous versions of Hamilton Beach's great indoor grill models over the past ten years and really enjoyed using them. When it was time to replace mine I ordered the latest version even though the reviews were mostly negative.

This model is the cheapest and worst made grill I've ever seen from anybody. The plate clips are flimsy and the top one rarely hold the plate in place and lets it drop. It's so dangerous I haven't even plugged this in and will probably return or throw it away.

Do not buy this. I hope HB brings the old one back, but until then I'd suggest you look somewhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great indoor grill., December 21, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best.Grill.Ever., July 31, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
I have had a few different indoor grills (other brands) and I have had an older Hamilton Beach grill and it was awesome... I love the deep trays that drain and remove easily for cleaning. It cooks chicken breasts like a dream. Unfortunately my old one started tripping the breaker so I retired it for this one and so far, so good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Drip tray and plate "snaps" could be better, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
So I bought this to replace my 6+year old George Foreman, which I was tired of cleaning and which always leaked grease everywhere. When I first opened the box, I was impressed. It just "looks" better than my Foreman. However, I was extremely disappointed in the small size of the drip tray, and in how it slides into the side. Can we say "accident waiting to happen?" It doesn't seat very well, and that's without any liquid even in it. I have already accidentally knocked the drip tray twice in arranging the unit on my counter. I guess time will tell when I actually use it. The plates snap out of the unit so that you can wash them in the washing machine. The metal snap that holds each plate is rather small and doesn't look like it will convincingly hold up for years. Again, I guess time will tell! In any case, it LOOKS fantastic on my counter, and I hope that the non-stick coating stays on!

3.0 out of 5 stars Grilled reveiw, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
I bought this product because I had a larger one before I thought this was larger I still like this product I m just disappointed because its smaller than I expected and the part that holds the top plate in broke after I used it just a few times but i waited so long to get this and you can't find it in stores so now I really need it cus I have to eat low fat n this helps take fats out . But I still like it better than the George Forman grills

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had not bought this Hamilton Beach Grill, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill (Kitchen)
I bought this grill to replace my older Hamilton Beach Grill. Bad mistake, I wish I had the old one back now. The grill appears to cook much hotter than my previous model. The grill burns char lines into the meat before the meat gets done and pretty much everything sticks to the "non-stick" grates. Even after spraying this grill with Pam, everything still sticks. The non-stick coating isn't non-stick or even close. I wish I could return it but waited too late so now I'll just throw it in the garbage.

Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill