5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel
I've had a number of toaster ovens through the years, and they all did the job pretty well. So far, I like this one better than the others because:

It is stainless steel, which I consider to be a real plus.
It heats more evenly -- no hot spots that tend to burn part of the food.
The controls are clear and easy to use.
It looks great.
It's...
Published 22 months ago by RPP

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great
I haven't used a toaster oven in a long time but thought it would be nice to have one again for heating up things quickly without having to use the oven.

I did a bit of research and decided on this Hamilton Beach 6-slice toaster oven mainly because it looked like a good deal and the reviews were good.

I've used it a few times and it works good...
Published 16 months ago by A. Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel, June 21, 2012
RPP "RPP" (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 31511 Stainless Steel 6-Slice Toaster Oven (Kitchen)

It is stainless steel, which I consider to be a real plus.
It heats more evenly -- no hot spots that tend to burn part of the food.
The controls are clear and easy to use.
It looks great.
It's not large or bulky.
The cost from Amazon is very good.

I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kind of Deal there is!, March 2, 2012
First off, I must state that I am a very careful and particular shopper. I like nice, expensive things, but more importantly I like quality. I have owned several Hamilton beach products before, and as far as performance, they have always met my expectations. But, they aren't always pretty to look at...this toaster is. I was going to buy the Breville, which looks great, but is nearly $200. This is the only toaster under $80 that has a complete stainless steel body. It really looks good. Its almost a cross between those old quality products from the 50's and modern kitchen appliances. Furthermore, as usual the product performs as expected, or in this case quite a bit better. All functions work as described, all four coils light up, and the temperature is accurate enough. The timer bell is loud, but the timer itself is not...thank goodness. This product is simply the result of good engineering and a good sense of style. Amazing price...but i would still pay double if it was made in America, or if at least Chinese workers didn't have to suffer like slaves..

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great, December 15, 2012
A. Arnold (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

I've used it a few times and it works good enough. I made a small frozen pizza for my son and it did a fine job of heating it and melting the cheese. I've also used it for toast and it worked really well.

The main drawback I have found is the timer knob, which is also the knob you use to determine how dark your toast will be, is really hard to turn. I mean, really hard. I was surprised at how difficult it was and a little disappointed as well. Also, it says it's a 6-slice toaster oven, but I'm not sure what kind of bread they're putting in there because it definitely doesn't fit 6 pieces.

All in all though, if you're going to use it occasionally, then it's probably a good deal. It does get very hot on the sides and top, but I think all toaster ovens are that way, aren't they?

5.0 out of 5 stars Used almost everyday since we bought it, October 1, 2013
Waited to write this review until we'd used it.
Bake cookies, toast bagels, melt cheese for nachos. Temperature is fairly accurate (checked with thermocouple). It fluctuates about 15-20 degrees when the element is cycling, which is comparable to our conventional oven. The top gets quite warm during use, and will burn a hand. I use it at night, so I wish you could turn off the 'Ding'.
An 8" X 8" glass Pyrex baking dish fits in here perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<< THIS IS GREAT
The bottom is protected by a separate, removable metal sheet to catch your mistakes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly ok so far, April 24, 2013
After three failed Cuisinarts, each of which had wiring or element overheating in less than a year, I am trying this brand, not that brand name means anything anymore. knobs on this work a bit less elegantly than the Cuiisnarts and it does not have the hook to pull the rack out when opened but a fork works just as well.

People who complain that these appliances get HOT don't get it. That is the nature of the beast. ALL toaster ovens get hot as they are not insulated like a big appliance. All the ones I have owned over the years have done that.

Also toasting complaints are a non issue as toasting is not an exact science given variations in bread textures, moisture, thickness ..etc. I used the next lowest rack height and it did ok.

I really liked the Cuisinarts, but will never pay that much for such again. I like the four elements instead of two and do not need a convection function, so this falls into that middle category. Also knobs are superior to fussy touchpads which require constant resetting and repeated motion when one should suffice.

I really use a toaster oven a lot for more than toasting so I hope this one will last a bit longer than the ones I have had recently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Convenient !!!, March 28, 2013
Received the unit in an extremely timely fashion considering Amazon was out of stock when I ordered, I was willing to wait, as their price and free shipping was better than anyone on this item. I read all the reviews before purchasing, learned very little, it was a "mixed bag". We have had it for about 3 weeks, first, appearance, very sharp, looks great in our new all stainless kitchen, it is truly ALL stainless steel. We replaced a 12 year old Oster toaster oven, that did NOT toast evenly. This one toasts beautifully and evenly. Works great for small casseroles, rather than heating the big oven. The negative is the rack, when pulled out it starts to literally fall out of the oven, potentially, if not careful, you may burn yourself. There is no STOPPER on the rack. Therefore, 4 stars on a lovely, useable oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, August 11, 2012
I was a little skeptical when ordering this sight unseen, but when I received it I was pleasantly pleased. Nice looking and lightweight. It works great whether toasting or roasting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice look, but some drawbacks, January 18, 2013
Very pleased with the look and size of this model. Sturdy feel-- not "flimsy" and door closes well. As others noted, it's really difficult to get more than 4 slices of bread on the toasting tray. Very hard to read the lettering and words on the dials, especially since ours sits on a low counter. Really miss the pop-up/pop-down lever for toasting. This dial makes it hard to regulate timing of toast cycle. So if you overspin the the toast dial or if you remove the toast before the cycle ends it is totally impossible to spin the dial to off-- you must wait for the toast cycle to end on its own. One other annoying featue is the loud ticking of the timer. It is unnecessary and distracting.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, July 22, 2013
cooking for one, this has replaced my big oven, uses much less energy and its compact enough to sit on top of my countertop. I broil steaks and chicken breasts, and do potatoes, definitely would recommend this for any home where you don't need a huge oven to bake and broil food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, May 31, 2013
I use it practically every day. Other reviews comment on how hard it is to turn the knobs. They must have fixed the problem because mine works great. Very stylish, heats evenly, no pre heating required, I love it.

ARRAY(0xaa34b69c)