Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 28, 2000
This grill is great! I wanted something that I could use in the winter or when it rains so I don't have to fire up the big grill outside, and this grill was perfect. It's a great size for my family, and I love the variable heat control, but most of all I have been wowed with the cleanup - there hardly is any! I just wipe out the drippings and throw the grill in the dishwasher! This was a great litle investment.
on September 28, 2004
I wanted to replace my George Foreman grill and happened upon the Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill at this site. After reading the ratings from other consumers, which I think is a fantastic idea for Target.com, I was ecstatic! All of the things I disliked about the GF grills were mentioned by others, especially the task of cleaning them. Cleaning my HB grill is far less difficult because everything except the electric probe is immersible. I was a bit concerned about grease splattering because the HB grill isn't covered but that turned out to be a non-issue. Not to mention, it costs less than 1/2 the price of the comparable GF grill! Thank you Hamilton Beach for making such an outstanding product and thank you Target.com!
on May 1, 2005
I got this as a shower gift a few weeks ago. It works great! The heat is even, cleaning is easy, and no smoke. The package said using sauces could cause smoke, but we never had a problem. My only advice is don't cook meat on the bone on this grill. It took forever to cook a few chicken legs, and they were still raw in the center. If if had a lid to hold the heat in maybe it would have worked a little better. I'm going to stick to burgers, shrimp, veggies, and boneless chicken. Those all turn out great.
on November 18, 2008
Alright, for those that says clean up is a breeze, notice how most of those reviewers have a dishwasher. But for those folks without one, this item is by no means a "breeze" to clean. The item is simply too large to fit in a regular kitchen sink (or at least the one I have). So soaking it is out of the question. The nonstick coating does absolutely nothing. If you try to grill anything with a sauce or marinate, be prepared to spend hours trying to scrap off gunks congealed sauce residue. And because of the nonstick coating you cannot use a metal scrubber.

And if you think about it, Teflon doesn't recommend the use of their pans over high heat, for the teflon coating would melt and wear out. So why would anyone have a teflon coated grill, where the process of grilling probably necessitates the highest temperature out of all cooking methods?

I've learned to work around with it. Such as covering it with a disposable aluminum pan while it preheats so it heats up faster. And placing foil in the drip tray so clean up is easier. But the size and grate-cleaning problem persist.
on September 3, 2004
This grill is great. We have had it for several months now and cannot use it enough. We love to grill out, but hate sitting out in really hot weather and the clean-ups involved in outdoor grilling. We have cooked hot dogs, steaks, chicken breasts (with and without the bones) and even skewers on it. We were amazed at the flavor. The food does taste like it was cooked on an outdoor grill. So far everything has been easy to clean-up and almost foolproof. Odorifious foods will always linger if you don't air out the room(with this grill or without it). I would advise folks to buy this grill and cook steaks on it. You will be hooked in no time. It's a great buy. The money saved from not having to buy charcoal alone paid for this grill.
on November 11, 2000
Checked the reviews before i bought this grill.. and was quite impressed... although i got it cheaper at target ... so pays to check the local stores before buying it online!... no more broiled steaks!... come out awesome.... and do not dry out... in this grill.. and cleaning is a snap.. just dump the thing... into the dishwasher... assuming you've lightly rinsed it out.. after cooking... highly recommend it.
on April 17, 2004
I love this grill--It's easy to use, *very* easy to clean, and does a superb job on everything I cook on it--No more cleaning a splattered-up broiler for me!!--

I've found that clean-up is even easier if I put a small pan of water under the grilling surface--My market has small, shallow aluminum "fudge pans" in the section where they have disposable pie tins and the like and they fit perfectly under the grill--I put a small amount of water in the pan which keeps the drippings from smoking and/or sticking and it fits much more easily in the dishwasher than the large plastic base--That way I can just wipe the base off after use and put it away--

I got mine when it was on sale at Target awhile back and it's turned out to be a great buy--And, unlike the Foreman grills, the cooking surface can be just wiped lightly and put in the dishwasher, which I find to be much more sanitary--

I would very highly recommend this appliance to anyone who's looking for a healthy, economical way to cook meats indoors--C
on July 27, 2004
I purchased the Hamilton Beah In-Door Grill and it's awesome. The clean up is fast and quick. The best part is it's immersible after you remove the electrical cord. I have had the grill for about 3 weeks and have grilled vegetables, burgers, hotdogs, chicken, steak. When grilling veggies place aluminum foil on top to keep veggies from falling through. Or, you can perhaps use a grill basket. But aluminum foil wold be easier. I prefer this over the George Forman Grill because cleanup is quick and easy. The in store price was $29.99 ($10.00) cheaper than the web price. Please check your store price prior to buying online.
on May 23, 2012
After reading the reviews,most good, i bought this grill. Out of the box I was impressed with the heavy weight of the grill plate. And the way the heating element was attached to it. I just hoped it would get hot enough. So the first thing i cooked on it was a 1lb Rib Eye steak. I pre heated it for 10 min,sprayed some pam on the grates and threw the steak on. Four minutes and flipped it over. Beautiful grill marks! Another 4 min,checked the temp..135, and it was done.
Cleaned the grill in the sink with a sponge,washed the base the same way, and...done. I will be cooking with this often. It has an adjustable heat setting, but i just left it on high. Also, i put some water in the base under the grill plate to catch the grease.
on January 13, 2007
Have used the grill many times and it works great. Very little smoke. The challenge is cleaning the unit without ruining the grill. Foods have a tendency to stick and even with a sponge and much elbow grease it is very difficult to keep perfectly clean. I just used a portable steamer to clean it and that did the trick.

See 1 answered question