Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Hamilton Beach 32229 22-Quart Roaster Oven, Stainless Steel
|Price:||$69.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$5.04 (7%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 22-quart portable roaster oven for roasting, baking, cooking, and serving
- Simple control knob with adjustable heat up to 450 degrees F
- Removable insert pan and lid; lift-out wire rack; cool-touch side handles
- Stainless-steel housing; easy-to-clean design; user manual with recipes included
- Measures approximately 18 by 25-2/7 by 11 inches; 1-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: Portable Roaster
Top Customer Reviews
So I got my turkey in the preheated turkey roaster at just below 325 degrees and decided I would cook it for about five hours. I knew I didn't want to keep checking on it because of the notation about heat loss so I decided on that time from the get go since it always worked for me in the past. I got a little nervous and about 3 hours and 45 minutes into the cooking time, I decided to take a peak.Read more ›
Well, I found the answer...so I'm sure that you will be happy to use it. (I didn't provide the link, because amazon won't allow it.) So I just copied & pasted the info that I found. Here goes....
1. Take the insert pan out of the roaster and pre-heat the roaster to it's highest setting (on mine it's 450, but 500 if your oven goes that high).
2. Prep the turkey by rinsing and patting dry. Sprinkle salt in the cavities. Stuff your turkey if desired. Note on stuffing: Don’t pre-stuff your turkey. Mix and stuff ingredients immediately before roasting. Stuff lightly and loose. Allow ¾ cup stuffing per pound of turkey. (Tossing in a few pieces of cut fruit or herbs is not considered 'stuffing.' Stuffing usually means filling up the cavity.)
3. Place the bird in the roasting pan on top of the wire rack that comes with your roaster. Make sure the handles are up, not tucked below.
4. Rub the entire bird with olive oil or butter. (I have better luck with olive oil.) Doctor up your bird with whatever special seasonings you wish. I always use poultry seasoning.
5. Finish with a good sprinkle of seasoning salt and black pepper. The olive oil and seasoning salt will help the skin brown nicely. I also like to use those little disposable "plug in" turkey thermometers. Put the insert pan with the bird into the roaster oven and cover. I never add water or other liquid to the pan, but some people do.
6.Read more ›
I have food allergies and intolerances (primarily wheat, gluten) and needed an oven I could dedicate to cooking gluten-free foods.
I roasted a chicken, and it was succulent and flavorful -- really, really, REALLY good. I prefer lean mean, and the white meat was particularly moist and delicious. Since I have never used the oven, I used a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken was cooked perfectly -- very easy.
You can also bake in the roaster oven (cakes, cookies, etc.). I am looking forward to trying it.
What I love about this item is that you never put the food directly on cooking surface. Instead, you use your own cook and bake ware, which makes the oven MUCH easier to clean. The inside cook service is removable, and it also has a rack.
I am so happy that I purchased the 22-quart instead of a smaller unit. This one is large enough to roast a turkey and also easily holds large casserole dishes, etc.
There is an instruction booklet inside that gives instructions on how to order an insert to turn the unit into a three-sectioned buffet server.
There are only a couple recipes included in the instruction booklet, but because you can use the roaster oven to make the same things you'd roast or bake in an oven, separate recipes aren't really necessary (as they would be for a Crock Pot, for example).
Recipes included are:
Quick Roast Turkey
Turkey Browning Sauce (this oven will not brown poultry unless you use the sauce, which is easily made with butter or margarine, browning sauce such as Kitchen Bouquet, and paprika).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great 2nd oven for Holiday time. We used this to roast the turkey for Thanksgiving while the oven was used for the other meal items. Read morePublished 14 months ago by aug4570
The roaster is perfect for our big family get togethers. I love it.Published 14 months ago by Mommamadsen
This roaster worked great, the only negative is the pan gets very hot on the outside so you have to be careful not to get burned. (Lesson learned the hard way!)Published 14 months ago by Bertha Lee
Got this for my sister in law, she loves it and can't thank me enough so thank you Amazon!Published 14 months ago by Espat Cesani
we cook a 17 pound turkey in hours. It cooks faster than the time stated on the recipe forum. So keep that in mind. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Mary Saunders
Followed instructions and our turkey was moist and flavorful, can't wait to try other meats to roast them in it.Published 14 months ago by Mannyf
Our turkeys are roasting perfectly in this roaster...brown and very juicy. My Thanksgiving gang was very impressed with all wanting to buy their own roaster!Published 14 months ago by Robin
The product shipped promptly and has performed as expected. So far we have baked a whole chicken in it and just recently a 4 pound ham and both experiences were positive producing... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Rex N Van Beek