4.0 out of 5 stars Love the simplicity
Published 22 months ago by blaisebyx5

Published 9 months ago by kelbel5553

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the simplicity, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 33565 Simplicity 6-Quart Slow Cooker (Kitchen)
I now own 3 slow cookers. One Crock Pot from the 80's with a low-to-high dial, great for keeping things warm. A Rival from 10 years ago which I thought was great being that it has 4 settings and an automatic "warm" setting. Little did I know slow cookers have come so far. This Hamilton Beach is GREAT in that you can select the temp seperate from the time and it goes to automatic warming! I will now be able to cook many more recipes that require lower temps and less cooking times with out haveing to set my alarm to wake up earlier just to turn the cooker to 'warm'. Can't beat the price. Gave it 4 stars because it is a rather 'fat' piece of equipment, have to be careful when storing that the knob doesn't get knocked off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slow cooker!, November 17, 2012
rph79 "A.R." (Grand Rapids, MI) - See all my reviews
This slow cooker fulfilled my hopes. In the past I had slow cookers that I wouldn't use while I was away all day (which to my mind defeats the purpose of having one), because even on the low setting the food was overcooked--sometimes even scorched. The Hamilton Beach model is very easy to use--just select the high or low temperature, and the number of hours you want it to cook, and that's it! After the desired cooking time is reached, the temperature automatically switched to "Keep warm", so the food is fully cooked but not over done.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first slowcooker... and its great so far, January 30, 2013
I bought this based on Amazon reviews (thanks everyone!!) since I didnt want to be spending a ton of money on an appliance I wasnt sure I would use... it is super easy to use and cooks great.. i havent found a disconnect in the cooking times from recipe books as some reviewers mentioned.. maybe Im just not ridiculously picky but I honestly thought it was perfect...

One word of caution - we are only 2 people and this slowcooker is a little big..since you need to put a minimum amount of food int he cooker we end up making meals for 4 people... I freeze 2 portions for the next week!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CROCKPOT!, January 19, 2013
I love this crockpot. I have always bought the original crock pot brand and have had limited success with them. This crock pot is fantastic!. It has a relief hole in the lid that keeps the interior temperature below the boiling point. The gasket on the lid is another great feature. With my other crockpots the lid was always jiggling because the contents were boiling even though it was on low. This one does not do that and it also does not overcook. I like the manual heating controls but it has a digital timer that works just great. I highly recommend this one for anyone who is looking for a great new crockpot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, October 7, 2012
We picked this slow cooker because it was recommended by Real Simple magazine. We use it almost every day making dog food for two of our large dogs who have health issues and don't do well on even the best dog foods we could find. Cooking for the dogs is a big chore, but this slow cooker does a great job making the full 6 quarts in about 3 1/2 hours.

Since someone is always home when the slow cooker is on, we'd prefer if there were a way to set it so that it automatically turned itself off when the cooking time is over, rather than keeping the food warm. The keep warm feature is good for someone who needs to cook and keep a meal warm until it's time to serve, but that isn't what we need. I can see where the keep warm would be good for a party, too.

The liner if very easy to clean, which is a huge plus, especially because it's used so often. We hope this slow cooker lasts a long time, because we're very happy with it. We've never used a slow cooker for our own meals, but we plan to try it soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow cooker, November 1, 2013
Just what I wanted. Programmable slow cooker that automatically turns to warm after it's done cooking. I can come home from a day of skiing (right around the corner) and have hot food ready when I walk in the door. The timer is easy to set, and there's no confusion about whether this is currently set to warm, cook (hi/lo), or off. It's also easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, February 10, 2013
Very happy with this slow cooker. My old one cooks too hot on the low setting and ruins everything. I cooked a whole chicken and then made stock and it simmered the entire time and came out perfect. I used the high setting to get it going for about an hour, then switched to low. Felt safe leaving it on while at work all day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a magic wand, but does it's job just fine., January 18, 2013
I'm always confused when people buy a crock pot and expect it to create culinary masterpieces right out of the box, with no testing and no warmth emanating from the appliance.

Sure, the outside gets hot but it is cooking, so does the oven. I place mine on top of the stove to cook because I know its safe and out of the way, but a countertop will do just fine. It is big, big enough to hold a chicken or large roast. But this was a selling point, not a deterrent. There are plenty of smaller slow cookers on the market.

I have used it several times now. I played with it first and used it while I was at home to monitor cooking times. The whole chicken was delicious and cooked just fine. The second time I used it I programmed it for when we weren't at home. I LOVED how it switched to warm when it was done, keeping our soup ready to eat when we walked in the door.

Sure, its big and you need quite a bit of room to store it, but that's the price you pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dad loves it, March 13, 2013
Got this for my father per his request, and he's extremely satisfied with it. Outside gets hot, but so do most other slow cookers. The timers are a great option to have (so I'm told).

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after one use, company charges to send a new one - dissapointed, November 13, 2013
I purchased this slow cooker off of Amazon 5/2013, after hearing it was good by some of my friends. I used it one time and it worked fine. The next time I used it, I browned a roast and stuck it in the crock before leaving for work in the morning. When my boyfriend got home, the roast and crock pot were cold and there was an error message on the screen. I turned it off and tried to reset it, it started the clock, but within one minute the error message came up again. I was pretty dissapointed, as now it was Sept and Amazon only has a 30 day return policy. They directed me to call Hamilton Beach because it has a 1 year warranty. I called them, after giving some info, they said they could send me a new one, but because it is a LIMITED warranty, I would be responsible for the $14.99 shipping cost. I was extremely dissapointed - it's not about 15 bucks, its about a company standing by their product and doing what's right for the consumer. When I explained my frusteration, they said they could reduce the shpping by half, so now I pay $7.99 for a new one. I still feel that I should not be paying for a replacement, not only did I lose the roast I tried to cook, but I have been inconvenienced and without a slow cooker. This will be the last time I purchase a product from Hamilton Beach. I sure hope the new one they send me does not do the same thing.

Hamilton Beach 33565 Simplicity 6-Quart Slow Cooker