5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!! would recommend to any friend
Published on July 11, 2011 by M. Zhou

1.0 out of 5 stars steam gets out!
Published on October 12, 2012 by ksip

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!! would recommend to any friend, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
I got this as a Christmas gift and it works great!! I like the programmable feature so I don't have to set a timer or keep an eye on it, and usually I will plan well so the dish will be ready whenever it's supposed to be. As a graduate student struggling with lab work and study everyday, I found it has saved me a lot of time and energy. Also I wouldn't feel too bad to accept this as a gift since it's not too expensive either:)

5.0 out of 5 stars My research paid off, love it so far., January 17, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
Ordered my first slow cooker, HB arrived two weeks ago shipped by Amazon - faster than expected and packaged well. Made 3 meals so far and all were successful.
After some research I opted for this model. Wrap around element, glass lid, progamming is great, switches to warm after time elapsed, easy to clean and not too big to store, plenty of food for 4 and reasonably priced compared to other products with similar functions. Would recommend to friends. Proof will be in time. Will add further comments if experience takes a turn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slow Cooker, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
This is just what I wanted. I have a small (which is great just for one person) and a large but needed a middle size...this one is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cookware, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
I never had a slow cooker until my two boys were out of house 2 months ago. I realized that it is my best cookware among pots, pans, electronic pressure cooker & Thermos Cooker!

- It has timer to stop,
- easy to clean,
- healthy. I put the pot with soup in the refrigerator at night & remove the top layer of solid fat before I serve it the next day.
- multi-function. Pressure cookers, Thermos cooker are mainly for soup type of dishes, not for dished with thicker sauce or roast.

This slower cooker does "roast" dishes. I did roasted Lemon & paper chicken, roast BBQ pork.

I should buy a slower cooker 30 years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, meals have been good, October 2, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
I have owned this for about 5 weeks and have only used it four times (made ribs, whole chicken, pork chops and pot roast)and all meals came out very tasty. I look forward to trying many meals on this in the future.Clean up has been easy after each meal also (did not use cooking spray for any meal). It has worked well for making meals for two people. No complaints so far, but will follow up after a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
Super user friendly! While some slow cookers seem to be a bit on the hot side, this one cooks perfectly. I now feel like I cannot live without the programmable feature. So handy! Great size for side dishes and smaller main courses. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough for 4-5, May 14, 2012
Grandmother Reidinger (Goose Creek, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
My first "Slow Cooker", and its really nice.. I was afraid it was too small, but
for two, there was enough for TWO meals, twice. Exactly right.

Suggest one take into account the "name", Slow Cooker. That's the truth.
Still will find it much less aggrivating than worrying about the stove
pot going dry and ruining the roast.

Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size Slow Cooker, October 1, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
Receive my Hamilton Beach 4.5 Quart slow cooker. Purchased this item from it's good reviews. excellent choice. Awesome slow cooker. I live in an apartment. Just the right size and stores easily. Very simple to use and it sure can cook. Would highly recommend this product to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars steam gets out!, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
I have just started cooking in the past couple of years and always loved my moms crock pot creations so I had to get one. My boyfriend bought this one for me so I didn't have time to do research on other crocks. First of all, the timer option is useless. No matter what you put the timer on, the crock pot will stay on all day. And the timer doesn't count down, the light just stays on whichever time you click when you first turn it on. Fortunately I am home during the day so I can turn it off but I would never leave it on all day while I was out. The worst part about it is the lid. It is not a perfect fit and it lets steam out. I've ruined like 10 pot roasts and always thought it was something I was doing wrong. Finally today I did some research and figured out that its the stupid crock pot and not me that keeps drying out my meat!

2.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Size, October 6, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
I've been used to cooking in quantity in a large slow cooker. Now alone, I needed a smaller slow cooker and this one is a perfect size. I read quite a few reviews before choosing this one but missed that the outside of this slow cooker gets quite hot with use. I'm putting this one out in a community yard sale and will find a slow cooker that remains cool to the touch with use.