Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach 4.5-Quart Programmable Oval Slow Cooker
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 11, 2011
I got this as a Christmas gift and it works great!! I like the programmable feature so I don't have to set a timer or keep an eye on it, and usually I will plan well so the dish will be ready whenever it's supposed to be. As a graduate student struggling with lab work and study everyday, I found it has saved me a lot of time and energy. Also I wouldn't feel too bad to accept this as a gift since it's not too expensive either:)
on January 17, 2012
Ordered my first slow cooker, HB arrived two weeks ago shipped by Amazon - faster than expected and packaged well. Made 3 meals so far and all were successful.
After some research I opted for this model. Wrap around element, glass lid, progamming is great, switches to warm after time elapsed, easy to clean and not too big to store, plenty of food for 4 and reasonably priced compared to other products with similar functions. Would recommend to friends. Proof will be in time. Will add further comments if experience takes a turn.
on August 10, 2011
This is just what I wanted. I have a small (which is great just for one person) and a large but needed a middle size...this one is great!
on October 2, 2011
I have owned this for about 5 weeks and have only used it four times (made ribs, whole chicken, pork chops and pot roast)and all meals came out very tasty. I look forward to trying many meals on this in the future.Clean up has been easy after each meal also (did not use cooking spray for any meal). It has worked well for making meals for two people. No complaints so far, but will follow up after a few months.
on July 27, 2011
I never had a slow cooker until my two boys were out of house 2 months ago. I realized that it is my best cookware among pots, pans, electronic pressure cooker & Thermos Cooker!

- It has timer to stop,
- easy to clean,
- healthy. I put the pot with soup in the refrigerator at night & remove the top layer of solid fat before I serve it the next day.
- multi-function. Pressure cookers, Thermos cooker are mainly for soup type of dishes, not for dished with thicker sauce or roast.

This slower cooker does "roast" dishes. I did roasted Lemon & paper chicken, roast BBQ pork.

I should buy a slower cooker 30 years ago!
on December 14, 2012
Super user friendly! While some slow cookers seem to be a bit on the hot side, this one cooks perfectly. I now feel like I cannot live without the programmable feature. So handy! Great size for side dishes and smaller main courses. Definitely recommend.
on October 6, 2013
I've been used to cooking in quantity in a large slow cooker. Now alone, I needed a smaller slow cooker and this one is a perfect size. I read quite a few reviews before choosing this one but missed that the outside of this slow cooker gets quite hot with use. I'm putting this one out in a community yard sale and will find a slow cooker that remains cool to the touch with use.
on May 14, 2012
My first "Slow Cooker", and its really nice.. I was afraid it was too small, but
for two, there was enough for TWO meals, twice. Exactly right.

Suggest one take into account the "name", Slow Cooker. That's the truth.
Still will find it much less aggrivating than worrying about the stove
pot going dry and ruining the roast.

Great product.
on October 12, 2012
I have just started cooking in the past couple of years and always loved my moms crock pot creations so I had to get one. My boyfriend bought this one for me so I didn't have time to do research on other crocks. First of all, the timer option is useless. No matter what you put the timer on, the crock pot will stay on all day. And the timer doesn't count down, the light just stays on whichever time you click when you first turn it on. Fortunately I am home during the day so I can turn it off but I would never leave it on all day while I was out. The worst part about it is the lid. It is not a perfect fit and it lets steam out. I've ruined like 10 pot roasts and always thought it was something I was doing wrong. Finally today I did some research and figured out that its the stupid crock pot and not me that keeps drying out my meat!
on November 9, 2012
I haven't had this pot very long and have only used it a couple of times, but, so far, it's done its job. I wanted a pot that would be right for two people, would be simple to operate and clean and had heating elements all around. This pot meets all those requirements. The timer is simple to operate, the bowl lifts out for cleaning and it's supposed to hold a whole chicken (haven't tried it yet). The pot is somewhat oval and wider at the top than the bottom. The only thing I don't like is that the outside shell gets quite hot when it's on. For those of you who have trouble with steam escaping, just cover top with foil and put the lid on top of foil. I used to do that with my old pot after the original lid broke. Also, it's my understand they do not make this model any more.

By now, I've used this pot numerous times and still like it a lot. My only comment is that the timer should be in 1 hour (instead of 2 hrs) increments. A whole chicken cooked in this pot is superb (put chopped onion in bottom, spiced chicken on top) and if you spray the bowl with cooking spray beforehand, it's even easier to clean. For two people, you can easily make 2 meals at the time and freeze one. Was able to find another one and bought one for my daughter.