5.0 out of 5 stars Great cup of hot coffee
Published on November 21, 2008 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE
This review is written after approx. four pots being brewed daily and 8 months of ownership- it was thrown in the trash this evening.

Published on December 20, 2011 by Maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cup of hot coffee, November 21, 2008
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
I have owned this Hamilton Beach BrewStation Select Drip Coffeemaker - 47334 for a year, trouble free. The coffeemaker makes a great cup of HOT coffee. My husband gets up earlier than I do in the morning so the coffee sits for close to an hour. The coffee always tastes fresh even an hour or three later. It is so easy to clean and there is virtually no maintenance needed. Prior to this coffee maker I had one with a carafe and if you don't drink it right away the coffee taste burnt and the coffee isn't as hot.

If you are thinking about buying this coffeemaker, go ahead, you won't regret it. I have read reviews of people complaining the unit drips but I have not had that problem. I also have read people complaining about the gold filter not fitting right. I use the gold filter and unsnapped the handle off of it. The lid of the coffeemaker does not close flush against the basket but it does not effect the brewing or flavor of the coffee. I have used both the paper filter and the gold filter and did not notice any taste difference or brewing issues.

When I first got this coffeemaker I had to contact Customer Service because I had a question about the unit. Customer Service was really nice and they said they actually have the same model in their break room they use.

I am getting ready to purchase one as a Christmas Gift for a family member who loves ours.

If I had to replace this unit I will definitely buy another Hamilton Beach BrewStation.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)

My family is pretty heavy coffee drinkers. I've owned many makers throughout my 25 year coffee drinking career. When I first received this maker I was in love...I absolutely loved it! I said "this is the best maker EVER"! I raved about it to anybody who would listen. Making coffee was a breeze, it brewed at an acceptable speed (except on the "strong" setting), I loved that I could just pour a cup of coffee with the press of a button, etc. It was fantastic, or so I thought.

Three Months later the problems began:

The first thing I noticed was after about one month I discovered a FOUL smell originating from the maker. After inspecting the odor I realized the bottom of the maker was covered in stinky rot. When water spills, it makes its way under the maker and rots on the underside of the plastic. Annoying but no biggie, I just needed to clean under the maker more often. However, even with daily wiping, the rotten water traps in the wheels/grooves and is pretty time consuming to clean out. This will also happen if the drip tray and grooves are not cleaned with bleach water on a daily basis.

A few months later I came home to a half pot that had leaked into the bottom reservoir. The seams/ sealing of the pot had developed leaks. For some reason it doesn't leak when the coffee is "hot", but as soon as it cools the entire remaining contents of the pot leak into the bottom where your originally pour the water. You have to physically pick up the maker and dump it into the sink. Repetitively doing this causes water to get into the top portions of the maker (behind the buttons, clock, etc.). In turn, a rotting scent which can not be cleaned emanates from inside the coffee maker. Shortly after the carafe leak, it developed a leak in the reservoir. Soon, I was finding coffee all over my counter and floor. This coffee pot turned into a disguising, leaking rot mess.

I knew I needed a new maker but was hoping to wait until after xmas to make the purchase. I paid $100+ for this maker, I should not need a new one 8 months later. Today was the last draw- the mechanism that goes up and down which controls the coffee flow broke, which made the thing completely out of commission. This evening I went and purchased a "Mr.Coffee 12cup programmable". Hopefully this will hold up better. Otherwise I give up, it'll be back to the old school standard maker, those I've never had a problem with and always last us years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great., November 25, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
Read the reviews about this thing leaking because of the spout being too close to the back of the unit. Bought it anyway...not sure what people are talking about but I've not had the first leak. Coffee goes into my very thick rimmed mug perfectly every time. My daughters sippy cups for coffee milk (we're from the south so we give our kids coffee) fits fine and no problems with dispensing coffee. The only problem I've found so far is that after a few pots you get a kind of burnt plastic smell. I've had other reservoir type coffee makers and they all seem to do that at some point and then the smell goes away. How many carcinogens can there be, right?

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking Leaking after several months product 47334, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
I didn't think to look the unit up to read reviews before I bought the coffeemaker. I've loved this product from the beginning. The seal is not the best but I overlooked at first because I liked everything else. After about 6 months of daily use the unit started to leak coffee from the bottom of the unit on my counter. After a few more weeks it leaked all over my counter today. I'm not recommending this product at all. I will not purchase a Hamilton Beach product again. Be warned!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just average, September 20, 2009
Keith P. Mcbroom (Lawrenceville, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
I purchase a new maker about every two years. It brews good coffee. It is relatively easy to clean. However, it DOES leak. It will ruin your counter tops if you are not careful. I will definitely not purchase this maker again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ours was a Leaker, January 9, 2012
Kady Neuhaus (Syracuse, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
It appears from the varying comments that some units leak and some do not... might be a quality control issue, or perhaps made in a different facility. This was our third Brew Station ... have loved them ! This newer unit seemed perfect now that everyone is using travel mugs and the taller dispenser seemed perfect.

However, from the first time we turned it on (using only water and no coffee to first familiarize ourselves with the new programming options), it left a puddle... tired again ... again a puddle. Thinking we'd overfilled it, used half-a-tank ... still a puddle. I didn't equate it with the spout positioning, but question if the tank itself has a hidden leak .. but it's obviously a problem for many. Returning it... will try a different model.

Has to be SOME reason Hamilton Beach is constantly revamping the model. The original model is still functioning in a vacation house, after years of no issues at all. Would have purchased another of those if still available!

2.0 out of 5 stars Another leaking problem, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
This coffeemaker worked great for us for about a year. Makes a good hot cup of coffee. Then it started leaking from the bottom, just like lots of other reviewers have said. I called the 800 number, first person I spoke to said I needed a whole new $15 tank. Went to order it online, out of stock and has been for weeks now. So then I called back and another lady told me to order the $8 seal. I got that over this weekend, installed it (more difficult than I thought it would be), and now it leaks worse than it did before. One reviewer said they he/she was convinced that anyone that has leaking problems has put it in a dishwasher. May I convince you that you are wrong, as we don't have a dishwasher. Unit has never been dunked in the sink either, so forget about that too. This thing simply makes a mess on our counter after a period of extended once-daily use. We'll be purchasing another coffee maker, but never another one of these. The only reason I'm giving it a second star is that it would be a good coffeemaker if it doesn't leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
Love this thing, well priced, simple to use, easy to clean and I love that it is on little rollers so it rolls instead of being drug on the counter. The shut off timers are true to time and the programming comes on true to time too. No spills or leaks when pouring like I had read in some reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars **It Leaks, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
My husband bought this brew station 4 months ago to replace the older one that did not keep the cofffee hot. Just after 1 month it started leaking leaving coffee under the unit and on my counter tops. I got tired of putting paper towel in the front to catch the drips when getting a cup of coffee, and constantly checking for leaks under the unit. I went back to my 12 cup Farberware percolator and I know my cofee is made fast and stays real hot.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO (Kitchen)
I was at first thoroughly in love with this coffee maker. That lasted for about 4 months until it started to leak. A slow drip at first and within a few days I could only make one cup of coffee at a time and had to keep a mug on the drip pan at all times. The entire amount of coffee brewed would leak out. Unfortunately I did not realize how bad it was at first and had quite a large mess to clean up. I ended up with almost 2 full cups of coffee on my counter and none to drink. Not a pleasant way to start the work day. I won't own another one.

Hamilton Beach 47334 BREWSTATION PRO