Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach 49995 FlexBrew Single Serve Coffeemaker
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 10, 2014
I wish it had a water reservoir so that you didn't have to keep adding water for every cup, but it actually heats up more quickly than the Keurig at work does. I like that I can use any variety of K-cup product in it, or just make coffee or tea with coffee grounds or tea leaves.
on September 15, 2015
but it works okay. Takes a long time to hear the water and makes all sorts of weird noises. Steam comes out of the top of the machine. Sometimes doesn't puncture the top of the k-cups. I should have just gotten a keurig, but I'll stick with this for now.
review image
on June 20, 2014
First let me say I love Amazon. Have used them for years with wonderful results. But this coffeemaker is different. It worked great for about two weeks and then wouldn't brew. Water would go down into the reservoir and get hot but then would come back up. Tried all the troubleshooting tips but nothing worked. Returned for full refund. Refund process extremely easy and received money back on my debit card in two days.
on December 26, 2012
This is the first "K-cup" coffee maker my wife and I have used, so I can't compare it to the Keurig brand. It is a good size unit that dispenses the right temp water for brewing. However, we use an 8 oz. measuring cup to pour water in the tank since a standard coffee cup drips water all over. Then during the final seconds of the brew, water drips from the top of the unit down the sides and onto the countertop even when only pouring in 7 oz. It isn't much, but aggrevating. The manual mentions that too much water in the tank could cause the drip, but not even using the maximum of 8 oz. still causes the drip -- which is unacceptable. We have a 4 cup Mr. Coffee maker (bought for about $15), but thought this unit would be ideal for brewing only one cup of coffee or hot water for tea or hot chocolate. The price is right compared to a Keurig -- but not the expected performance. The best feature is being able to use regular coffee, which is why we bought this unit.

UPDATE of June 2013

We've put the unit up. Just don't care for its performance and quality of brew. The Mr. Coffee Maker mentioned above is more than adequate for our needs. I think this device and other similar Keurig clones will be a fad. Possibly the Keurig is the way to go for this type of machine -- but not for us.
on November 26, 2013
i bought this for my mom because she always drinks coffee but shes the only one who drinks it and we were just wasting coffee. This machine is awesome it takes kcups which seem to work just fine ive had no problems with them at all it also has a filter that comes with it so u can use fine ground coffee and also one for coarse ground coffee. i absolutely love this coffee maker!! would definitly recommend if you were thinking about getting a kcup brewer this one works great and doesnt cost over 100$.
on July 8, 2013
I decided to buy this coffee maker for my husband because he wanted to be able to have a cup of coffee whenever he wanted... in the barn! I chose this one because it is simple to operate and does not leave a container of water or brewed coffee sitting in it. After trying it for a few days in the house I did find the one thing that should have been posted in large font: clean out the water spout! When I was making maybe the fifth or sixth cup ,water started leaking out the top and sides. I was furious! But I read the back of the booklet and found that one should clean the water spout with a bent paperclip if it gets clogged. It will get clogged because that is the part poked inside the little cup. So once I cleaned out the few coffee grounds stuck in there it works perfectly. Now I clean it every time. And the other thing I love about this coffee maker is I can use either the K-cups or regular coffee. What a deal. And it is half the price of the big-name brand :-)
on January 14, 2014
This is a neat idea and that's all we can provide from our experience with one because the one we got was DOA.

It is good innovation except that it is very lightweight build quality and the snap-down thing is scary.

Ultimately the much less expensive single cup machine we got locally (that Amazon also sells very reasonably...) is WAY better than anything else we've had - even including the big, fancy 'K' machine which is mostly just a dust collector here.

For anyone looking to do single servings in about 2 minutes with a machine that has a lifetime filter and which is very easy to keep clean, I recommend finding my review of that other single-cup machine here at Amazon.
Our's makes great coffee every time and I highly recommend that one.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2016
Waste of money. Single cup feature doesn't work. If you put more than 10oz of water, you'll get the "Err" status indefinitely. You can't even pour out water to get it below 10oz. I've never got it to work. I'm taking it back.
review image
on February 13, 2014
My Husband works out of town most of the year. We have a large Keurig K45 Elite Brewer Coffee Maker at home. But he wanted one for his office out of town. We found this single Hamilton Beach 49995 FlexBrew Single Serve Coffeemaker and it works as well as the Keurig. The price was right & The Keurig cups work perfect. In fact my husband says all his co workers are now using the Hamilton Beach 49995 FlexBrew Single Serve Coffeemaker now.
Now you can get K-cups from all different brands that work perfect. I get Hy-Vee brand K-cups and they work great & taste as good as the other brands
on December 2, 2015
It sometimes splatters all over the place. We can not figure out why. When it does this, it is a mess all over the counter and the machine. Continues to drip after the brewing cycle is done, always leaving a mess to clean up on the tray. Coffee tastes somewhat plastic but that may be the K cups we are using.