5.0 out of 5 stars Really gets the job done!
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate it!!!
Just to blend tomatoes or any kind of fruit you need to cut it very small, otherwise it doesn't blend at all. Also the spout of the jar is awfull half of the liquid goes out. This blender is a piece of junk!
Published 6 months ago by John Fehr

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate it!!!, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender (Kitchen)

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly Disappointed with this product, March 10, 2014
Saby (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Got this product after going through the reviews. I am extremely disappointed with this product. I tried to blend onion pieces into puree and although the onion was cut into small pieces for easy grinding, this blender would not do it. the blades kept rotating and nothing happened. The onion pieces were pushed to the side and the even after adding water the resulting puree was disappointing. Went on to blend fruits and ice cubes and again the same story. The other thing is this is extremely loud, well loud is an understatement. its more like a freight train going near the house, that loud it is. Returned to Amazon, and Amazon is excellent with return policy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't remove lid without making a mess, April 1, 2014
Lid is too tight. It's very hard to take off the lid without making a mess everywhere. Nearly every time I take off the lid, I end up scraping my fingers and splattering smoothie everywhere. Even though this is still new, it's going on the curb.

1.0 out of 5 stars it has actually blended exactly nothing that i've tried to blend, April 9, 2014
I've tried to blend stewed apricots, chimichurri sauce, smoothies, and cooked vegetables. Each time this machine was a colossal failure. I tried to modify my approach by dicing or chopping the ingredients into finer and smaller pieces each time, but to no avail. Surely it has to be able to blend SOMETHING, but as of yet I haven't discovered what that something is.

After every attempt I made to sure to completely dismantle the machine and clean it thoroughly, but this never solved the underlying issue--which is that this is clutter on my countertop masquerading as a blender.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Blender, March 10, 2014
I hate this blender. I've tried it for a few months now and I have to make a review for it. It is nearly impossible to get frozen fruit and ice to turn into a smoothie. That is what I primarily use it for. Sometimes milkshakes which are also a challenge to get mixed up. You have to add a TON of liquid. I also wish it had a spout because trying to pour out the top is difficult without spilling all over. I usually scoop with a spoon. The blender I had before this was cheap and 10 years old- but I wish I had kept it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really gets the job done!, March 31, 2014
I needed to replace my sixteen year old blender after accidentally burning the plastic cover on the heating element of the dishwasher. At first I thought I would just replace the cover. However, I soon discovered that ordering a new cover would cost me around seventeen dollars for parts and shipping. So I checked out Amazon's prices to replace the whole blender. When I found this Hamilton Beach model for only $24.99, I thought this may be a better way to go. I found some of the negative reviews discouraging, but my sixteen year old blender was also a Hamilton Beach product and had performed very well. My old blender had cost me $29.99 at Sears in 1998 (I saved the receipt). It had 350 watts for power and this new one has 750 watts. Hmmm... I thought it might be too good a deal to be true, but as an Amazon Prime member I decided to give it a try

I have been using my new blender since it arrived last week. I couldn't possibly be more pleased with its performance.
I've used it daily for making smoothies by starting with 1 to 2 cups of liquid (I use kefir milk, which is quite frothy) and have added ingredients such as: chunks of fresh fruit, frozen fruits, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Lastly I add some ice cubes and use the pulsar to crush the ice. It works great! Everything gets sucked down into the whirlpool (Wave blades) and gets blended up into a thickshake consistency. Yum!

Yes, the cover does fit tightly, which some reviewers complained about. I found the tight fit to be an advantage.I don't have to stand there holding down the cover as I did with my old blender, otherwise the ingredients might come whipping out all over the place.
I also have arthritis in my fingers and putting the cover on and off this blender has been no problem at all for me. The cover has two thick tabs, one on either side, to make pushing or pulling the cover on or off quite easy.

Furthermore, I have not noticed any strange odors when the blender is operating and it runs a bit quieter than my old blender.
Also, everything comes apart easily for cleaning.

For a basic kitchen blender, this product really "gets the job done!" I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars can t even do a salsa, May 2, 2014
probably the worse crap i bought on amazon...the blade is too small you have to choppe everything before ....Why do i need that for again....by the way, cooking is my business...

1.0 out of 5 stars I have to constantly shake this blender to get it to work, May 2, 2014
I make smoothies about twice a week. Usually, I put a chopped up apple, banana, orange, and strawberries into it. I switch up my recipe sometimes, of course, but whatever I put in there is always chopped up into half inch cubes. Then I put a half a cup to a cup of water in and blend, and this blender almost never works on its own. Every time, I have to stop it, take the pitcher offer, shake it around, then put it back and blend again. But I usually have to do this 3 or 4 times before I starts working. It's an annoyance in my life, so I'm definitely getting a different blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising quality for the low cost, March 22, 2014
I just got this today from Amazon. This is an amazingly good product for the price. The Pyrex container and the snug fit of the part's is perfect. No way to beat this unit for the price in my opinion.
As a suggestion, save the plastic bag the container is packed in and use it or some other light cover to cover the blender when you are not using the unit. One of the common cause's of long term failure is caused by grime that build's up in the switches on the front panel. Keeping them covered when the unit is not being used is cheap insurance.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's decent, May 20, 2014
Making a smoothie with this thing is difficult if you aren't particularly skilled at it already. The blades are really low to the bottom so it's basically impossible to do anything unless you adjust the stuff in there a lot. Otherwise, it just sits there stagnantly pressed up against the glass because the blades can't reach it. Imagine a midget trying to punch a really tall guy in the jaw. I ended up having to add a ton of water to even get it to crush the ice. My smoothie ended up being a milkshake with no milk. That was partly my fault though, because I used the milkshake setting and overdid it, trying to make up for the weird lack of blending this thing was giving me.

I've only used it once so far, but I'm not saying it's terrible. I will find a use for it. But so far, it's not what I thought it'd be.

EDIT: Okay, so after a few more days of use I've figured it out. It blends quite well, and I've yet to encounter something it couldn't completely blend into liquid. That said, the motor gets hot after just seconds of use. So you need to give it a break every few seconds. That's the only drawback to this thing. I'm sure its shelf life will not be very long because of that, but we'll see.

Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender