Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 8, 2014
I make green smoothies with hearty kale or spinach and frozen fruit. So far, I haven't had any problems and the blender has puréed them with ease.
on January 4, 2014
I was really excited about this blender from the reviews. I tried making a simple smoothie (no ice) with the blender and after about 2 mins there was a horrible burning smell (I didn't see any smoke). I again tried using it later in the evening to see if that was just a one off thing and the invisible fumes are so bad they gave me a horrible headache. I guess thats what I got for getting a 25$ blender. I'm going back to my earlier black and decker and returning this one.
on December 9, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my sister. She loves the glass container. It does a great job blending the carrots and really stout vegetables. However, the lid is difficult for her to take on and off for cleaning. So, if you buy this blender, it's sturdy but may require you to struggle a bit with the lid.
on December 24, 2013
I bought this for its supposed 700w peak power, but in actuality the blender is only 444 watts peak (3.7 peak amps * 120 volts = 444 watts). Not sure of the average power as I didn't get out my ammeter, but this blender is woefully underpowered for my needs. I like to blend raw oats in my protein smoothies, which was no problem for my old Oster blender, but this one left big chunks.

Also, the protein powder gets stuck in the groove between the non-removable rubber gasket and plastic base, making it difficult to clean (I had to get a small rubber spatula to clean it out). Furthermore, there are really only two speeds (low and high). The other two buttons are the same speeds, just on pulse mode.

If you don't have a blender or have a really old blender in need of updating, this one may work for you.

I really wanted to like this blender but I couldn't get past its shortcomings. Fortunately, I was able to fix my old Oster blender, so I'll go back to that for the time being.
on December 28, 2013
It does all you could normally expect from a blender. The only negative is that if the top is pushed on with any firmness, it is very hard to pry it off.
on December 16, 2013
My previous Hamilton Beach blender was on it's way out the door. It was by far the best blender I ever owned - it was only $25 (on sale at my local grocery store) and lasted through 3 years of daily use, sometimes multiple times a day. I got this as a gift for Christmas (yes, I opened it early!) and I absolutely love it! I've only used it twice, but I can say with certainty that it works even better than my old Hamilton Beach blender. I like to make green smoothies for breakfast to get my day started with lots of fresh fruits and veggies on the go. This morning I blended spinach, kale, apple, banana, and orange to a nice smooth consistency in less than a minute, with no pulp to boot - gotta love that! For the price, you can't beat the quality you get from Hamilton Beach. I highly recommend this blender.
on December 2, 2013
It is designed to chop through ice and frozen fruit to make great smoothies without stopping up. It replaced our old Oster blender and is so far much better. Look at the pictures of the blades and notice that there are blades pointing out to the sides as well as straight up. This helps make the blending much smoother without having to stop and stir. We love it! Granted I have never tried a Vitamix, but for this price you could go through 20 before you reach the cost of a Vitamix.
on December 31, 2013
Sadly my last blender could not take on the job of green smoothies and the motor burned - I wanted a new blender but did not want to pay a fortune for it. I love this blender. I make green smoothies and freeze what I blend in ice cube trays. When Im ready for my drink I put the ice cubes in the blender with some greek yogurt and a little water, and in a minute I have this amazing green smoothie...LOVE LOVE LOVE
on October 20, 2013
This blender rates 5 stars right out of the box The shipping was quick it arrived when it was scheduled to.
It was easy to unwrap it I used it to mix up two protein drinks which included 8 ice cubes which were chewed
up in a few seconds it took less then a minute to mix up those drinks This blender has what it takes to perform
for some time to come This blender gets thumbs up & 5 stars!!!!
on January 3, 2014
my sistehas been going throigh chemo. and finished up on Christmas eve. The one thing she asked me for was a new blender. She has been doing great with nutrition since her diagnosis and old blender finally gave out. She called me the other day to RAVE about how much she loves this blender. pour spout in top is so covenient and no mess with ooen/close feature. great product at great price!