Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on January 4, 2014
I was really excited about this blender from the reviews. I tried making a simple smoothie (no ice) with the blender and after about 2 mins there was a horrible burning smell (I didn't see any smoke). I again tried using it later in the evening to see if that was just a one off thing and the invisible fumes are so bad they gave me a horrible headache. I guess thats what I got for getting a 25$ blender. I'm going back to my earlier black and decker and returning this one.
on January 8, 2014
I make green smoothies with hearty kale or spinach and frozen fruit. So far, I haven't had any problems and the blender has puréed them with ease.
on December 27, 2014
I got this blender for Christmas. I had it on my Wish List and my husband purchased it. I have used it three times. The first time to make smoothies for my children. It took about 40 minutes for that happen. The blade is very small and the base is wide so the food right on the blade will blend and then spin in place and no other food will get pulled into the rotation. We had to empty the blender and only blend about a 1/2 to a full cup full of fruit and yogurt at a time until we got all the fruit blended. Even then my son said his smoothie had big chunks in it. Also, my husband was in another room with the door shut and he said it sounded like I was using a chainsaw because it was so loud. Next I made a milkshake which worked out alright. Just ice cream, banana, and milk. Took a minute for the food to actually pull into the blade but it worked in the end. Since it was running for so long we there was an electrical smell coming from the base. Could have been because it was a new motor, not sure. A few days later I made a couple more milkshakes. I had the same problem with the blade just spinning and no food being pulled into it. I had to stick a spatula into it as it ran so that the food would catch and blend. I added enough milk to make a semi-thick shake but the blade spinning in place created heat so the ice cream actually melted and made chocolate milk. :(

Update: I've had this for a year and I still hate it. Every time I use it I get upset. I need to just buy a new one but don't have the money. I have lost a few bamboo spoons because I have to push the food down into the blade to make it blend. Also, it is very loud, has been since day one. My mom was over and using the vacuum in another room and she said the blender was so loud that she couldn't hear the vacuum right in front of her.
on December 23, 2014
I bought this one to replace my Walmart brand "rival". This one wont grind through frozen fruits like my old one did. Rpm's maybe. So I have to add them slowly when I make smoothies. Also had problems with a fresh orange and banana. But after its blended, it does circulate the contents very well and doesn't creat a bubble.
on December 9, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my sister. She loves the glass container. It does a great job blending the carrots and really stout vegetables. However, the lid is difficult for her to take on and off for cleaning. So, if you buy this blender, it's sturdy but may require you to struggle a bit with the lid.
on December 24, 2013
I bought this for its supposed 700w peak power, but in actuality the blender is only 444 watts peak (3.7 peak amps * 120 volts = 444 watts). Not sure of the average power as I didn't get out my ammeter, but this blender is woefully underpowered for my needs. I like to blend raw oats in my protein smoothies, which was no problem for my old Oster blender, but this one left big chunks.

Also, the protein powder gets stuck in the groove between the non-removable rubber gasket and plastic base, making it difficult to clean (I had to get a small rubber spatula to clean it out). Furthermore, there are really only two speeds (low and high). The other two buttons are the same speeds, just on pulse mode.

If you don't have a blender or have a really old blender in need of updating, this one may work for you.

I really wanted to like this blender but I couldn't get past its shortcomings. Fortunately, I was able to fix my old Oster blender, so I'll go back to that for the time being.
on December 28, 2013
It does all you could normally expect from a blender. The only negative is that if the top is pushed on with any firmness, it is very hard to pry it off.
on December 16, 2013
My previous Hamilton Beach blender was on it's way out the door. It was by far the best blender I ever owned - it was only $25 (on sale at my local grocery store) and lasted through 3 years of daily use, sometimes multiple times a day. I got this as a gift for Christmas (yes, I opened it early!) and I absolutely love it! I've only used it twice, but I can say with certainty that it works even better than my old Hamilton Beach blender. I like to make green smoothies for breakfast to get my day started with lots of fresh fruits and veggies on the go. This morning I blended spinach, kale, apple, banana, and orange to a nice smooth consistency in less than a minute, with no pulp to boot - gotta love that! For the price, you can't beat the quality you get from Hamilton Beach. I highly recommend this blender.
on December 4, 2014
I am a light blender user. I blend fruit smoothies about twice a week and only for about 3 minutes each use.

On the second use, the blender began smoking.
I could not believe it, that would make this the fastest a blender has burned out on me.
I then thought the smoke was just in my head. Because, blender motors may be shoddy these days, but not start burning out on the second use. Besides, this blender was well reviewed on Amazon. By the 4th use, the performance was clearly degrading. By the 6th use, the motor just stopped working !
Technical term... 'Kaput !'
So it totally died within 2 months / 6 uses after purchase.
on December 2, 2013
It is designed to chop through ice and frozen fruit to make great smoothies without stopping up. It replaced our old Oster blender and is so far much better. Look at the pictures of the blades and notice that there are blades pointing out to the sides as well as straight up. This helps make the blending much smoother without having to stop and stir. We love it! Granted I have never tried a Vitamix, but for this price you could go through 20 before you reach the cost of a Vitamix.