Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on January 11, 2015
Very good.
Fast shiped
Easy cleaning
A low price
High power
Satisfaction
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 28, 2014
Pros:
- Low price
- Good blending performance
- Good looking
- Container has good quality
- Relatively small

Cons:
- Noisy
- Cap is made of low quality plastic
- Cap fitting mechanism is stupid and not easy to perform
- No safety mechanisms. The engine works as long as it is plugged in.
on June 21, 2015
I have purchased TWO of these blenders in the past three years and they BOTH still work wonderfully. (I only purchased the second because the first was in storage two states away and I didn't have time for a road trip to fetch it.)

I dig the speed options which are basically: 1. low blend 2. high blend 3. low pulse (manual control) 4. high pulse
(The fifth button is "off") These 4 options are all I ever need and both low and high are powerful enough to handle frozen fruit or ice.

There is a special "wave technology" that sort of variates the blend pattern so ice/solid items doesn't avoid getting sucked down into the blending cutters. This doesn't seem to avoid the classic "air bubble" issue I've had with every blender I've ever used; you know the one where an air bubble gets sucked to the bottom and then the blender is just blending air until you stop it and let the air bubble rise to the top. I HAVE discovered this can be avoided by using the "pulse" feature carefully.

Pros: handles daily smoothies (frozen fruit, yogurt, powders, juice, spinach) with ease, easy clean up, great price compared to other similar blenders (probably the best one you can get under $100, imho), solid glass construction, good large size, attractive contemporary design

Cons: I don't really like the small openings in the lid (I always take the lid off to add ingredients), cord is appx 2' (not a problem for me, but maybe for you?).

I really can't think of too many bad things to say about this blender, it is used regularly at my house as smoothies is the breakfast of choice here so I would say very durable and long lasting. I would also add I did a lot of research before I bought my first one and this is a top performer in its class, from other reviews I read, as well as the specifications on wattage/blending power.
on February 13, 2015
you get what you pay for, i purchased this to blend my morning juice it bubbles and doesn't even blend until you mess with it for about 5min. picture says it all
review image
55 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2015
I was looking for a blender to make some simple cocktail and milkshake, but i actually did not have much money to spend on it. After a few research i ended up on this item and i am so happy not to have spent more than 30 dollar on a blende, since this one did perfect cocktails (i used it a few times a week maximum)

To my point of view, this blender is a great option for people looking for a smoothie maker that will not cost hundreds of dollars. When used properly, that means adding liquid to every recipe you put inside, it will be able to blend ice, fruit and vegetables though it will struggle a little bit if you put lots of leafy greens.

This item should be able to make you frozen blended shakes or puree vegetables without any problem.

However, don’t be dumb, this is what i would call « an amateur blender » ; it won’t be able to make nut butter, mix dough or grate coffee beans even though it has those options because the motor doesn’t have enough torque and will burn out if you try.

The key thing to appreciate this product is not expecting a professional level quality from it or performance. If you’re not particular with the consistency of your smoothies but just want something affordable capable of basic blending functions then this machine is a very good choice.

It was a good choice for me as it matches perfectly with what i expected from it.
review image review image
on October 24, 2014
Nice his is a very powerful blender and hence would work well when you blend with bigger quantity. Unfortunately, its speed is disadvantage as well when it comes to small quantity.

We had bought one for preparing our and baby's food. But for small quantity, the food particles stays aside and the blade keeps moving without chopping anything.

Also, the blade is at a little higher level so it does.not chop/blend the food below blade level.

Its very easy to clean and all parts can be cleaned separately.

Overall, this blender is good for big quantity food and does not suit well for small amount. Buy as per your needs.
on March 10, 2014
I hate this blender. I've tried it for a few months now and I have to make a review for it. It is nearly impossible to get frozen fruit and ice to turn into a smoothie. That is what I primarily use it for. Sometimes milkshakes which are also a challenge to get mixed up. You have to add a TON of liquid. I also wish it had a spout because trying to pour out the top is difficult without spilling all over. I usually scoop with a spoon. The blender I had before this was cheap and 10 years old- but I wish I had kept it!
on March 31, 2014
I needed to replace my sixteen year old blender after accidentally burning the plastic cover on the heating element of the dishwasher. At first I thought I would just replace the cover. However, I soon discovered that ordering a new cover would cost me around seventeen dollars for parts and shipping. So I checked out Amazon's prices to replace the whole blender. When I found this Hamilton Beach model for only $24.99, I thought this may be a better way to go. I found some of the negative reviews discouraging, but my sixteen year old blender was also a Hamilton Beach product and had performed very well. My old blender had cost me $29.99 at Sears in 1998 (I saved the receipt). It had 350 watts for power and this new one has 750 watts. Hmmm... I thought it might be too good a deal to be true, but as an Amazon Prime member I decided to give it a try

I have been using my new blender since it arrived last week. I couldn't possibly be more pleased with its performance.
I've used it daily for making smoothies by starting with 1 to 2 cups of liquid (I use kefir milk, which is quite frothy) and have added ingredients such as: chunks of fresh fruit, frozen fruits, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Lastly I add some ice cubes and use the pulsar to crush the ice. It works great! Everything gets sucked down into the whirlpool (Wave blades) and gets blended up into a thickshake consistency. Yum!

Yes, the cover does fit tightly, which some reviewers complained about. I found the tight fit to be an advantage.I don't have to stand there holding down the cover as I did with my old blender, otherwise the ingredients might come whipping out all over the place.
I also have arthritis in my fingers and putting the cover on and off this blender has been no problem at all for me. The cover has two thick tabs, one on either side, to make pushing or pulling the cover on or off quite easy.

Furthermore, I have not noticed any strange odors when the blender is operating and it runs a bit quieter than my old blender.
Also, everything comes apart easily for cleaning.

For a basic kitchen blender, this product really "gets the job done!" I highly recommend it.
on March 22, 2014
Most of the reviews are caught up on the value. I have to say it's a good price, but it has some really annoying cons.

Pros:
-Price. I agree for a blender it is a a good price, especially if you need to replace in a hurry.
-Sturdy: It's a good solid glass blending cup. The actual cup it's it the best part.

Cons:
-Non-closing lip at top of blender lid results in overflow: Rather than having the traditional twist on top for people who want to inject fruit into smoothies, they have this dumb lip that never closes correctly. For the size of my shakes it doesn't matter. However, when I have it pretty full or try to clean with soap, it overflows through the lip and all over the counter. Just a stupid design. A few tests would have seen this - who let this go forward? I'd rather just have to pop the top off. The lip should have a much more solid way of closing tight.

-Mixed job with ice: Sometimes ice gets blended nicely. Sometimes I'm left with big chunks. To ensure it gets completely blended sometimes, I need to let it go for a while, which in turn makes the drink quite warm...which defeats the purposes...

-Lid hard to get off: Especially when cold. It can be annoying in the morning to try and pry the lid off after the cup is cold and expanded.

In short: Probably compared to some of these devices like the magic bullet, for single serve it's a pretty good value - mind-boggling engineering errors aside. However, if you run it pretty full, or have to crush a lot of ice, you will be disappointed. If you have the resources, spend a little more and get something with a good lid. I miss my old blender :(.
on February 18, 2015
If you're looking to make smoothies every day this is not the blender to get. I worked at it for a little over a month and it was just an ordeal to get smoothie blended. I switched to a Ninja that I bought at Costco for $100 and haven't looked back since. The Ninja has worked great from day 1. Don't waste your time with the Hamilton if you're making fruit and vegetable smoothies like I do. You'll only get frustrated.