Questions & Answers
Hamilton Beach 33262 Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker
by Hamilton Beach
4.4 out of 5 stars (351)
$47.96
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 39 questions
votes
cook turkey breast Dec 22, 2013
Ok, coming from one who cooks.....a lot, exactly what are you looking for? Yes it will cook a turkey breast. Marinade your breast in a mix of around a gallon of chicken stock, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2/3rd cup of salt for about 8-10 hours. After the marinade place the breast with about 2 cups of the marinade in the crock pot. Season with a little salt, pepper and I prefer McCormick's Italian Seasoning on the breast. Run on high for about 7 hours. Check internal temp center of breast one side or the other and it should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit. One of the other little things I do and not everybody does this but I inject melted butter mixed with onion powder into each breast portion. This works for me but not for others who are afraid of butter. This will help keep the breast tender and very tasty. The remaining mix of marinade and cooked turkey can help to make the gravy (you only use a few tablespoons of the liquid not the whole amount as the salt factor would overwhelm the gravy) I prefer to marinade before I go to bed then start the cooking before I go to work so when I get home everything is done turkey wise.
Dec 22, 2013 by patrick k perkinson
vote
Hamilton Beach website would have the best answer. The top couldn't take the higher heat at it has a rubber gasket. Don't think oven to liner for the crockpot would be a problem but you would have to wait a while for it to cool down enough to hold the lid. So best bet go to the website for their answer.
Nov 19, 2013 by patrick k perkinson
vote
No program, no timer. It is a basic unit. We bought it because it is one of the only ones without programming that still has a "warm" setting, which is critical to its use.
Jun 16, 2014 by Big Dog Louie
vote
Definitely is a ceramic insert as is typical on many slow cookers. This has been a great slow cooker for me btw. The heat settings are appropriately modulated so that they are not too low or too high IMO.
Mar 15, 2014 by Samus Aran
votes
No. It doesn't work like an oven. And any slow cooker recipe will specify to cook on low, medium or high for a specific amount of hours.
Dec 16, 2013 by shoequeen
votes
Hinged? The lid is totally separate but the clamps by the handles come down over knobs on the top of the lid to seal...
May 5, 2013 by Faye Hollidaye
votes
No! I believe it is likely to build up too much pressure if sealed. I do think the gasket keeps food moist but the side clips are in the way.
Oct 19, 2014 by C. Blouke
votes
I have found you can just adjust the heat to the middle rather than highest setting or adjust time.
Jan 2, 2014 by Charles Lyons, Ph.D.
votes
Made in China, of course, and unfortunately so in my opinion. Do stay AWAY from the slow cooker from Sur la Table. It, too, is made in China and costs a TON more. Worse, the non-stick interior from the Sur la Table unit chips and peels after very short usage according to the reviews. Good luck. We did a lot of shopping. Our cooker has performed excellently for many meals.
Jun 16, 2013 by James Morrison
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers