Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach 64695 Power Deluxe Hand/Stand Mixer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 24, 2002
I have to agree with the review "Awful". I recently got this as a gift. Since it came with dough hooks I used it to knead my bread dough. The mixer did a fine job for nearly 5 minutes. Then it started to struggle and smoke started coming out of it.
It is nice to have an inexpensive stand mixer, but I wouldn't recommend using it for anything but cake batter. Throw away the dough hooks, they will only kill it.
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2005
I seldom write reviews, but I really feel like I should warn people who might be considering this. I wish I had saved my $45.00 dollars and put it toward a Kitchenaid.

I can't even mash potatoes with this mixer! There are so many potato chunks that don't get mixed in because the beaters don't reach down into the bowl far enough. Same with cake batter. I can't even imagine trying to do bread dough with this.

Please save your money and buy a better mixer! I wish I had researched these machines better. I just saw it for a good price and picked it up.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2002
I loved this thing when I first got it. It did what it was supposed to do, but I burned it out in about two weeks after using it maybe ten times. I only have one speed left(slow) so now it is little more than useless.
on December 12, 2003
I got this unit about a year ago because I was tired of having to stand over the bowl the whole time I was beating or mixing something. I have used it about a dozen times since, mainly for things like banana bread, muffins and whipping cream, and have become irritated with several design flaws. The bottom of the beaters don't come down low enough, relative to the size of the bowl, for small quantities. So if you just want to beat a half pint of heavy cream, for example, you still have to detach the head and stand over it. And it is very awkward getting that head part off, especially while the beaters are moving. It is also awkward to get at the button that releases and lifts the head. And yes, the damn cord gets in the way a lot. However, since the better models are quite a bit more expensive, this one is still the best choice for my limited needs. It works very well when making larger batches of batter, and even with the whipping cream, once it gets going you can re-attach the head and walk away from it. I have not had any problems with the quality, especially given it's low price. And I really like the large bowl.
on November 30, 2006
This is a hand mixer that comes with a stand, it should not be compared with a stand mixer. This mixer is the same as the 62695R hamilton Beach hand mixer that has great reviews. The proble is when people try to use it as a stand mixer and find that it is not strong enough. It is great to do those tasks that you normally would do with a hand mixet that take a long time to mix, like when whipping cream, making egg whites, making merengue. The rest of the time you have a great hand mixer, and you can use the bowl for your mixing needs.
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2002
I got this for Christmas a year ago and I was really looking forward to using it because I really like to cook. Wow.. was I ever disappointed. This thing is a piece of junk. The cord gets in the way all the time, you can smell the motor when you've been using it heavily and it's so lightweight, you have to be really careful that it doesn't slide off the counter. Spend the money on a good mixer.. this one just doesn't cut it.
on September 7, 2004
I am returning this mixer after using it once. It takes quite a bit of scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to get everything mixed in, and the stand is so lightweight, it moves across the counter as you're scraping. Moving the shifting lever does the same thing. The mixer lockdown button is inconveniently placed and awkward to push. Right out of the box, I could not get the mixer to stay on the stand and had to manually push the spring loaded button from the underside of the stand. You can not see the beater release button with the mixer in the up position without turning the mixer around to the side. On any setting other than the lowest, there is a painful to the ears high pitched whine from the motor. For my limited needs, I will probably go back to a Kitchen Aid hand mixer.
on January 19, 2004
I bought the mixer as a Christmas gift and I was very disappointed in the quality of the mixer. It is so light weight and flimsy that it does not do a good job with something as simple as a cake mix. The beaters do not touch the bottom of the bowl and you have to keep using a spoon to get it to mix good. Might work ok as a hand mixer but not on the stand. I read all the other reviews and still bought it against my better judgement.
on March 10, 2002
This mixer combines the ability of a higher-priced brand with the economy that anyone can afford. The dough hooks make bread and other creations easy to make, and the portability makes using this mixer a breeze.
The added attraction of a "burst" button makes mixing a snap. When the batter gets a bit too hard, simply push a button and gain a little more power to get through it.
All-in-all, a wonderful machine. Puts the power of grandmaster cooking into your kitchen, and not at a grandmaster price.
on August 12, 2007
After a surprising amount of product research for a mixer I purchased this one and I must say after reading tons of reviews on mixers of all things this one clearly beat the rest. I must say this mixer has met all expectations so far, and the stand feature is an excellent bonus. Other reviews seemed concerned that the mixers don't reach the bottom of the bowl, I don't really see how they could be much lower as my guess is they are only a quarter or half inch from the bottom. If you were mixing something thick for a long time the hands free feature would far outweigh the occaional scoop with a rubber spatula. The motor has a nice strong healthy sound, and the product itself has a nice solid feel. I'm a guy just starting to play around with cooking, and I think buying this was a good first step in outfitting a quality food prep kitchen.