5.0 out of 5 stars One of the cheapest juicer's on the market
Published on April 16, 2012 by Kazoo Iwamoto

3.0 out of 5 stars good performance for the money
i've used the juicer on apples, carrots, grapes, cucumbers, lettuce, parsley, spinach, kale, ginger, lemons, oranges, limes, tomatoes, bananas, and pears. seems to perform better on the "crunchy" fruits and veggies although i was surprised how well the bananas did. often i run the pulp through again to extract more juice because it seems damp (not wet) most runs...
Published on April 20, 2012 by V. Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the cheapest juicer's on the market, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 67608 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
Like many people, I was inspired by the "Fat sick and nearly dead" documentary. I can not compare it to other juicers as this is my first and only one I own. I did do a lot of research however, and for what its worth, the Hamilton is one of the cheapest ones on the market. Will a extra $200 get you a better juicer? I do not know, however this does get the job done, very well.

I have so far juiced, carrots, apples, ginger roots, celery, kale, broccoli, lemons/limes, spinach, and mango. All produce varying amounts of juice, but for the most part the pulp that comes out is pretty dry. I have re-juiced the pulp to see if I get more anything but I get a few drips out of it at most and do not find it worthwhile.

The one issue I have with this however is cleaning the metal centrifuge thing is a pain in the rear. It comes with a brush and it really is the only thing that can clean it. The rest of the plastic that comes in contact with juice or pulp is dishwasher safe, but if you don't clean it immediately it is pretty ineffective. My tip is to hand clean it RIGHT AFTER you juice. If you leave anything with pulp on it, it will make cleaning 10 times harder. I guess my only other thing is, due to the height of the machine, the cup that catches the juice is some what small. I make anywhere from 1-2 quarts of juice at a time so I have to dump the juice into a pitcher a few times.

Another tip: if you line the pulp collector with a plastic (grocery) bag, you don't even have to clean that thing at all.

All in all, if you want a great juicer but don't want to spend the big bucks (>$200) this is the way to go. Just know that with healthy choices, comes cleaning chores.

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Juicing, December 31, 2011
Went sisters to visit she had a Jack LeLane Style juicer. I loved the idea of juicing and wanted one. Looked on consumer reports and Big mouth was rated full red circle. Better than more expensive ones. Found for $58. Very happy with amount of juice, ease of clean-up, speed of juicer. It has never gone off balance from too much pulp. BTW feed the pulp to my dog daily. I feel like we are both healthier. Only thing I would do differently is to get the model that has the metal side clamps. Mine has plastic side clamps. Which have not broken but when taken apart but stick out to the sides, so could easily get hit and snap. Biggest complaint was delivery and order prosessing. Didn't even get processed for 5 days and took most of the 10 days to recieve. Did standard shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as a Breville, April 29, 2012
We were able to borrow a Breville from a co-worker when we first started juicing to determine what we thought of it. We then bought this juicer. I cannot see a noticeable difference. In fact, I like it much better because you can put a bag into the waste bin of it and halve your clean-up time! I think its really easy to clean and makes great juice! We have had it for almost 5 months and are very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Juicer, March 8, 2013
I have used this juicer for over 10 years and the reason is because it is easy to use and it has a strong motor. I have been juicing for over 26 years and strongly believe that everyone shoud have access to the wonderful benefits of juicing. This juicer makes it possible for those who don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a juicer. Yes it's loud, so what. The noise assists me in waking up the kids early in the morning. If you want an affordable, strong juicer I highly recommend this product. It juices ginger root with ease and the clean up is EASY, EASY, EASY. It takes 1 minute to assemble, 7 minutes for me to juice my fresh vegetables and 2 minutes to clean up. 10 minutes juiced and ready to go!!!! LOVE THIS JUICER!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT NOW I LOST 55LBS IN 60 DAYS ON A JUICE FAST USING THIS JUICER, December 17, 2013
Get it now! Really I watched Fat Sick & Nearly Dead & decided to do the 60 Day Juice Fast & I literally saved my life. I had a 2 mini strokes at the age of 23 with Hypertension Stage 2 and Diabetes. I needed a really good juicer & saw some great reviews about this 1 it was also a lot cheaper than others and performs the same. After 10 days I lost 15lbs in a month 30lbs & after 60 days I am no longer a diabetic I don't take any HBP meds & I have lost 63lbs total.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works For Me, March 15, 2012
I bought this juicer to replace an older Hamilton Beach product that worked well for more than 8 years. That older juicer actually still works. The only reason I purchased the "Big Mouth Juice Extractor" is as its name implies, it has an extra wide mouth to accept the fruits and vegetables without having to do much cutting and dicing required by the older model. It is also a much more powerful unit. With all that power (800 watts) it is noisy, about the same noise level as a standard vacuum cleaner. For me, the noise level was expected and is not at all an issue. Juice output is good, it does not leave the pulp as dry as a 500 dollar juicer, then again this unit is under 60 dollars. As an example of juice output: 2 medium apples, 3 oranges peeled to the white pulp, and 6 medium carrots will yield about a quart of juice. There is some foaming, considering the speed of the spinning strainer, but most of the foam eventually settles down in a minute or two. Performance wise, it takes less than 1 minute to juice the mentioned items. Cleaning is also easy; a cleaning brush for the spinning strainer is included. I strongly recommend cleaning the spinning strainer as soon as you are done juicing.
I only juice fruits and some vegetables, so I can't give a perspective on juicing anything else. I suspect that juicing grass, leaves, cabbage, seaweed and the like would be best done by a masticating juicer. Overall, for my personal needs, I consider the Big Mouth Juicer a bargain for the price. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with similar juicing requirements.

3.0 out of 5 stars good performance for the money, April 20, 2012

easy to take apart/put together and nice that all the plastic parts are dish-washable. the grate is hard to clean even after following the manual instructions to soak in hot, soapy water for 10 minutes. that's just the nature of any juicer though.

i can probably prep veggies, juice, soak, and clean the unit in 40 minutes. is that a long time? compared to the drive-thru, maybe, but you're probably better off juicing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 23, 2012
I did a ton of research on juicers and was almost convinced that I needed to spend $300 to get a quality juicer. I happened on a review for this juicer and took the plunge. I have nothing to compare this juicer to, but it really does a great job. I have been juicing now for a week, every day, sometimes twice a day. This juicer hasn't skipped a beat. The best thing about it is the simplicity of use. There are 4 basic parts that are easy to clean, and I took the advice of other owners and used a bag in the discard cup, and clean up was a cinch. I now take some of the discards and throw them in my juice for an even healthier drink/meal. I can't recommend this juicer enough. Good job Hamilton Beach for making an affordable quality juicer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Juicer, February 3, 2012
I did a little research before buying. It's not the fanciest juicer and probably isn't the best, but for what it costs, it's a good juicer. It's easy to put together, easy to use and clean up isn't a pain in the rear. I would recommend this product to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Machine, January 13, 2012
Excellent Machine for Fruits and Vegetables,easy to cleaning and Assemble.will recommend to anyone,I used every day for my Mother,the delivery was very fast.

Hamilton Beach 67608 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Stainless Steel