Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$38.99+ $18.68 shipping

on April 16, 2012
Like many people, I was inspired by the "Fat sick and nearly dead" documentary. I can not compare it to other juicers as this is my first and only one I own. I did do a lot of research however, and for what its worth, the Hamilton is one of the cheapest ones on the market. Will a extra $200 get you a better juicer? I do not know, however this does get the job done, very well.

I have so far juiced, carrots, apples, ginger roots, celery, kale, broccoli, lemons/limes, spinach, and mango. All produce varying amounts of juice, but for the most part the pulp that comes out is pretty dry. I have re-juiced the pulp to see if I get more anything but I get a few drips out of it at most and do not find it worthwhile.

The one issue I have with this however is cleaning the metal centrifuge thing is a pain in the rear. It comes with a brush and it really is the only thing that can clean it. The rest of the plastic that comes in contact with juice or pulp is dishwasher safe, but if you don't clean it immediately it is pretty ineffective. My tip is to hand clean it RIGHT AFTER you juice. If you leave anything with pulp on it, it will make cleaning 10 times harder. I guess my only other thing is, due to the height of the machine, the cup that catches the juice is some what small. I make anywhere from 1-2 quarts of juice at a time so I have to dump the juice into a pitcher a few times.

Another tip: if you line the pulp collector with a plastic (grocery) bag, you don't even have to clean that thing at all.

All in all, if you want a great juicer but don't want to spend the big bucks (>$200) this is the way to go. Just know that with healthy choices, comes cleaning chores.
88 comments|720 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2011
Went sisters to visit she had a Jack LeLane Style juicer. I loved the idea of juicing and wanted one. Looked on consumer reports and Big mouth was rated full red circle. Better than more expensive ones. Found for $58. Very happy with amount of juice, ease of clean-up, speed of juicer. It has never gone off balance from too much pulp. BTW feed the pulp to my dog daily. I feel like we are both healthier. Only thing I would do differently is to get the model that has the metal side clamps. Mine has plastic side clamps. Which have not broken but when taken apart but stick out to the sides, so could easily get hit and snap. Biggest complaint was delivery and order prosessing. Didn't even get processed for 5 days and took most of the 10 days to recieve. Did standard shipping.
1111 comments|241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2013
Get it now! Really I watched Fat Sick & Nearly Dead & decided to do the 60 Day Juice Fast & I literally saved my life. I had a 2 mini strokes at the age of 23 with Hypertension Stage 2 and Diabetes. I needed a really good juicer & saw some great reviews about this 1 it was also a lot cheaper than others and performs the same. After 10 days I lost 15lbs in a month 30lbs & after 60 days I am no longer a diabetic I don't take any HBP meds & I have lost 63lbs total.
88 comments|134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
I have used this juicer for over 10 years and the reason is because it is easy to use and it has a strong motor. I have been juicing for over 26 years and strongly believe that everyone shoud have access to the wonderful benefits of juicing. This juicer makes it possible for those who don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a juicer. Yes it's loud, so what. The noise assists me in waking up the kids early in the morning. If you want an affordable, strong juicer I highly recommend this product. It juices ginger root with ease and the clean up is EASY, EASY, EASY. It takes 1 minute to assemble, 7 minutes for me to juice my fresh vegetables and 2 minutes to clean up. 10 minutes juiced and ready to go!!!! LOVE THIS JUICER!!!!
11 comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2012
We were able to borrow a Breville from a co-worker when we first started juicing to determine what we thought of it. We then bought this juicer. I cannot see a noticeable difference. In fact, I like it much better because you can put a bag into the waste bin of it and halve your clean-up time! I think its really easy to clean and makes great juice! We have had it for almost 5 months and are very impressed.
0Comment|225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
I am one of countless people who saw the documentary " Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", and then jumped onto the juice wagon. The cost for most other juicers was pretty shocking. I did a LOT of research.....I read reviews, reports, watched youtube video reviews, comparisons, and demonstrations. It seemed too good to be true that much of what I read said that this $50 juicer was comparable to a $300 Breville. I finally decided to try it out, and heck, if it was not that great I could invest in a more expensive one later. That was four months ago, and the juicer is still doing it's job great----I have been very happy with it. A friend of mine has the top-of the line breville with all the bells and whistles, and we make several of the same recipes.....yet I get many more ounces of juice then she does. I actually use half the ingredient amounts of the standard mean-green recipe and get 24 ounces of juice, where as my friend with the breville uses the full ingredients and often gets less ounces. So this saves me money on produce as well.

Overall, if you are new to juicing and fear that it is too expensive for you to get a juicer-----you really do not need the expensive breville! This machine will do what you need! I juice everything in it----greens, root veggies, berries etc.....and it gets the job done.

The only negatives is that the little pitcher it gives you is only 20 ounces, yet many juice combos produce more juice then that. So I use a pitcher bowl under it, or a 32 oz mason jar. I also like to slide a vinyl cutting board under it to reduce vibration/ movement, and to catch any drips. It also only has one speed, but I really have not had a problem with that, and have been able to juice all types of produce without any problems. Additionally, I found the mesh part scrubs up really fast if I use the spray setting on my faucet.

Happy juicing!
review image
on July 4, 2012
Context: I have never had a juicer before, and I am not doing the "juicing" that people do where they do it every day. I just got one to make delicious healthy beverages and only plan to use it once a week or so.

I've used it just a few times and so far I have juiced a wide variety of fruits and veggies. You don't need to cut them up much; in fact, I have found if I do cut them up they don't juice as well. Obviously you have to cut them small enough to fit them through the chute if they are bigger than the chute (like a big melon), but the chute is pretty big. You can definitely put most stuff in there whole. I haven't tried a whole apple yet because I want to core the apple and i don't have a corer, but I've put whole cucumbers, celery, zucchini, kale, carrots, ginger, etc etc. all worked fine and got a lot of juice with a fine, dry pulp left behind. The only fruit that was a little problem was melons - I removed the skin and so the melons were very slippery and kind of flew out of the hopper in large pieces in some cases, so I did put them through again and got more juice.

Some tips for use:
Vibrating cup: the machine and the container where the pulp goes all fit together nicely, but the cup just sits there under the spout. Since the machine does vibrate a little, I found putting a silicone trivet underneath the cup was ideal so it doesn't vibrate away from the machine.

Pulp container: It's good to keep the pulp so you can use it in recipes, etc. and not too hard to scoop it out with a silicone scraper, but I have found that you can reuse the plastic bags that produce come in (if they are clean) to line the container, then pull it out and stick in the freezer or fridge. Remember you should use it up within a couple of days if you don't freeze it.

Clean the thing right away - the fine pulp comes right out of the parts with the brush if you do it when wet.

Side note: People say the pulp doesn't have any nutrition, but that's not true. It definitely has fiber and can be added to baking or sauces. It also retains some other nutrients. Ask your local nutritionist before believing the internets. :)
review image
on March 15, 2012
I bought this juicer to replace an older Hamilton Beach product that worked well for more than 8 years. That older juicer actually still works. The only reason I purchased the "Big Mouth Juice Extractor" is as its name implies, it has an extra wide mouth to accept the fruits and vegetables without having to do much cutting and dicing required by the older model. It is also a much more powerful unit. With all that power (800 watts) it is noisy, about the same noise level as a standard vacuum cleaner. For me, the noise level was expected and is not at all an issue. Juice output is good, it does not leave the pulp as dry as a 500 dollar juicer, then again this unit is under 60 dollars. As an example of juice output: 2 medium apples, 3 oranges peeled to the white pulp, and 6 medium carrots will yield about a quart of juice. There is some foaming, considering the speed of the spinning strainer, but most of the foam eventually settles down in a minute or two. Performance wise, it takes less than 1 minute to juice the mentioned items. Cleaning is also easy; a cleaning brush for the spinning strainer is included. I strongly recommend cleaning the spinning strainer as soon as you are done juicing.
I only juice fruits and some vegetables, so I can't give a perspective on juicing anything else. I suspect that juicing grass, leaves, cabbage, seaweed and the like would be best done by a masticating juicer. Overall, for my personal needs, I consider the Big Mouth Juicer a bargain for the price. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with similar juicing requirements.
0Comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
Excellent Machine for Fruits and Vegetables,easy to cleaning and Assemble.will recommend to anyone,I used every day for my Mother,the delivery was very fast.
on February 3, 2012
I did a little research before buying. It's not the fanciest juicer and probably isn't the best, but for what it costs, it's a good juicer. It's easy to put together, easy to use and clean up isn't a pain in the rear. I would recommend this product to a friend.