5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Drinkmaster
Published on March 28, 2003 by blueangel

1.0 out of 5 stars ahh...the word "plastic" might be helpful
Published on June 18, 2006 by JOHN ANDERSON

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Drinkmaster, March 28, 2003
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 730C Classic DrinkMaster Drink Mixer, Chrome (Kitchen)
I bought this drink mixer because I love to make milk shakes and other kinds of frozen drinks. I did read the reviews first and noticed that there were a lot of negative reviews. I decided to try the mixer anyway, and decided that if it couldn't handle ice cream and the such that I would simply use it for powdered drinks. I received it in the mail yesterday and make a chocolate shake today. I was really shocked by the amount of power that this machine had. I filled the cup about two thirds full and started the machine. At first, I thought that I was on the high setting because of the amount of power. So I tried the next setting. This one actually caused the cup to overflow because of the power. I do not know if they replaced the motor or what Hamilton Beach did, but the machine definately exceeds my expectations. I would highly recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars ahh...the word "plastic" might be helpful, June 18, 2006
I'm an idiot for not reading the product description more carefully, but usually the word "chrome" implies I'm buying something made of metal. This p.o.s. on the other hand is made entirely of chrome colored plastic. The only thing metal in the box is the cup (which coincidentally is the least important part of the whole unit). The tip of the mixer rod is also made of plastic. It will not crush ice. If you want a serious mixer, either go to your local restaurant supply (the smart move) or buy a Waring.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toothpick for a mixer, February 1, 2006
I was excited about the thought of using a nostalgic chrome mixer for ice cream shakes. Unfortunately, this product has the strength and blending power of a toothpick. The mixer wand is about 1 inch in diameter and made of very cheap plastic. It doesn't mix ice cream worth a dime... This is the first product I've ever had to return to Amazon. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars stick with a blender, May 27, 2004
By A Customer
I got this mixer for christmas and was so excited. We make milkshakes several times a week and I thought the mixer would be great. It sucked. Like every other review says, it makes a hole in the middle of the ice cream and then the cup just spins. I probably only used it a dozen times and then went back to the blender. Then i decided to give it another chance, and the motor started sounding like it was shifting gears. The low gear sounded like weed whacker. If i knew where the box was, I would send it back to the company.

2.0 out of 5 stars This product is not worth anything!!, November 17, 2005
Its made of plastic which is not poerful. It spills the drink you are trying to make and is really messy. It dusnt blend much at all and takes a lot of effort to clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., November 13, 2001
John Stagaman (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered one and returned it the day after it arrived. The unit is flimsy and very lightwieght. For very light mixing it might be OK. I upgraded to a Waring Drink Mixer. Yeah, it's more expensive, but it's base is cast metal, it's sturdy, and it's motor easily outclasses the Hamilton Beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I ever get along without it?, October 13, 2000
Roger Stuart (Cape Coral, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I bought a drinkmaster to mix my breakfast drinks, fiber powder and medications with orange juice to make it more palitable. It works like a charm! I bought model 727WS which is a bargian and came with a superior ice cream scoop that won't let the ice cream to stick to it. Cleanup is a snamp! Say goodbye to the blender in most cases. I use it several times a day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but rather weak, July 6, 2002
John (United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this blender/mixer a month ago and have used it 15 times. ...Amazon.com and other places frequently have this thing on sale for ..., which is what I paid for it. I like to make milk shakes (BIG milk shakes), but this blender can't handle that too well. The motor is most definitely underpowered.
When I make a milk shake I like to use a lot of ice cream with very very little milk. I like to make a 24oz milk shake, and since the mixing cup can only fit so much and the blender can only handle so much I have to split it up into two(basically make two milk shakes then poor them into one cup). I only use an ounce or two of milk for a 24oz shake and when I start mixing it the motor starts smelling like burning metal. It can't handle the stress. So what you have to do is put the ice cream in the mixing cup first and let it sit out for a few minutes, then add the milk. Making a good milk shake with one of these types of blenders is an art. You have to know how to move the mixing cup while blending(which I have figured out, but am not going to take the time to explain here). With the abuse that I am putting this thing through I don't expect it to last much longer, but I don't think it would last even if I was using equal parts of milk and ice cream. I will update this review when it finally does stop working(if Amazon allows that). Also, this Blender IS NOT FOR CRUSHING ICE!!! The blending head is made of plastic, DO NOT USE IT TO CRUSH ICE!!!
Overall, this machine is OK for someone who likes a weak milk shake or for mixing thin drinks, but you'd be better off buying a nice 400watt blender.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great DRINK MIXER, April 23, 2003
By A Customer
I've got the HBDM and I love it. It's a great drink mixer - that's what it tells you it's going to be and that's what it is. When I first read the reviews on this product I was nervous to get it, but I went ahead and man am I glad. This makes great milkshakes and smoothies. It's not a beater - it won't chop up cookies or fruit for you and it tells you that very clearly in the directions. If you smash these up before you put them in you'll be fine, but this is not a blender - it won't crush ice for you.
I use it to make terrific milkshakes - it's fun and easy to use and I can make the shakes as smooth or chunky as I want to. It's easy to clean up and there's no assembly required. Just pull it out of the box and go. If you want to make shakes, egg creams and smoothies this is great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great-and with super memories!, October 15, 2012
Burton Paris (RICHARDSON, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
From a 70 yr old..It is just surprising the number of individuals who complain about problems with this item. It won't do ice cubes, it won't do chunk fruit, it tips, it overflows..etc! Doesn't anyone "read instructions"? Nitwits... This mixer does what is says it does!! And works great! READ>>> Directions!! There is a limit to put in or it will overflow... Crushed ice not cubes... diced/crushed fruit not solid/frozen chunks. This is NOT a blender and won't blend..it is a mixer and mixes. My first job 55 years ago was at a Walgreens fountain. I made shakes and malts..lots of them. This is a home version of the model we used, not heavy duty commercial steel! Want to make 50 - 100+ a day..spend $150+ or more. For protein shakes or with soft ice crème and flavors - this is great. YES - it is chrome looking plastic over frame. Cup is stainless. If you want solid steel commercial use, buy that one. If you follow instructions..this is neat, easy to use and simple to clean up. Always brings back the memories of the old times! Just understand what you want it to do and not do something it isn't designed to do. It shines, is always a conversation starter, and the frothy shakes it mixes are super.. I add some whipped crème and a cherry..for special occasions!

ARRAY(0xa1329abc)