5.0 out of 5 stars finally a winner!
This popper is awesome! It pops a full 1/2 cup and doesn't burn!! It's a little smaller than a stir crazy, but adjust popcorn to 1/2 cup (instead of 2/3) and you're good to go!I have shopped for a replacement for my ancient stir crazy for months. I bought 2 stir crazies and 2 orvilles and returned them all as defective...They don't get hot enough, but this one does.
Published on July 15, 2012 by Gayle Jaquet

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 10-12 uses
I loved this healthy alternative to microwave popcorn. Unfortunately it completely came apart after 10-12 uses :( I bought it for Christmas and now this June the bottom heated layer completely separated from the base.
Published 7 months ago by k

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a winner!, July 15, 2012
Gayle Jaquet (Evergreen, CO USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and easy to clean, November 2, 2011
Jonathan Steinbach (Mt Rainier, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
My wife loves popcorn and we put this Hamilton Beach popper through a workout. We like to use coconut oil and this popper works great with very few unpopped kernels. It takes a couple practice tries to flip it over without losing the cap and getting steamed but design is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah!! A GREAT purchase!!, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
This is a confession: I am a popcorn addict. I eat popcorn SEVERAL times a week (ok, just about every night). My old popper died a few weeks ago, and I've been using the stove/pan method while researching new poppers. Looked at all of them, and decided to take a chance with this popper. It arrived today, and I've already made my first batch. I cooked a 1/2 cup corn w/ 1 TBSP oil, as directed. The corn popped up bigger than the pan method, using much less oil, and I only had 1 unpopped kernel when it was done. I did have a few (8-10) old maids, but only one completely unpopped kernel. I am very happy with this popper! Clean up was a breeze too. Obviously, this review is based on only one use, so if I have any troubles, I'll be back with an update. Thus far, WELL worth the investment!

This is an update, it's now been over two months of continuous usage. I am still VERY happy, and when the day arrives that I need to replace it, I'll get another Hamilton Beach, no questions asked.

One more update: It's now been over a year, and the popper still works great! Still using it several times a week, and not a single problem. This popper is a GREAT BUY!!!

Dec 2014: It is with a very heavy heart that I report the death of my beloved popcorn popper...it only last barely 18 months! It has been 'cooking for over 10 minutes now, and has only popped about 30 kernels...it worked GREAT right up until this batch. Have no idea what happened, but it is now more...would I buy it again? Not sure. I'd prefer having a popper that lasts more than 18 months, but I did enjoy every bowl it made up until now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the Rest, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
I was looking for a replacement for an old school West Bend Stir Fry that I bought at a garage sale. I was so bummed when, after probably 10 years, it finally stopped heating up. I'm a popcorn nut and used it at least once a week, probably a lot more! I got a Back to Basics stir crazy imitation. From the beginning, it didn't work as well as my old one. Most of the time, I was left with MANY unpopped kernels :(

I finally got so frustrated that I threw it out. I picked this one out because other reviews said that it got super hot and they've have very few problems with it. I've had it for about a month now and have been very thankful that it works well! It heats up quickly and gets really hot. The rotating arm isn't too high and alternates rotating in each direction at the end of popping, when it meets resistance. The bowl seems really large and is really deep. It pops my popcorn just how it should and I have been very impressed! I finally found something that, at least for now, is just as good and maybe better than my original!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Popper, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
I have read some negative reviews for this popper that are simply wrong. If you leave the cap on the cover while popping, the cap will warp, exactly as the directions warn. Anyone complaining about this doesn't know how to read instructions.

I mixed 3 to 4 oz. of corn kernels in a small bowl with 1 - 2 tsps. canola oil, so that all are coated, then spread them out on the popping surface, turned on the switch and waited until the popping ended after a few minutes. They were almost all popped. I unplugged the machine, then placed the cap on top of the cover. The handles make it easy to grab to turn over to use the cover as a serving bowl. Add seasoning as desired.

Great little machine

4.0 out of 5 stars It pops popcorn, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
In terms of popping corn it does a fine job. After the first use the cap that is supposed to seal the lip so you can use it as a bowl no longer stays on. No matter how I try the cap pops off immediately making it useless. I will always have to put something under the lid when in bowl use. It's a great idea to just flip the whole unit over and use the lip for a bowl. It's just that the cap design doesn't work. Other than that it works great. It pops all the kernels and is quite fast, three to four minutes. It's easy to clean. If the cap would stay in place it would be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 20, 2012
Patricia Landis (Bar Harbor, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
This is the best popper we ever owned. It is well made, and I have found no cons to it whatsoever!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 10-12 uses, May 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the money!, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
Purchased this pop corn popper for my son and daughter in law and they love it. They said the pop corn was just like the stuff you buy in the movies. It was very easy to use and easy to clean.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of effort, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper (Kitchen)
Terrible design! It gets too hot in the chamber while it is still popping un-popped kernels, so in the end, the popped popcorn tastes very dry and is, frankly, inedible. It's also very easy to burn the popcorn.

The worst part, however, is the design that has you flip over of the entire machine into the "bowl", which is the top clear portion of the machine. This is a fairly heavy device, so if your grip slips, get ready for popcorn everywhere! There is no way to lock the top bowl on to the bottom to prevent this from happening.

Hamilton Beach Popcorn Popper