5.0 out of 5 stars Encore Performance
Published on October 26, 2010 by sister kerryann

I am glad to see that Amazon has corrected the item description about this coffee maker.

Published on August 21, 2010 by B. Stone

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Several Amazon vendors misrepresenting inferior 47455E as top rated 47454!, August 21, 2010
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)

Two vendors on Amazon (Monster Hot Deals and K&M Supplies) were advertising this coffee maker, model #47455E as being a model #47454 that Consumer Reports ranked as their top rated coffee maker. I had to return both shipments. One vendor, Monster Hot Deals sent me an email when I questioned it telling me that they were the same. Be careful when dealing with them.

The model 47455E is a model that was made for Costco to distribute in their stores exclusively (per Hamilton Beach customer service at 800-851-8900) and in fact this model #47455E does not even appear on the Hamilton Beach website as a current model, ([...]).

If you are searching for a model #47454 please call Hamilton Beach customer service before purchasing this inferior model, #47455E.

I did finally find the real model #47454 and am just loving it. Drinking a yummy cup of coffee as I type this.

Once again, thank you to Amazon for correcting the item description and model # in the ad so that others can clearly see what they are purchasing and not be misled as I was by MonsterHotDeals and K&M Supplies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encore Performance, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
I love the Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe. The coffee gets hot and stays hot without any burnt or bitter taste. There is no carafe to break and replace, and break and replace, and break and so on. It's tall and narrow, so it doesn't take a lot of counter space like its less expensive standard Brewstation cousin, and it has a nice look. And you can set the timer to keep the coffee hot for four hours, also unlike the standard Brewstation (which is important when you have a predawn-rising spouse!).This is the second time I've bought this item, and thought I'd try the less-expensive version instead -- it's now collecting dust in storage because of the reasons I've just mentioned. You do have to be careful when cleaning it that no grounds get stuck under the gasket in the "carafe" causing it to leak and drip, but other than that, we got three great years out of our first one before we started getting that old, stale coffee taste. Just keep it clean, run vinegar through it occasionally, and I know you'll be satisfied with this coffee maker.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it a lot - so far...., December 19, 2009
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
I really like this machine. I like the design, the convenience and the coffee it makes, BUT...I bought one of these a few years ago and loved it - until it started leaking. There were several times that I'd start it brewing, come back 10 minutes later and find coffee all over the counter and floor. I cleaned the valve regularly and still had the problem. I bought a different machine after that one, but didn't like it nearly as well. So I'm taking a chance again...making sure to keep it clean to that nothing accumulates that could make the valve stick. It's only been about 6 weeks, but I haven't had any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't miss my Cuisinart, November 8, 2010
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
We had a Cuisinart coffee maker that quit working recently after about 5 years. I liked the carafe-less design on it but we're on a tight budget so didn't want to spend the $100+ that a new one would run. My husband has a 4 cup version of this hamilton Beach at work that he convinced me worked really well and brewed great tasting decaf coffee. When I found this, I decided it was worth a try especially for the price.

We've had it for 3 months now and I love it. I don't miss my Cuisinart. The brew time is about 7 minutes for a full pot (12 cups). I don't know what temperature the water reaches while brewing - the coffee tastes great.

It is also quieter than the Cuisinart was and does not beep at the end of the brew cycle. I know some prefer having a beep, but the less obnoxious beeping things in my life, the better. The 1-4 cup option is good during the week when I am making a smaller pot for just myself. Although it has an option to keep the pot on for 4 hours, I've found that the 2 hour option is just right. The coffee still tastes good after 2 hours. At 3 hours, it was ok. At 4 hours, it didn't taste burnt, but it was definitely bitter.

The one feature that did not add to the flavor ironically is the Flavorful button. It seemed like it just made the brew time twice as long and extracted more of the less desirable flavors of the coffee.

I know it is important for the temperature of the water to be just right and the brew time to be about 6 minutes for great tasting coffee. I also know that using freshly ground coffee is best. BUT here's the thing, I don't want to wake my kids up at 5 am using a coffee grinder, and generally when I wake up in the morning, I like to be lazy and just reach for my mug and fill it from a pre-programmed already brewed pot. Those are the factors that I am using for this review. So if you are a real coffee connoiseur and want that fresh ground, perfect temp water, perfect timed brew, this may not live up to your expectations. If you're like me and are super busy during the week and program your coffee maker the night before and use pre-ground coffee, this machine does a wonderful job of brewing a good tasting hot cup of coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great except the eventual leakage, December 5, 2008
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
I have bought 3 of these. I love that it has no carafe! Only problem is that they have all eventually leaked. I think there should be a recall on the mechanism that releases the coffee into your cup, but until that happens, as much as I have loved this coffee maker, I will not buy another one!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware it Breaks, January 29, 2009
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
This is our third machine and it's the last Hamilton Beach product we'll ever buy. The dispenser always breaks, each and every time. They don't have parts even though it's an easy fix. For this price I want better quality.

This last time they offered to replace the coffee maker for a 49.95 restocking fee plus we have to pay to ship the electrical cord back after we follow their cut-it-up instructions. Seriously, a 49.95 restocking fee. Someone must carry it around the warehouse on a velvet pillow. They've lost a customer for good this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid upgrade to the original Brew Station, November 27, 2010
Chris (Macon, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
We owned the original Brew Station that came out 5 years or so ago. It never leaked, was easy to use, and made great tasting hot coffee. This is a great upgrade in many ways to the original:
- Still makes great tasting hot coffee
- Easy to use
- Rollers on the bottom makes filling the reservoir even easier

All in all, a great upgrade to an already great coffee maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars return customer, October 1, 2010
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
I love this coffee maker. I bought it my second year of college and used for 5 years until I moved overseas and had to leave it behind. It still worked as great as the day I got it and I plan to buy a new one very soon.

The re-usable filter does get a bit grimy after several years of everyday use, but with regular washing of both the filter basket and the coffee maker it doesn't become an issue.

Makes a full "pot" of coffee very quickly, is extremely easy to use and keeps the coffee tasting fresh while keeping it hot -unlike many other coffee makers that produce stale coffee after only a short period on a burner. Easily the best coffee maker I've ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cup of Coffee, April 16, 2011
A. Fracaro (Oro Valley, AZ usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
Great machine that brews a perfect cup! Elegant design and has an unobtrusive counter-top foot print. Very quiet brew cycle until the last 10 seconds wherein it makes the typical coffee machine hiss and gurgle. I would definitely reHamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Makercommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good..., December 21, 2008
Lee R. Gurr "truleefare" (Spring Creek, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker (Kitchen)
I've been using this coffee maker for a month now, and am happy with it. Despite a few drips of hot water from the dispenser while the coffee is brewing, I've notice no leaks. The coffee tastes good, is hot at the end of the brewing cycle, and stays hot without scorching for the time I set the warmer button. The warmer stayed on after the coffee was gone once (my bad) without any ill effects I can determine. My 2 [small] gripes: it takes longer to brew than my previous [Capresso] unit, and it's kinda noisy. Otherwise, I'm happy with this coffee maker and would order it again. I LOVE the convenience of not having to pull a carafe off the base to pour a cup or top off a cup of coffee!

Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker