Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Multi-Function Blender
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 13, 2013
So far I've made frozen white russians, milk shakes, frappacinos, lasagna sauce and mole sauce. This blender performs GREAT with everything. Chops ice, blends, purees, I really don't know what else anyone wants from a blender. It is not loud, my old blender was at least three times louder. It has plenty of power. It is a beautiful appliance to the eye as well. The only thing I had trouble with was the lid. I had a problem taking the lid off the first few times I used it, but it loosened up slightly with use and is now easier to take off. I guess it's a good thing to have a snug fitting lid on a blender anyway. Yeah, I think this blender is well worth the $30 I paid.
44 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2013
I know what you're expecting from this blender, given the price. Don't be too quick to judge!

While this blender is not one of those several-hundred-dollar, fancy-shmancy, pulverize your keys and silverware blenders, it can make some amazing things for you at home!
There are two different pulse settings, making chopping more evenly a breeze. The milkshake button makes a smooth shake! Ice crushing is no challenge.

No burning motor smells.

Super easy clean-up with a self-cleaning button!
For the price, this blender really has it all!

I love it!
11 comment| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
At 120 volts 3.5 A is 420 watts not 700. The blender seems fine but it is not 700 watts as claimed. (2 Stars)
Update: After using it for a few days I am not as upset about being lied to about the power. It so much quieter than my old blender, a blendtec and every blender they had at home depot. The lid is hard to get off which lead to one of my smoothies ending up on the floor so now I used the little pour spout and take the lip off when it is empty. In all I got a blender that does what I need (reasonably quiet and will make a smoothie) and did not have to pay $400+ for a variable speed vitamix (which on low speed is the only blender I have ever used that might not wake up your room mates or even worse your neighbors.)
33 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
I was scared to try this because of some of the reviews but the price was right and i needed a blender. I could not be more pleased with the way this works. It does everything I want it to. It is fast and easy to clean. the top is a little hard to get on and off but it loosened up with use. I use this everyday. sometimes twice a day for smoothies and LOVE IT. and yes a blender is loud but this is not overly loud. Actually it is on the quiet side for a blender.
Overall... Very Pleased.
on April 20, 2013
I love this blender because it is budget friendly and it gets the job done. My boyfriend and I have been going back and forth between buying a Blendtec or not for the past month. Eventually, I just decided to take a risk and buy this inexpensive blender and give it a try. To our surprise, it worked out well. We’ve had it for about 10 days now and we’ve made so many smoothies. I like that it is easy to clean and there is a smoothie button, which is my personal favorite ☺ The spout on the lid is a very neat feature and I love the overall look of the blender. Now the power cord is kind of short and the lid is kind of hard to remove but with some patience it’s not a big deal to us. Overall, we are very pleased and happy that we saved some money!
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
This blender is powerful and does what it promises. It blends everything, smoothies turn out beautifully. Overall awesome blender at an excellent price. You have to buy this!
on April 8, 2013
I was looking for a good/cheap blender for smoothie making. My last one could barely handle frozen fruit without having a heart attack. This this is great, and super efficient! Love it.
on June 11, 2013
So many blenders to choose from and so many contradicting reviews. Ended up going with Hamilton Beach as I have always had good luck with their products. My primary reason for purchasing this was to replace eggs/toast or cereal in the morning with healthy fruit smoothies. I couldnt be happier with this choice/purchase. The blending container is glass, which I like as it is solid and sturdy. There are multiple blending, chopping, grinding options for any type of mixing. I have only used the "smoothie" button so cannot comment on how the others do. Each and every smoothie has come out perfect. Not a nugget of ice or chunk of unblended fruit. Perfectly delicious everytime! Now, the downside...and its small...is that the lid is a bit difficult to get off. I love this product enough that the lid issue is not worth removing a star but for someone older or a senior, who may not have upper body strength, they may struggle a bit. Otherwise, HIGHLY recommend.
on February 14, 2014
I bought this hoping it would be a step above the cheap big-box store blender which finally died after a few years. Turns out it's pretty much the same. The base feels like cheap plastic. The "stainless steel" elements are cheaply applied and the area behind the buttons is just a sticker. The buttons rattle and there is no dedicated "off" button, both of the pulse buttons function as off buttons. Aesthetics and interface aside, it works about as well as other cheap blenders. I'm not convinced of the "wave-action system", as it seems that any mixture that is even slightly too thick will just develop a pocket of air at the blades which will just spin freely.
on May 1, 2014
I picked this blender looking for a cheap blender for my family's use, The blender does not crush ice very well at all and I have had to adjust my recipes to handle it. The lack of an off button makes for some near misses as well.