5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased
Published on July 27, 2012 by Dana

3.0 out of 5 stars A+ design, C+ toasting
I really like the look and feel of this toaster. Nice brushed stainless body, feels heavy and well-built mechanically.

Published on April 5, 2011 by Milesman

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Hamilton Beach 2 Slice Metal Toaster, Candy Apple Red (Kitchen)
Read many reviews on this toaster but it seems everyone was just happy with the way it looked on their countertop because of the beautiful red color. I decided to give it a try after researching toasters for three months and I have to say this is by far the best toaster I have ever owned. Have cooked frozen waffles and toast both turned out very nice, also english muffins turn out very well. Very pleased would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even toast, removable crumb tray., March 30, 2010
T. R. Kasprzyk (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This toaster does everything we want and looks very nice. The toast comes out evenly on both sides. After the cycle is done, the bread is a little recessed in the slots keeping it nice and warm until you use the lever to raise it up. The crumb tray pulls all the way out for easy cleaning. Bagel and frozen settings work great, too. Toaster is used every day by 3 heavy bread consumers and everyone likes it. Brushed stainless looks great and doesn't show fingerprints. Note: the outside surface does get warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it at Costco, April 19, 2011
This is a great toaster. I was a little wary of buying it after reading some of the reviews but it works great, so far. Yes, it only toasts the bagel on one side, it's supposed too. It says it on the box and in the instructions. We bought it so Belgian size waffles would fit. However, I would advise those belonging to Costco to buy it there. We got it for $19.99 and Amazon's price is significantly more.

UPDATE! 3/23/2013, still works great and it's still cheaper at Costco!

3.0 out of 5 stars A+ design, C+ toasting, April 5, 2011
Milesman (Redwood City, CA United States) - See all my reviews

But the sucker just ain't that great at toasting bread. Even on the highest setting, usually have to double-toast to get it golden-brown. It tends to brown the edges, sometimes burn them, while the center of the slices are still white or only just barely tan. One side tends to gets toasted way more than the other.

They need to upgrade this toaster's heating elements to give more heat, so that you can get normal golden-brown toast out of a "medium" dial setting, and dark-brown out of the "max" setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, June 28, 2010
After being disappointed with all the cheap toasters available in the local places (Target, WalMart), I researched toasters and am happy with this one. Browns both sides perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but...., February 5, 2013
In my never-ending search for a toaster that actually makes toast, I purchased this sleek beauty on the basis of several positive reviews. It does make good toast - however - only after you put the bread in for 2 full cycles at the highest number on the dial (5). So I'm living with it for now.
It continues to baffle me how in this technological age no manufacturer seems to be able to make a toaster that can make toast as well as the old Toastmasters from the 1940s and 1950s. I remember the vintage toaster at my family's camp, that made perfect golden brown toast every time, in a short amount of time. Today's toasters take forever and most don't even brown the bread. I'd seriously like to know from a manufacturer what the problem is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaster, December 9, 2011
The toaster has performed perfect so far so good.All functions:the knobs,the buttons,are easy to use.
The toasting button for the different browning levels is accurate and works well.The design is modern and
the color (candy apple red)is attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, July 3, 2012
Toasts both sides perfectly once you figure out which setting is best for you, and looks great on the counter top next to my red Hamilton Beach kettle! Delivered on time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Second one has bit the dust, August 1, 2011
This is a great toaster when it works. We just lost our second one....the lever breaks so it won't latch and start the toasting process. I do have to give raves to the Hamilton Beach customer service group, though. They are very helpful and kind. I just don't want to go back for a third try on the same toaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grea Color and Performance!, December 3, 2012
I like the slide out crum tray, the color and the style. I chose to order this through Amazon because there were no color variations available at other merchandise stores in the neighborhood. As far as performance, I like the blue lite indicator to let you know it's on. It has a cancel botton, defrost and a bagel setting. I love the click darkening setting. The toast comes out perfect.

Hamilton Beach 2 Slice Metal Toaster, Candy Apple Red
$34.99 $31.89
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.