Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 46 questions
votes
I know.. it's so SOOOOO frusterating trying to find a kettle with no plastic, and NOT made in CHINA... errrr.... I couldn't find an electric one with NO plastic (at least not one I could afford)... but I settled on this one which has the smallest piece of plastic but which doesn't touch the water ever.... and then when you pour there is a plastic filter, but I open the lid when pouring and the plastic never touches the water. And it is made in China if I remember, but I had to settle with it after MUCH research and a few returned kettles which had too much plastic inside. I don't understand WHY they would make a stainless steel kettle and then put plastic inside. Anyways... good luck to you!
Jun 14, 2013 by Angela
votes
I also found rust on the inside bottom of the kettle. Not sure what you mean by never leaving extra water in the kettle - it's a kettle, and in my house, that means it's used a dozen times a day, if not more. There's NEVER a time when it doesn't have water in it, and quite honestly, that shouldn't make a whit of difference! I got rid of it with some steel wool, it didn't return, but it did make me question the overall quality. The on/off switch on mine failed after six months, so I replaced it. The manufacturer's help line was only open Mon-Fri 8am-4pm, which only strengthened my conviction that it wasn't a great product. I ended up replacing it with an Oster, which has an actual spout that you can pour from (another gripe I had with this model), as well as a water gauge, and a much better designed on/off switch.
Mar 6, 2010 by F. Gibbons
votes
Auto off doesn't kick in until its boiled too long, in my opinion. I usually flip it off before the auto does
Dec 3, 2013 by Marybeth
vote
plastic Jul 27, 2013
no, it's stainless. the handle is plastic, but other one we had for 6 yrs and never a problem with plastic breaking down in any way. Inside of top lid is plastic, but it also never experienced any degradation, worked great. On our second one only becuase of time and me not being careful enough with the base!
Jul 27, 2013 by mlee11211
vote
It's in the base. I wanted one with NO plastic. Hard to find. Here are it's problems: 1. the fill line is low and hard to see 2. it clicks off when it decides to click off after boiling hard otherwise you have to turn it off yourself 3. the filter they have in it makes the water go all over the place. #2 means the heat registration takes some time so maybe this will last longer than 2 - 3 years. But there is NO plastic. The base has all the information re: no immersion etc. This is the heating element. The heating registration is in the bottom of the pot. This is why it has to boil so hard to turn off.
Oct 28, 2014 by Suzanne Jacobs
vote
at 90 degrees it allows you a wider/faster pour or a quick empty. It pours really well for me whether closed or flipped to 90 degrees. To remove the lid for cleaning you push a button on underside of lid that releases it from the pot. When you take the lid off it's I a cinch to clean since it is wide all the way around and no nooks or crannies. Love it!
Oct 22, 2013 by ksdietz
vote
is it 18/10 Stainless? Oct 29, 2013
I don't know- no marking to that effect- however, the stainless material seems to be quite thick and sturdy and denting and scratching has not been an issue despite normal amount of daily abuse. Definitely does not feel flimsy like some low-end metal appliances. Outer surface is nice brushed satin, inner surface is polished.
Oct 29, 2013 by Pounamou
vote
I would not say it "dribbles". However, if you are looking for a precise pour this is not your product.
Dec 28, 2013 by Chubs
vote
Nope!
Jul 12, 2014 by M. Wharton
vote
I have no idea, but this unit is solid. A friend has something she bought at Target, and it is lightweight in comparison. It is seamless stainless inside also. Well made. We love it. Nothing bad to say about it.
May 23, 2014 by mhart
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers