5.0 out of 5 stars More retro than it photographs., August 15, 2013
b-ram-z "b-ram-z" (Marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hamilton Men's H38415581 Timeless Class Silver Dial Watch (Watch)
I really wanted some of the other Hamilton watches out there, but whenever I tried them on, they were just too big or ornate. I chose this watch sight unseen, hoping that 38mm wouldn't look as clownish as 40mm (also, bigger watches are evidently falling out of fashion). This watch definitely has the 60's retro thing down pat. I have an old Omega from this era, but at 34mm is so small that it looks feminine. In photos, this watch looks very blocky, but in real life it's more rounded and subdued. People say "wow, I love that watch. It's so SIMPLE."

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect automatic dress watch, February 1, 2013
Great watch. Simply cannot be beat at this price range and quality.

MOVEMENT

Since Hamilton is part of Swatch, you get the ETA movement - the same reliable movement that is in Omega and other watches over 10x more expensive.

Absolutely no other brand can give you such movement quality at this price point.

LOOKS/STYLE

Very elegant. At 38mm you don't look like a clown. It's a dress watch.

Band is very dark brown that you can wear with black or brown shoes.

The font of the 3/6/9/12 numerals looks a tad informal/cartoony for some reason...would be my only very small gripe

My watch loses 12 seconds each day which is average. but I hear you can have that adjusted.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, August 25, 2012
Pretty nice watch, looks great, good quality, the only problem is it gains approximately 20 seconds per day, so I have to adjust the time like every two or three days.

Hamilton Men's H38415581 Timeless Class Silver Dial Watch