5.0 out of 5 stars I rarely write reviews.
Published on December 6, 2011 by Sf fanatic

3.0 out of 5 stars An author worth keeping an eye on.
Published on December 26, 2011 by CB

5.0 out of 5 stars I rarely write reviews., December 6, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Kindle Edition)
I was skeptical about this book having 30 reviews and 5 stars, however after reading the first few pages I realized why it was rated so high. This book isn't your usual futuristic space battle drama, its a story first and science fiction second. By that I mean the author does an excellent job at blending technology of the near future in with a story that keeps you turning the page. He skips the in depth technobabble and tells you what you need to create an in depth mental picture of events and characters.

Ill be watching this author closely for future releases. Mr. Bond easily made his way to my top 5 e-book authors with this novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAMMERHEAD, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Kindle Edition)
This is a great read for those who love action packed, good versus evil, novels. The characters in this story are captivating. Very well reseached and written. Finally, a quality novel without the need for an R rating. Hope this is a first of a series. I would love to see this on the big screen ;-)

RW

Georgia

3.0 out of 5 stars An author worth keeping an eye on., December 26, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Paperback)
I decided to try this book out because of it having so many people praising it so highly. Personally I didn't get as much out of it as those who gave it five stars. As a self published work and a first novel the quality is actually quite high. However, while the story is entertaining, I personally enjoy more technically detailed sci-fi with larger scale battles. I thought this would have those elements but it was a misunderstanding I got from one of the reviews. The alien invasion happens before the novel takes place and only serves as background. While the misunderstanding is not a fault of the story it's important to mention. I also prefer more detailed characterization but I don't feel these quickly drawn characters are so much a fault as an intentional construction for fast paced and/or developement in the author's experience. The author is capable of showing quality and depth in a character as is evidenced by the main character. As the author developes I think we'll see more of that quality in more characters. If the author follows this book with a sequal in which a broad scale war occurred as is hinted at along with more in depth characterization I think I'd really enjoy it. If you like fast-pace with less emphasis on technology, then you'll probably be one of those 5 star reviewers. If not, this author may still be worth a look. I'm going to keep an eye on his future books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hammerhead is a work of art!, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Kindle Edition)
Just finished the book, and decided to update my review:
IF YOU DOMT HAVE THIS BOOK, I SUGGEST YOU GO OUT AND BUY IT!
The last 100 pages had me on the edge of my seat and glued to the pages. This book does not slow down at all, there are no boring sections that make you want to skip over, it is just go go go action! I don't want to give away anything from the book, but The ending was very well thought out and left me wanting more. I hope that there may be a sequel to this later down the road

OLD POST:
I just started this book so far and I have been pleasantly pleased so far! This book drags you in with a great plot. The work is very well written and has fantasitic visual elements that hwlp you escape into the authors story. I recommend this book to anyone who loves science fiction and suspenseful action packed. This book is a very good page turner that has you flying through the chapters. I haven't finished the book so I'm looking forward to the climax, and I will definitely update my review one I'm finished. Great job Mr. Bond!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Sci-Fi is alive!, October 16, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Paperback)
Hammerhead is a book that will grab your attention in the first chapter and make you call in sick to work until you have it finished. Much of the books that are pawned off as sci-fi these days is mostly fantasy. The author seems to be channeling Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein! Space ships, war, alien invasions, powerful megalomaniacs trying to take over the world, it's *all* there. Add to that a core group of characters you start to identify with, along with a little male/female tension without being R rated, and you have one of the best books you have read this year!

I'm looking forward to the next book from the author! It'll definately be on my *must read* list as soon as it's out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Just wow!, November 1, 2011
Bittermac (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hammerhead (Paperback)
How do you take 2 or three action films worth of action and adventure and cram it into one book. Then get Hammerhead and you will see how its done. This book had me at hello. By the end of the first chapter, I had put aside another book I was reading and had to finish it. Jason Bond has managed to take fantastic sci fi settings, incredible action scenes and not lose his characters in it all. I highly recommend this book for anyone who likes sci fi.
Why are you still reading this? Go buy it! Now! I'm serious!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fast-paced military sci-fi, December 6, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Kindle Edition)
I bought my copy on the spur of the moment, searching for something new to read before going to bed. Probably not one of my finest ideas... I found it very difficult to put down and turn off my bedside lamp. Fortunately I didn't have to go to work the next morning!
A good debut novel from a promising author. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for new works by Mr. Bond.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, November 1, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Paperback)
Pynchonian futuristic action-adventure at its best. "Hammerhead" is a nonstop thrill ride from page 1. You won't be able to put down this vibrant debut until it's over, at which point you'll be hitting the internet trying to figure out when Bond's sophomore effort is hitting the bookstores. Five stars, with a bullet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read- Pulls you in quick, August 28, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead (Kindle Edition)
I split most of my time between Fantasy books like The Dresden Files, the Sookie Stackhouse series, Martin, Jordan and Tolkien and Thrillers like Child, Grisham, Connelly and Baldacci- but I don't usually read a lot of Sci-Fi like Hammerhead. Preferences aside, I actually liked this book and burned through it in about two days.

My biggest compliment for the author is that, unlike some other books I have read, I was able to dive right in and get hooked within the first hour. Quite often I will try out a new book from an author I haven't read before and I have to get 50-100 pages into the book before I can decide whether or not it is going to be something that I am going to enjoy. Bond creates a good start, painting a world with characters and situations that, while new, are not alien and you find yourself quickly falling in.

For criticism, I would question some of the transitions in the plot later in the book- it seemed like the story wandered a bit off the rails toward the end of the book. To counter this however, I got hooked enough early on in the story, that I really didn't find myself caring overly much.

Overall, I had more fun with this book than I have with some of my other recent reads this summer. Well worth the $5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hammerhead delivers, September 5, 2011
Kellee Anne Berg (Pasco, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hammerhead (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book and was difficult to put down. I enjoyed the strong female role, and look forward to more books this author writes. I hope this first book develops into a series. Nice work Jason.

Hammerhead