4.0 out of 5 stars This is a hard core sled.
I'm a big guy who likes sledding (6'1 220) and its tough to find one that won't self destruct. I've used this sled several times this winter and I'm very impressed, the steering is unbelievable. So far the main components have held up well despite my size.

Published on March 10, 2011 by Lachlan

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS CHEAPLY MADE SLED!!!!!!
Published 5 months ago by Jason LaBella

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a hard core sled., March 10, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)

The peripheral stuff...not so much. The handy carry strap is a piece of junk, the velcro isn't strong enough to hold and it has to be modified for it to be any use. The runners won't stay on without the clips so make sure you get those. Also the runner skegs wear out fast,they're only made out of thin plastic, and they just don't hold up. However I'm a big guy and I'm sure they'd last a lot longer with a smaller sledder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sled EVER!, November 19, 2010
Carolyn Lacombe (Shelburne, VT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)
High quality, steers like a dream, skis are great in powder and firm packed conditions, and I can drag my feet to slow things down when I need more control. It is super light so I can carry it up mountains for longer downhill fun. LOVE it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)
Fun for the kids on gentle slopes, and a real rocket ride for adults on more aggressive slopes. The handling is amazing. Most sleds, if you can steer them at all, have really delayed steering, but the Hammerhead's steering is immediate. Hard turns at high speeds are a breeze with the wide rear skis because they drift nicely. No question this is the fastest sled on the hill -- in large part because you can control it. Drag your feet to slow down, or hard bank it to stop quickly -- just like a skier. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled, May 25, 2010
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)
Amazing product extremely light very beautiful and you can see the material that was used to build this product is of a high quality. Amazon was very prompt and professional with organizing and selling the product. Thank you.

Regards Micky

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast on hard snow, March 14, 2011
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)
I bought Hammerhead Pro sleds for my wife and I last week, taking advantage of Amazon's sale price, and hoping for some late Winter sledding. We have a tall, steep hill just South of us, so hiked over there and tried them out. The first day the temperature was in the high 30's, and the sleds were so very slow. This morning the temperature was 20 degrees Fahrenheit, and the snow was nice and hard. The sleds flew down the hills, giving us thrilling rides. The sled's front skis do turn the sleds quickly on this type of snow, so be very careful. We found that lying down and spreading our legs wide kept the sleds from overturning when turning at speed. The sleds are very attractive and light weight, and seem quite sturdy. One small problem so far: I stood the sleds on their back skis in our warm basement, and the rear skis bent slightly. I was able to twist them back into shape...you should store them flat. The sleds seem to be faster than our 100 year old Flexible Flyer on hard snow, and should be more versatile in different snow conditions.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS CHEAPLY MADE SLED!!!!!!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)
I am very upset with this product! I bought the hammerhead sled thinking it was going to be good, especially because it cost $80!!! I used it for the first and only time, went down a moderate hill at Mt HOOD in Melrose MA and the whole front of the sled broke off and hit me in the throat very hard. I contemplated going to the hospital because of pain and difficulty swallowing!! I also do not exceed the weight limit of this product!!! Be careful if you use this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for an adult toy?, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled (Sports)
My son said this was the first sled he ever tried that turned exactly when and where you wanted it to. Amazingly light so it's easy to carry, you might want to invest in a helmet as it will change the type of hills and obstacles you can sled on and around:-jmw

Hammerhead Pro XLD Snow Sled