Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hammock Bliss Sky Tent 2 - A Revolutionary Tent For 1 or 2 Hammocks Off The Ground - Stay Dry From The Rain, Safe From The Bugs With Ample Space For You And Your Gear!
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 30, 2012
I bought this after discovering that my back liked a hammock more than a cold ground even despite having multiple pads to sleep on. This is a great hammock supplement. Keeps the bugs out. Don't know how well it keeps water out. The first night I used it, I was still cold in my 15 degree Fahrenheit down bag. In particular my back and the backs of my legs froze. The following night, I used a blow up sleeping pad underneath the sleeping bag and on top of the hammock and I was incredibly warm, all night.

The only complaint I have is that it took me a few attempts to get the hammock hung at an appropriate height such that the pressure was taken off of the parts of the tent that the hammock ropes pass through. I am well over 200lbs and had to hike the hammock up higher up the tree than the hammock rope holes a few times to get it right. After finding the appropriate height, the pressure was taken off of the tent and all was right with it.

I really liked the rope that runs thought the top of the tent. I used it to hang all sorts of swag, a small battery powered lantern and a bottle of water.
on April 11, 2015
This is a great concept and I look forward to getting it out in the woods to set it up! It will keep you dry and bug free! Only weights a little over 2lbs too.

6/15/15 - I was finally able to use this hammock tent and I was quite pleased with it. It served its purpose in keeping bugs away. I can not report on keeping you dry in rainy weather but the tarp could be a little wider in my opinion. I hung it correctly the first time with only slight modifications. It's quick and easy to put up and down too. My 21 YO son and I stayed in it and it is cramped for 2 large adults but it can be done so long as one sleeps one direction and the other person sleeps the other. The top hammock needs to be quite tight and only 6 inches or so from the ridge peak for it to work with 2 hammocks. The bottom one then just so long as you're a couple feet off the ground you're good.
on June 9, 2014
The idea of this little shelter is good, the materials are solid, but the idea that two people could shelter comfortably in this thing is laughable. I bought it for an upcoming backpacking trip with my 10 year old son, we set it up in the back yard and both climbed in our hammocks. I immediately ordered an another hammock shelter for me. Keeping this one for the boy. Honestly I don't think sleeping two in any hammock shelter is a realistic expectation.
Nice try though.
on March 30, 2014
I bought this and a hammock bliss single hammock before a camping trip because I was tired of sleeping on the ground while out camping with my friends. Took me a little while to figure out the best way to hang it with the hammock but I finally got it right. Basically I tie the hammock high enough that it is barely touching the ridge line in the sky tent and after hopping in and letting it sink a little it is the perfect height for me. First time I took it out camping I was the only one of the four of us with a hammock and needless to say they were all a little jealous. Since the sky tent can hold 2 hammocks one of them bought a hammock and hung with me on the next trip. Overall I have used it four times so far and it is pretty amazing. I wish they made one with the inside completely closed off instead of the bug-netting because I feel like it would keep the wind off you better in lower temp camping. Overall though it's a great product that I can't endorse enough.
on August 20, 2013
This is a necessity for hammock-camping! Initially, I tried to make my own with a tarp and mosquito netting, but ended up soaked, tangled up in the fabric, and eventually went to sleep in my car! Once I got the Hammock Bliss, it took some adjusting to get arranged "just right" (for instance, there are 2 holes to thread the hanging rope for two hammocks, which I don't recommend, since I used the top hole on one side and the bottom one on the other). So, I would only use it for one hammock only. (I have the EVO.)Also, adding a light tarp angled on one side is helpful in case the wind blows rain sideways through the netting. I also changed out the ropes for more durable, locking-type. But, it is now my favorite way to camp!
on April 12, 2015
Just got back from my first backpacking trip after purchasing the Hammock Bliss Sky Tent 2. It was everything that I was hoping for. I found it easy to set up. It didn't weigh my pack down. It also had enough room for both my daughter's and my hammock. I can't wait for our next trip.
on March 31, 2016
After using this several times I can honestly say I don't think it's a good design. It's just way too difficult getting everything to hang correctly and if you use this after a long day of hiking like I do, the last thing you want to do is spend an hour setting up your sleeping arrangement. The last time I set it up I didn't notice the hammock lines were loser than the sky tent (easy mistake to make) and when I laid down the hammock line tore through the tent's mesh. In hindsight, I would have definitely gone with a hammock with built in netting/fly rather than this one.
on March 25, 2013
Easy to set up and lightweight! I used on a 2 night backpacking trip and had no issues. Well made and kept the bugs out! I can't wait to use it again!
on May 31, 2012
Bought this and a hammock by the same company to go with it. Best sleep i've ever had while camping.
Easy to hang. Easy to use.
Didn't get any bad weather, so don't know how it performs in a storm, but some large tarps to hang above it should suffice unless it is a really bad rain.
Definitely recommend this for campers who like to pack light.
on May 1, 2015
This is really cool. It is the first off-ground tent we have owned. We usually stay in cabins when we go camping, but the last few times we have decided to "rough it" even more. The material is very durable and it is relatively comfortable. I am not a tent expert, but I am happy with this buy for sure. Headed down to North Carolina in June with the family, very excited to be bringing this along.