Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on December 8, 2009
I have been sleeping in Rada Hamacas full-time for the last 6 years due to chronic back problems that make normal mattresses uncomfortable. Each hammock lasts about 1 1/2 years of 8 hours a day 7 days a week use before strands start breaking. The single and double sizes are fine for casual use in the back yard in the summertime but the matrimonial size is ideal for full-time use. Family size would be good for 2 people at once and the jumbo size is perfect for when the entire neighborhood needs a nap.

If you're not ordering the natural beige, the color selection can be a bit of a gamble. As long as you're not expecting rigidly defined shades the colored hammocks are festive and bright and liven up the darkest of spaces. Every shipment is a pleasant surprise of colors.

Customer service and shipping are always top-notch. Rada is eager to please and doesn't shy away from large orders. If you're looking for traditional mayan hammocks, Rada is the place to go.
44 comments198 of 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2010
When I set out in search of a hammock to share with my wife of eight months, I was afraid I would get something that we weren't happy with; those fears we never realized. To begin with, the shipping was lightning-fast. I ordered on a Thursday from Ohio, and it was at my house by Monday. It is a breeze to hang; this style of hammock is very forgiving about spread and height of hanging points. Then, I sat down. That was the moment I knew without any doubt that I had not been disappointed. Sinking into one of these hammocks is like lying in the arms of an angel. If you lay lengthwise, it curls up around you like a net. If you lay crosswise, it spreads out to support your entire frame for total relaxation. The style of the weave tends to envelope your body (or bodies) and give the feeling of floating on air. The hand-made quality is impressive. Let me just summarize by saying that I will never even think about buying an American-style hammock (the kind with spreader bars, or dumper bars), and as far as I can see, there is no reason that we should ever look past Hammocks Rada for all our hammock needs. This hammock will not let you down. ;)
11 comment115 of 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2010
I am now on my second "matrimonial" Mayan hammock. The first one I bought at a boutique hammock shop and it lasted four summers outside; the one that I just bought from 'Rada is of the same quality as the Boutique model, and much more affordable. I'll be back for more when the time is right.
11 comment61 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2015
I have 6 hammocks, this is the best one I have. I love how the hammock snugs the various parts of the body, it is like a natural form of memory foam. This is my first, and only 'string' type of hammock, and I didn't know what I was missing.
I didn't go with a string hammock because of negative online reviews concerning string hammocks...I most certainly should have known not to pay attention to the sheep/parrots that love to reiterate what others say.
The holes on this hammock are very, very small....I am now a convert of string hammocks!
I'm not sure about longevity, however, seeing as how I only use the hammock indoors, (it is my bed, chair, and couch), I foresee it lasting a long time.

In case anyone is wondering why I have so many hammocks, its because I'm 70, and disabled. I'm an amputee that has other problems besides having a prosthetic leg. I started sleeping in a hammock a couple of years ago, (something I wish I'd have done a lot earlier)...so I've been looking for a hammock that was not only comfortable, and one in which I could lie in to watch T.V., (hard to do in a hammock, as I always fall asleep and hardly ever get to see a complete show...hammocks are oh-so-good)....but I also needed a hammock which I could get out of easily with my prosthetic leg, not that easy a task especially for a disabled elderly man.
One hammock would be comfortable, but difficult to get out of, and/or watch T.V. while in the hammock as the sides would go way up in the air blocking the view of the T.V.
Other hammocks would be easy to get out of, but not that comfortable...etc., so the search continued.
This hammock is perfect for me; easy to get in and out of, the sides don't go way up in the air, (even IF they did, it is easy to see through the hammock)...and it is extremely comfortable; my search is over, I've found my perfect hammock!

EDIT: Not only is this hammock a superb hammock, the seller is the absolute best I've ever had dealings with. Being 70 years old and disabled, also living alone and not driving I do a LOT of online shopping, and have for over a decade so I've dealt with a lot of sellers; again, this seller is the best!
I had an issue with the hammock that was 'sort of' my mistake, and the seller is sending me another hammock....all I can say is WOW!
Also, it is easy to see that this hammock is indeed 'hand made', looking at it I can only imagine the amount of work someone had to do to make this wonderful hammock. In my opinion, the price of this hammock is too low, due to the quality, and the amount of work necessary to make this hammock. I am making that statement being poor, because I live on very little social security, yet I would pay a lot more for this wonderful hammock.
22 comments17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
I looked at quite a few hammocks before I ordered this one and was a little unsure about it since it was far from expensive. I also ordered the Pawleys Island Tree Straps from Amazon and then purchased the carabiner hooks at a big box store. Those items brought the cost closer to one hundred dollars. When the package showed up (in three days) it made me a little nervous; it was very small. It turns out I had nothing to worry about. It took me about a half hour to put the straps on the trees and hang the hammock between two trees and take it for a test run. NICE!

Even on a hot day, I can lay in it under the shade trees and be comfortable. The way it is woven allows for air flow from underneath without leaving those rope marks on your back and legs. I hung it at just the right height that I can throw a leg over and give a good kick on the ground to get it swinging more. My year old granddaughter loves it and I can really swing her in it without it trying to tip like those hammocks with wood bars. I have even stayed in it after dark and had to sort of roll up in it to keep the mosquitos off of me.

It has been left it out in the rain a couple times and it dried quickly, but I typically take it down when extended rain is forecast and hang it in the shed on hooks I installed on opposite walls. I would advise to be careful with it if you are taking in down and moving it around to keep the threads at the ends from getting tangled. I can see how it would be a nightmare to untangle if you just take it down and drop it in a pile somewhere.

As far as it being a good two person hammock, I can't really say since I bought it for myself (5'6", 150 lb), but I can lay cross-ways in it comfortably - or straight - or sprawled out - or on my side - or roll up in it...
on January 10, 2012
I bought this hammock for my husband for Christmas and it is plenty big for both of us to lie in. It has small fibers so it is very soft and comfortable. There are no knots that are uncomfortable under your back or neck.
on March 31, 2011
I love this hammock!, I set it up after i got off of work yesterday and laid down to test it out... An hour later I woak up not even meaning to take a nap. Very comfortable!
0Comment31 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
There are less expensive hammocks and ones that will last for 10 years because they are made out of nylon or some other synthetic, but they don't compare to the comfort of the rada hammock. I was skeptical at first, but because of Amazon's return policy, the worst that happens, is that we send it back, no-way, this one is a keeper.
on November 21, 2011
This was the fastest service that I have ever had on Amazon period. This product came all the way from Mexico and with out expediting shipping it was at my door in three days. WOW. And the quality is just what I remember when I was in Yucatan and in Northern Guatemala. The best hammocks ever.
on March 6, 2013
we have bought many yucatan hammocks. some are stringy weak and poor quality and others are thick and strong and comfortable.
the photos on the web look like the larger strand strong comfortable hammocks we have used over the years. the ones that arrived are the cheap stringy uncomfortable cheap ones and will not work for our home or guests. would return if possible, but had to travel the day they arrived and are probably stuck with them??? will try and return when return to hawaii.
would not order again and wish the distributor put photos of the correct hammocks on their web pages!!
22 comments12 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse