5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Mending
I love this book because it is clear and simple.

It covers several basics: knotting a thread, sewing on buttons, hemming, repairing ripped seams, replacing elastic and more.

The directions are easy enough for a child to understand yet it doesn't talk down to adults or teens.

As a seamstress with over 30 years experience, I am now starting...
Published on March 8, 2008 by Grace Mendez

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners
Intended for the novice sewer. The description implies it is for a wider audience, it is very basic - an experienced sewer has accumulated this knowledge.
Published 1 month ago by Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Mending, March 8, 2008
Grace Mendez (Emeryville, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hand Mending Made Easy: Save Time and Money Repairing Your Own Clothes (Paperback)
I love this book because it is clear and simple.

As a seamstress with over 30 years experience, I am now starting to teach others to sew. I have been looking for a reference book for students interested in doing their own mending and quick repairs. It is a perfect book for anyone who is not going to be using a sewing machine but still wants to do some sewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Being able to mend a bit of clothing is economical, personally satisfying, and an indispensable skill, April 2, 2008
Being able to mend a bit of clothing is economical, personally satisfying, and an indispensable skill that has almost been lost in the currents of our throw-away culture. The looming economic recession is beginning to introduce and instruct a whole new generation in the benefits of conserving garments through the use of a bit of needle and thread. Needlecraft expert Nan Ides' "Hand Mending Made Easy: Save Time And Money Repairing Your Own clothes" is specifically designed to teach novice sewers to use the economically beneficial option of making simple, common repairs ranging from sewing on buttons, to fixing seams, to ironing, to repairing broken zippers. Superbly organized, illustrated and presented, "Hand Mending Made Easy" is an ideal instruction manual and reference for students, bachelors, working women, and anyone else operating on a limited budget and needing to make their clothing look good while recovering from the inevitable wear and tear they are subjected to. Of special note is the chapter on when not to try mending a garment. "Hand Mending Made Easy" is a money-saving and enthusiastically recommended addition to any personal or community library Needlecraft reference shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Instructions for Hand Mending, January 30, 2010
Linguere (Hamilton Bermuda) - See all my reviews
This is a great book for anyone who may feel a bit intimidated about mending their own clothes. The instructions are clear and the illustrations complement the instructions well. Even an experienced sewing enthusiast will benefit from Nan's money-saving tips. Use it as a reference book or as a guide for mentoring beginners.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good informative book., February 28, 2013
Carol D Dekle (Fort Myers, FL, US) - See all my reviews
i am an old hand at sewing and mending and it taught me a few things i did not know.

i like the book far better than i like amazon's review requirements, which it took me a while to understand, and i found so frustrating that i took one star off the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, January 9, 2012
I originally intended this book for myself. I have a fair bit of sewing experience, but I don't do much hand mending, so I thought this could teach me some tricks. As it turns out, there was nothing in the book that I didn't already know. I gifted it to my sister who has no sewing experience. It is perfect for her! She doesn't have a sewing machine and she and her husband are on a very tight budget, so they need to be able to make their clothes last. This book shows her everything she needs to know to do basic repairs. It has clear and helpful pictures. One of my favorite features was the supplies list that was broken into different levels like basic supplies and "nice to have" supplies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great manual., July 24, 2011
I bought this book to accompany a sewing kit that I put together for my soon to be daughter-in-law. At first I was disappointed because the book is actually just a thin little paperback. However, the information is very well presented and organized. Even though I've been sewing for years I even learned a few tips. I will be including this book in future wedding shower gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the beginner, May 1, 2014
Great for learning the basics for beginners. People who are more experienced with sewing and mending will probably already know everything in this book (EX: stitch types, button sewing, hemming). It is very easy to understand and has great supportive images.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a young girl, I would have loved this book., October 27, 2013
If I were a young girl just learning to sew, I would love this book. It explains all the basics very well. Actually, I'm a senior citizen and I love the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars mending book, July 7, 2013
great shape and great info.....Very reasonable and is a great resource for the "beginner"...Was delivered quickly and in great shape...Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, December 7, 2012
I have NO sewing experience.....this book is PERFECT!!! Very easy to follow the directions!!! Now I can easily fix things the right way!!!

Hand Mending Made Easy: Save Time and Money Repairing Your Own Clothes