Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on August 18, 2012
All this is, is rubbing alcohol. It is easier to buy a big bottle from a store. This dehydrates the nail to help ensure the base coat sticks properly. You also use rubbing alcohol on a lint free wipe to take off the tacky layer left over by harmony gelish 'top it off.' I had bought the harmony gelish mini-starter kit and was annoyed to find all it has is rubbing alcohol (twice), acetone nail polish remover,cuticle oil, and the important top/bottom layer gel polishes. All you need to get online is a curing lamp and the nail polishes, everything else you can get cheaply at a nearby store. Hope this helps from a learned Harmony Gelish fan.
55 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2011
I was having issues with the Gelish polish peeling off my nails after about a week. Regular nail polish rarely lasted more than 2-3 days before it started peeling. I was using alcohol wipes before but that didn't work well either. So, I decided to purchase the PH Bond. This stuff works for me! I have had the polish on now for more than a week and it's still perfect - YAY! If you are having problems with your Gelish peeling or not lasting, I would consider trying this product. It's fairly inexpensive and it does the job well.
on May 5, 2012
Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Ethyl Acetate, Isobutyl Acetate

Purpose: Used to dehydrate the nail plate

Direction: Cover the prepped natural nail plate with PH Bond. When applying, wipe most of the product off from the brush applicator back into the bottle neck. Apply a dot to the natural nail plate with what remains within the brush applicator. Using a scrubbing motion, spread the PH Bond up to but just short of the cuticle line and not onto any applied artificial nail tip.

Requirements: Let dry before applying foundation gel

Note: I have read other reviews which say you can use rubbing alcohol instead of purchasing this product as it is cheaper but it will be missing two key ingredients. I would question if the overall manicure would last up to the expected two weeks by cutting corners like this. If you are using straight alcohol as a replacement for the PH Bond nail prep and your gel is lifting after a few days it is because the Ethyl Acetate and Isobutyl Acetate are the key ingredients which assist the Gelish Foundation base in making a proper and secure bond to the natural nail plate. Also, this product will last forever if applied correctly. I have read somewhere that it applies a thousand or more applications if properly used. I am a firm believer that if you are going to do something, do it right. It saves money, time and hassle in the long run.
44 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2011
I am a gelish fan and that is all I wear. I also do traveling manicures and pedicures. The instructions for applying gel polish is you have to lightly buff the nail, use the cleanser then do you base coat etc. PH Bond is optional but I find my customers do not like to have their nails buffed because it can be damaging to the nail. I think this dehydrates better than just plain alcohol or gelish cleanser. I do recommend still using the cleanser and the ph bond if you have super smooth nails and you don't want them buffed. A couple people have super smooth nails and they didn't want them buffed so I just used cleanser and their polish peeled but if the nails is slightly buffed or dehydrated it works fine without buffing. PH bond is good to have.
on May 17, 2011
I don't have any problem with Gelish polishes sticking properly without using this.
I simply use alcohol swab to dehydrate the nail.
Not absolutely necessary.

Edit: 6 months later and I'm here to buy a bottle to help manicure last longer on friends nails.
I'll try it myself with darker colors that I tend to apply heavier - those lift more than light colors for me.
on February 29, 2012
I've used Gelish before but it was applied at salons. For Christmas, I bought myself a UV lamp and Gelish polishes so I can do my own nails at home and save some money. I was having issues with the Gelish polish peeling after a few days which had never happened when a salon did my nails. I even wiped my nails with alcohol before applying the base coat but that didn't seem to help. After reading the various reviews, I decided to buy the PH bond. I had spent so much money on the lamp and polishes I figured why not. I'm really surprised that the PH bond worked. My Gelish nails lasted over 2 weeks without any chips. I only changed the color due to the unsightly nail grow out.
This Gelish pH bond is a good product. This is a dehydrator to remove the excess moisture of your nails and dry them so that the coats that follow will adhere better to your nails and last longer. It contains isopropyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, and isobutyl acetate. These are solvents to remove the moisture and any oils that may be on the surface of your nails.

It is the first step that you put onto your nail to prepare them for the applications of the foundation and polishes. Removing the moisture helps to prepare a good surface for the foundation and polish to stick to. You should not only apply this to your nail top but also to the nail tip. Let's face it, what good does it do to have a beautiful nail polish job on your hands and have if peel off in a few days after all of the hard work?

My wife got into gel nail polishes and using UV light to cure them and she asked me to help her so we sat down and did some research and found out that Gelish makes the best products that we could find. She looked at the local beauty supply houses and found that the prices they charged for Gelish was high and that the bottles were very small. They were also almost always out of stock on the more popular colors. Amazon has a better selection of colors, larger bottles and better prices. Doing her nails herself and buying at the better prices on Amazon she has saved a lot of money over going to the nail salon.

My wife has been doing her nails with Gelish for over 2 years and she loves it. She has also done the nails for family and friends and helped them get started. She always recommends that they buy their supplies on Amazon because of the selection, the lower price and the size of the bottles. This bottle is 15 mL. The ones at the local beauty supply house are 9 mL and cost the same price.

I have written multiple reviews on UV nail curing machine and here are the steps and curing times for a UV LED machine for your information. Please note that curing times can vary a lot depending on the type of UV lamp you are using.

Simple instructions to use nail polish gels in a LED curing lamp:
* Thoroughly wash and dry your hands.
* Push back the cuticle and clean the fingernail.
* Shape the nail using a nail file.
* Gently remove the natural nail shine with a nail buffer.
* Clean nails with Nail Surface Cleanse or alcohol using a cotton ball. Make sure you remove all cotton fibers.
* Apply Gelish pH Bond to nails
* Apply Gelish Foundation Gel or gel base coat in a thin coat to the nail and the nail tip edge and cure for 10 to 15 seconds under LED lamp.
* Apply your favorite color of Gelish Soak Off Gel Polish or your favorite brand of UV cured gel polish to the nail surface and to the nail edge.
* Place your hand into the USpicy UV LED lamp for 10 to 20 seconds for a light color or 20 to 30 seconds for a darker color. (We used 30 seconds)
* Apply Gelish Top It Off Sealer or Gel Topcoat to the nails and the nail tip edges.
* Place your hand into the USpicy LED UV lamp for 30 seconds.
* Gently wipe off the tacky surface (If any exists) of the nail using Gelish Nail Surface Cleanse or alcohol using a cotton ball.
* Apply Gelish Nourish to your cuticle and to the skin around your nail. (Conditions your skin)
* Admire your beautiful and stunning new nails that just took about 1/5 of the time to cure!

This is a 5 star product and I recommend it.
on May 8, 2011
This is a must have if your looking into the gelish nail polishes. It protects your natural nail and creates a bond for the bottom coat. I would highly recommend NOT skipping this step. Excellent product.
on May 22, 2013
I've been using CND shellac and Gelish Harmony polishes for almost a year. And I've read reviews how unnecessary this product is and alcohol works just as fine. Well, for those who have thick nails - yeah, it works just fine. I've done my friends and family nails, and everyone's manicure lasts 2-3 weeks. My nails are super thin and bendy, so I'd be lucky to get 4 days out of it (still worth it, since regular nail polish will be lucky to last a full day). So i decided to give this a try, and I'm glad i did!!! It's not the same as alcohol, as soon as it touches your nail you can see the action - it dehydrates the nail way better!! It hasn't been 2 weeks yet, but it seems that my nails are lasting longer, which is exactly the point.
on January 15, 2012
I was hesitant at first to spend the extra money on this step instead of first using the foundation. However, when I put it on my nails it quickly dehydrated them and the foundation polish seemed to cure and stick better.