5.0 out of 5 stars Removed the old oil from my lawnmower PERFECTLY!
Published on August 30, 2012 by Barbara Loney

2.0 out of 5 stars very slow pumping
Published on October 30, 2010 by K. Lee

2.0 out of 5 stars very slow pumping, October 30, 2010
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
I purchased exactly the same one as the one shown here for transmission oil change, but decided to use it for motor oil change beforehand. Good thing I did, since it was extremely inefficient in pumping oil. Instruction says pump it 3~4x and let the gravity do the work but it doesn't trickle out for a second then nothing would come out (I kept the drain portion lower than the intake as instruction says). It appears the fittings and pump itself have air leaks since the fittings cannot be securely fastened/tightened to form air tight seal. I even used tapes to create better air seal, and still it took about 1.5hr of pumping to get 3 quart out... Good really vigorous shoulder exercise meanwhile~. Overall, I guess you get what you pay for.

I guess it might be ok for a small amount of liquid, but for anything more than a quart or so, this may not be a practical tool. Just wanting to let others know so that they know what this can be useful for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute crap, June 20, 2011
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
These pumps are terrible, the hoses are just friction fit and they leak air, the seals leak gasoline everywhere. The pump barely functions at all and is very poorly made.

I almost got stranded when I was relying on using this (brand new) pump to transfer fuel to my kicker tank this weekend when main motor blew.

Only liberal application of rescue tape and frantic pumping among three guys enabled this pump to transfer enough fuel for us to make it back.

Of note, the pump wouldnt pump at all if it was more than a few inches above the level of the fuel in the main tank.

Buy a different pump! Especially if you're relying on this as a emergency fuel transfer pump.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crooks, July 5, 2011
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
These guys (fix find) are crooks. They sent me a different (far lesser) product than which was shown on the image and do not respond to emails. Buy from someone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Removed the old oil from my lawnmower PERFECTLY!, August 30, 2012
Barbara Loney "bloney" (Englewood, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
I almost didn't buy this pump because it wasn't very well rated by Amazon buyers. But I had to try something and I'm glad I went with this pump. I just used it to remove the oil from my rider mower because I couldn't budge the drain plug. But this little pump worked beautifully for that purpose. Before I started, I read the directions. Instead of using both orange hoses, I used only one and trimmed off about 8 inches in which I placed the "dipstick hose" according to the directions and then attached the 8 inch orange hose to the top of the pump. I also trimmed the dipstick hose to about 12 inches. (I was thinking that maybe pumping the oil a shorter distance would help the pump work more efficiently. But now that I've done the job, I don't think trimming the hoses mattered.)I used the rest of that orange hose to attach it to the bottom of the pump. I let the mower run for about 3 minutes to heat up the oil, place the dipstick hose in the dipstick hole on the mower and the other orange hose went into a bottle on the ground to catch the old oil. I pumped it a few times and soon the oil was flowing out of the mower into the bottle! NO PROBLEMS!!! If you have to change your lawnmower oil, this is a good way to go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but not very well designed, May 3, 2013
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
I gave this 3 stars because it will work well for some applications. I used it to pump gas and it got sticky and hard to pump. It appears that the lubricant doesn't stand up to gas very well even after just one use. The other reason I rated it low is due to how short the hoses are. I wanted it primarily to pump gas from the car so I wouldn't have to take the gas cans to the station to fill them. Almost all cars have the fuel filler opening in the side rear and the tanks are in the middle of vehicles so the hose provided is too short to reach fuel in the tank. Apparently wasn't designed, or maybe wasn't tested for this application. Appears it would work well if you don't want to pump from a vehicle or pump gas. I'll try to purchase a longer hose rather than return the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!!!!, September 3, 2013
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
Needed it to pump excess transmission fluid from my car. Worked perfectly except tubing supplied isn't long enough which means you'll have to buy more .

3.0 out of 5 stars u get what u pay for, March 14, 2013
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
it works but sometimes it can be a little diffulcult to pump. i wish the pump itself was a better one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well, November 27, 2012
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
I think the pump woorks pretty well. It takes a while to siphon 5 gallons but so far so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars what a piece of..., August 4, 2013
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
Tried to use this to change the oil in a pickup. The hose collapsed before it could generate sufficient suction to get a siphon effect started. Spent over an hour to remove several tablespoons of oil. Would have been quicker to glue q-tips to a coat hanger. Would have been easier to turn the truck upside down and pour the oil out. Ah well, live and learn. Oh, just to be clear--don't buy this.

2.0 out of 5 stars It will siphon out the liquid, but..., June 17, 2013
This review is from: 3-in-1 Hand Pump Siphon Gas Oil Liquid Air
I used this for two vehicles, a car and jet ski. It does siphon out the liquid, but the hoses don't connect well to the pump, so they come unattached quite frequently during the pumping.

The result? Oil shooting out across the cars front grill and/or my driveway.

I thought I had not sufficiently attached the hoses, but I soon found out there is NO WAY to attach them to ensure they are securely connected. In fact, it gets worse, because then the outlet and the hose is coated in oil, so it comes unattached even more easily.