Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 22, 2013
I bought this for the same reason any of us look at the product page, we want some sort of hand strap for out dslr that mimics camcorder hand straps to give our hand a rest from gripping so hard on the camera and to steady our shots a tad.

The strap arrived very fast and was just in a plain plastic bag. It feels well built and is very sturdy, the strap could be longer and the part that you have to loop could be a bit more secure but it feels fine.

This was put on my canon rebel t3i and it fit well, it screws into the bottom and then attaches to one of the camera strap loops.

but there is a major issue, the strap is too small, when I had it all the way loosened to the point i was uncomfortable with the stability of it, it was still too small. now i am a big guy, 6 foot 5 and 300 lbs, I have fairly large hands, it was just comically unusable.

my major gripe is that, while it is a big of a squeeze to put my hand in the strap, it makes most of the buttons on the back unusable. the buttons like av, and q menu and the d pad were meant to have to pivot your hand just a bit to get your thumb to comfortably reach them, and with this strap it firmly locks your hand vertical to the side of the camera so you cant pivot your hand. Making the buttons unaccessible.

literally within 5 min of putting on my t3i I took it off and now its just sitting around collecting dust.

so overall, cool product, but if you have anything you might consider big hands, stay far far away.
on January 11, 2014
This gives me a sturdy hold on my camera which I really like. It is well made and fits my smallish hands pretty well. I got it for my son for his camera but he didn't like the fit for his larger hands so I ended up with it!

One thing to be aware of is how much bulk it adds to the camera. There is a rather substantial bracket that screws into the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera. Since it takes up the tripod mount screw, the strap adds a screw mount so you can still use a tripod without removing the strap. The top of the strap threads onto the same metal bracket that your neck strap uses. This causes the neck strap to hang a little crooked - but it's not a big deal.

The added bulk from the hand strap eliminated a lot of camera bags - the camera simply won't fit in the compartment any more. Be sure to test this with your camera bag before you keep this.

The other thing to realize is that it takes a couple of minutes to take this off or put it on. Not huge - but definitely not something that you will whip off and on.

Pros: Extra stability and grip on your expensive gear. Decent quality. Hefty.
Cons: Not fast to remove or add. Adds a lot of bulk to your camera.
on May 25, 2013
I ordered this for a camera that I had purchased and hadn't arrived yet.. Unfortunately, UPS never actually delivered my camera to my home. I got another camera and this should fit (fingers crossed.) Anyways, the stitching on the canvas was all messed up & there was tons of extra thread. I had to cut all the frayed and extra thread off. When I say all messed up, that is exactly what I mean. There is not a doubt in my mind that this company got these as irregular's which is prob. why they are selling so cheap. Only reason I'm not returning is because it would wind up costing me double to pay the shipping back to the company. The saying "You get what you pay for" is True.
I will just be aware in the future that this company is one to steer clear of unless I want an irregular item.
on October 18, 2013
Once I modified the slot on the bottom of the support plate to allow the locking screw to align with the camera's tripod socket everything was fine.
on September 5, 2013
Strap was a little hard to get use to. What worked for me was I made the strap as tight as I could get it then let my natural hand movement loosen it till I was able to operate all functions easily.
on October 5, 2013
This hand strap is a great addition to my photography gear. It provides a much more secure grasp and allows for a bit more freedom when shooting.
on December 29, 2011
Great strap, I use it when shooting video great for stability. It is very comfortable and easily adjustable. Highly recommend it.
on September 19, 2013
Once it is adjusted and softens up a little, it works great. I haven't had any "oops" since I installed it.
on March 21, 2014
This strap is a cool idea and might be fine for other cameras. While it did technically attach to the camera, I could find no position or adjustment that would allow me to use the camera while my hand was in the strap. With the small body size the strap places your hand so that your index finger can't touch the trigger and your thumb can't touch any rear controls. Disappointed that this was recommended on Amazon as appropriate for this camera.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2014
What came in the mail is different than what was pictured. Extra strap and all. Confusing. Bulky and pretty much not usable. No instructions. What is shown in the Amazon add to put it on the camera is not what I got. Too inexpensive to return. I'll chock it up as a poor purchase form a inaccurate seller and eat the cost.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse