Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

on June 13, 2011
OK, 5 stars seems kinda crazy for this strange gizmo...but, it actually works and it was only $26.
1.It fits my iPhone 4 well.
2.It actually does magnify the image in the camera lens by quite a lot (I haven't actually checked the exact magnification number, but 8X seems about right.)
3.On the tripod, it produces a decently sharp picture, without dramatic distortion.
4.The tripod "works" in that it hold the iPhone steady, which is mandatory with this magnification.
5.It is really inexpensive.
6.It actually does focus.

Always remember that price. For that you should not expect a top quality product.
1.The tripod legs do not extend. In fact when I tried to pull the feet out like on my $20 Hakuba, the leg just detached completely.
2.The lens is NOT a zoom lens as the title says. It is only a telephoto lens.
3.The focusing is not very easy or necessarily accurate.
4.It has no instructions. (although its operation seems pretty much obvious.)
5.The so-called stylus that is thrown into the shipping package, is less than worthless.
6.It cannot take a portrait oriented image very well. The clamp and tripod pretty much limit it to landscape.

So I end up giving 5 stars because it is so cheap and actually does work. If it was $100, it would get 2 stars.

For a much more practical, and high quality tripod (no lens), I recommend the Joby Gorillamobile for iPhone 4. I find it very handy and easy to use.

I think of the lens a toy, a curiosity. If I want to take a real picture, I will get out my real camera.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2012
The lens seems to work ok, but the tripod is amazingly cheap and flimsy- more of a toy really. The mounting system consists of a half cover so this means I have to dismantle my existing cover to put this on. It's all a little funky and not very convenient. It also ends up not being that compact as the parts don't fit together well. A redesign from scratch of the mounting system and tripod would seem to be in order.
on January 16, 2012
Great addition to your I phone . The mount fits tight and holds the lens perfectly .. Takes good pics , which pleased my techy son. The only negative is that it was shipped in a bubble pack that was torn by the USPS . The free stylus pen was hanging out of the bag by its tether . Great product and works as advertized .
on December 30, 2011
Purchased as a present for a family member, after trying it out I will want to buy one for myself. Great quality product at a affordable price. Showed up on time as always with Amazon.
on January 10, 2012
Somewhat slow delivery, but it is a nice innovation and very useful for HDR images. Assembly was fairly intuitive and simple.
on June 26, 2012
I just got this last week and I love it. Wasn't expecting a product worth $100+ quality, as I only paid $28, but the product exceeded my expectations. It is easy to use and creates quality basic zoom shots (about 2x better than max zoom on the iPhone 4 cam) and slightly grainy, but high zoom, shots when zoomed all the way in on both the camera and the lens. Given the amount of magnification, that is expected unless you have a $$$ lens, which this is NOT meant to be. Until Apple comes up with a high quality telephoto lens, I will be happily using this. The shots I have taken so far exceeded expectations. Comes with a tripod, screen cleaner, and stylus (not good), and I am def buying a couple more for family gifts.
on February 19, 2013
I was looking forward to this wonderful attachment to my iPhone to finally be able to take photos from a distance.
The packaging and care they took in to creating these lens for such a reasonable price is the best. I could focus on my picture, but when U took the picture and viewed it, I kept getting an image of the inside of the lens. I tried to email HandHeldItems, but received no response on how to remedy my problem.
They gave me a refund with no problem, however, I wished the product captured the image from afar. Very disappointed
on September 17, 2012
Have you ever wanted some type of depth of field in your pictures and videos straight off the iPhone. This product for the price is unbeatable and the tripod stand is actually extremely sturdy and easy to use with a ball head mount. I used my iPhone for a film i produced for my college. yes a film off the iPhone but this lens gave me great professional looking depth of field, the type of professinal look i needed for my video to make it to the Communications show at my college. Be innovative this product is great.
on January 23, 2013
I bought this so I could get closer to the action at a concert. It worked well, but if I hadn't waited until the last minute to buy it, I would have selected one of the newer models that have 10x or greater zoom and came with other options, like fish eye and panoramic lenses. That said, the product itself comes with a durable case that I have found to be better than my previous case, an easy to fit zoom lenses, easy to use tripod and a bag to hold the accessories.
on February 11, 2014
Couldn't really get it in focus, so I never use the lens. The adjustable camera holder/ tripod adaptor is great, tho and you can use it to attach to any tripod. Very useful. The little table top tripod is ok-ish if you are literally using it on a table-top; otherwise it's not very stable. If you can get it cheap, it's worth it just for the tripod adaptor, which you can then attach to a real tripod. Forget the lens and the case thingie.