5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference book

Published on August 14, 2012 by Robert Becker

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference book, March 31, 2008
C. Lawton (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics (Hardcover)
This is the third edition of Zombeck's excellent handbook - and it was long overdue. It is an invaluable resource for students and academics in the field of space science and astrophysics. The layout is clean and information is easy to find. As well as covering all the standard topics one might expect in such a book, there are some interesting extras such as permissible raditation doses. Be warned though, there are relatively few explanations in here so it is not a book for the general public - you really have to know the subject matter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I expected, August 14, 2012
Robert Becker (East Meadow, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics (Hardcover)
Well, I guess it pays to read descriptions more thoroughly. I thought I was getting a textbook centered solely on Astrophysics. What I got was a listing of charts, formulae, and graphs relating to a course in astrophysics with not much of the background and explanations. I'm sure it will still be helpful to me, just not as a stand alone textbook. I'm glad my Manual of Mineralogy was so much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars A reference for modern Space Scientists, January 27, 2007
Roger Bagula "Roger L. Bagula" (Lakeside, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics (Hardcover)
This book is meant to be like the C.R.C.

Mathematics Tables that many of us have carried since high school.

Starting with fundamentals constants it presents values and equations

necessary for calculations in astronomical science

and ends with information on space delivery systems available at the time of printing.

Every college library connected with an astronomy program should have this reference on it's shelves.

Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics
Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics by Martin V. Zombeck (Hardcover - December 25, 2006)
Used & New from: $7.36